It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What time is it now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Time ends in the realization of eternity, which is timeless. Stop complicating everyting in order to always be right, thats another form of stupidity, and therefore a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Ps: The REAL question is:

What is Now?

kNOw... You are mistaken. The real question is: "To pee or kNOt to pee?"

Seriously though. The real question is "What is now?". Because the answer to that question is the answer to the question "What are we?"

kNOw it is kNot!

You could say Now is the Present, but they are both just werds used to define the same thing and werds are just werds, so what makes "Now" so special to rise above any other werd and have a special universal meaning?

Ribbit

It is special when you are able to fully participate in the now and know that what you are experiencing is all you.

So silly!

What's special is to exist in the Now, all the while knowing you have existed in the Then and will exist in the When, so the Now is just a mandatory stopover from the When going to the Then.

Ribbit

Ps: When is a good Time to pee? Now, Then, or When or all 3 or Never?

If I dew it Now, I will pee my pants but if I dew it When, it will give me Time to unzipped my britches and pull the dillywacker out and pee somewhere else besides in my pants.
If I did it Then, Then I don't kNeed to pee any longer and if I Never pee, you don't want to be around When I explode.

The actual event only occurs in the now. Not this now, but a future now. When it happens though, it will be now. Tomorrow WILL BE now when it arrives. But, just don't pee on my hand when I pick you up like you always do.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowstorm
I'm sorry to tell you... but it's HAMMER TIME!

Please hammer.. don't hurt them.

I still think it's tool time. Wait a minute... I just had a profound philosophical realization of enlightenment! Hammer time and tool time are one!

To hammer the tool or to tool the hammer, that is the question!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think I know what you're saying. We just need to think about the meaning of "infinity" in the right way and your point becomes crystal clear.

Its kind of scary at first, potentially nihilistic for the ego, and then you become astonished, and then at last it gives you peace, happiness and joy.

But I still wish that there were summer holidays which seemed to last forever..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yeah, they always pee right away in your hand when you pick them up, why is that Toad?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Time ends in the realization of eternity, which is timeless. Stop complicating everyting in order to always be right, thats another form of stupidity, and therefore a waste of time.

Comment seconded...

Akushla
;

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

I'm tentatively agreeing with your illustration, except that, this atomic box of slime we inhabit is somewhat beholden to the laws of atomic slime...and I say, somewhat...there are tales of 'bodies' being immune to degeneration...and it seems science has rediscovered that every cell in our box of atomic slime is replaced each year with a 'pre', and, 'running' program, through the auspices of a blueprint provided by DNA.

The instrument (if you want to refer to it in this way) is the you, who is always, 'You', regardless of what rundown carcass you inhabit.
This 'You', operates in a 'non-time' (while the slime around you degenerates)...
This non-time is the now...the only 'location', 'locum', 'locale', that you can 'be'.

You cannot 'be', in the past...and you cannot 'be', in the future...
You are in the now.

This 'now' time is what becomes glaringly obvious when 'out', of the box...as the past, and the future...become irrelevant...

Akushla

All of that is correct, based on this Matrix, but what if this Matrix is a flim-flam?

What if your Now has already occurred hundreds of times in the Past and will occur again hundreds of times in the future. With your philosophy of Now, there is no Past and there is no Future, so if the Past & Future dew kNot exist, then the Now has no where to go, which the werd GO is a movement werd, just as Time involves movement on both sides of the Now.

The Now is stagnation and the Universe is ever moving, just as Time is ever moving.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You could be wrong about time.

The ego likes time, and it attached to the concept like a small child to their security blanket.

Maybe its already forever now Toad, its possible.

And if there is no such thing as time, then it doesnt exist, whether you believe in it, or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

School is oppression which leads to repression.
I wish summer-freedom lasted forever in this society.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

2012 is my year (there I go, back into time), when I am going to be like that kid bursting through the school doors on the last day before summer holidays. Im 44, so its taken me quite a while to summon up the courage to live the life I want to be living. Crazy this thing we call time, its like a THIEF! It steals life, and Im not talking about the aging process or the body-clock, but the true life of living fully, even to overflowing.

link   

Originally posted by akushla99

I'm tentatively agreeing with your illustration, except that, this atomic box of slime we inhabit is somewhat beholden to the laws of atomic slime...and I say, somewhat...there are tales of 'bodies' being immune to degeneration...and it seems science has rediscovered that every cell in our box of atomic slime is replaced each year with a 'pre', and, 'running' program, through the auspices of a blueprint provided by DNA.

