It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy is NOT all a bunch of "lazy hippies," and "unemployed bums"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

I'm not necessarily a big fan of how things are going with occupy but I am THRILLED that there are some Americans that are fed up enough to protest.

Indeed, I even posted a thread asking people to ignore OWS, and just asking if they could at least respect the fact that people world wide are fed up and are actually willing to try to change things, even if it's misguided.

Well, that thread didn't work out very well at all because people can't get past OWS and what the corporate media has programmed them to believe.

I'm a pessimist. I've always had problems with "the system" and was always kinda hoping I wasn't alone, but it's easy to get beaten down. I voted for who I thought would run my country the best, didn't matter, didn't matter who won, they both play the same hand of cards.

Then I saw the "arab spring" and "ows" popping up all over and i started to realize, the only reason this generation is so apathetic is because they have been programmed that way.

Look at some of the anti-ows comments in other threads.

"The system is to big to fix"
"They are wasting their time"
"This won't change anything"

That's the type of attitude our governments and media have drilled into our heads, then, low and behold, a bunch of "lazy apathetic" people started a global movement.

It gives me hope. The NWO police state can only work if we allow it, and clearly, people are willing to stand against it. And as more "fence sitters" see others are feeling the same, it will make it easier for them to make a stand as well.

Even if "ows" fails in it's goal of change, it has still completely a very important objective, making the public aware of the problems and that yes, there are possible solutions, we just need to be willing to implement them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by Expat888
some of us are intelligent enough not to blindly follow fools and idiots who arent bright enough to realise they're nothing more than pawns.

nor do we need others to speak for us - we speak for ourselves and live life on our terms not the terms of others.

so does this mean you are for or against OWS?

2nd

Against..
I have neither a need nor use for any governments, leaders, groups, religions least of all the unwashed mindless masses of ows.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
OWS (aka FLEA Party) does consist of a majority of lazy hippies, unemployed bums, and you forgot drug heads, homeless people, and criminals.

Scum of the Earth, wherever they go the smell follows them. Wish they would clean themselves up, and pick up after themselves. Many of these FLEA Party people call themselves environmentalists. If that were the case, why don't they pick up and clean up after themselves. Just filthy.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Did you watch the video? You're posting the same crap in every Occupy thread, that's called spam and/or trolling. It's funny that you condemn something you choose not to learn about.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Did you watch the video? You're posting the same crap in every Occupy thread, that's called spam and/or trolling. It's funny that you condemn something you choose not to learn about.

Propaganda videos don't impress me.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

As an opponent you should know your enemy, should you not? Unless of course you're just trolling something because somebody told you it was bad. Why don't you bring some intelligent debate to the table?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is it me or does that guy in the video look like Jerry Garcia?
I couldn't help it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The ones doing the most assuming and accusing of OWS always seem to be the ones who have never been downtown NYC or any Occupy movement.

The only things they supposedly "know" is what they get from the news.

Go out and see for yourselves people.
You'd be surprised at the difference between the reality of the situation vs what you hear on Fox news. It's almost as if the news is reporting on an entirely different movement.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