The instrument (if you want to refer to it in this way) is the you, who is always, 'You', regardless of what rundown carcass you inhabit.
This 'You', operates in a 'non-time' (while the slime around you degenerates)...
This non-time is the now...the only 'location', 'locum', 'locale', that you can 'be'.

You cannot 'be', in the past...and you cannot 'be', in the future...
You are in the now.

This 'now' time is what becomes glaringly obvious when 'out', of the box...as the past, and the future...become irrelevant...

Akushla

All of that is correct, based on this Matrix, but what if this Matrix is a flim-flam?

What if your Now has already occurred hundreds of times in the Past and will occur again hundreds of times in the future. With your philosophy of Now, there is no Past and there is no Future, so if the Past & Future dew kNot exist, then the Now has no where to go, which the werd GO is a movement werd, just as Time involves movement on both sides of the Now.

The Now is stagnation and the Universe is ever moving, just as Time is ever moving.

Ribbit

It is the 'matrix', you and I ARE in!

Our 'now' has occured hundreds of times in the past and in the future...only...not 'in this matrix' (as you like to call it).

When time becomes irrelevant...ewe dew knot knead two 'GO' aniwear!

Akushla
;

link   

We measure time in accordance with the earth's rotation in space, and calendar time by the earth's annual wabbling rotation around the sun. We don't worry about galactic time of course, or universal time, except to say that the universe is somewhere around 20 billion earth rotations around the sun or "years" old, and so on the basis of that, we think time is real, as a measure of causation, as relative motion in space-time. Then there's the time for atomic decay, so we set it on that, the second, and then build from there, a time-based reality of past - present - future. Tick tick tick tick.

If a galaxy, on average, "lives" 100 billion earth years and 50 new ones are born each and every earth day and more matter is created constantly, making the number of galaxies increase on a somewhat constant rate, then how many galaxies would currently exist?

There are Zillions of galaxies and the Universe is Infinitely old, cept'n the way things are now isn't the way it's always been.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You are misguided and you are the guide.

You cannot have eternity without an eternal factor and that eternal factor is Time.

So eternity is kNot timeless, it is comprised of Time itself.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ps: The REAL question is:

What is Now?

kNOw... You are mistaken. The real question is: "To pee or kNOt to pee?"

Seriously though. The real question is "What is now?". Because the answer to that question is the answer to the question "What are we?"

kNOw it is kNot!

You could say Now is the Present, but they are both just werds used to define the same thing and werds are just werds, so what makes "Now" so special to rise above any other werd and have a special universal meaning?

Ribbit

It is special when you are able to fully participate in the now and know that what you are experiencing is all you.

So silly!

What's special is to exist in the Now, all the while knowing you have existed in the Then and will exist in the When, so the Now is just a mandatory stopover from the When going to the Then.

Ribbit

Ps: When is a good Time to pee? Now, Then, or When or all 3 or Never?

If I dew it Now, I will pee my pants but if I dew it When, it will give me Time to unzipped my britches and pull the dillywacker out and pee somewhere else besides in my pants.
If I did it Then, Then I don't kNeed to pee any longer and if I Never pee, you don't want to be around When I explode.

The actual event only occurs in the now. Not this now, but a future now. When it happens though, it will be now. Tomorrow WILL BE now when it arrives. But, just don't pee on my hand when I pick you up like you always do.

The Wart-Factor of Time.

Will a wart appear or won't it? Only TIME will tell!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There you go.

So why are you so attached to this thing called time?

There is even evidence to suggest that its a type of eternal occurance, an evolutionary eternal recurrence (since the same thing cant occupy the same space twice (except the OWS movement).

Its a growth process in eternity, but being infinite, any finite particular nothing being nothing in particular, is nothing at all, so time ends as the everything already always forever is recognized, at some point along the way, which is NOW.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Yeah, they always pee right away in your hand when you pick them up, why is that Toad?

I think it's because they're scared of being wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Define time.

link   

ButtUglyToad, I have a problem accepting certain things you say because your title says seeker of MisTruth. Timeless is timeless, it doesn't mean the same thing as anything mentioned before in this topic.

link   

I think it's because they're scared of being wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Toads are sensitive.

Give'em enough Time and they will also poop on your hand but by the Time you realize there's poop on your hand, the creating event will be in the Past.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join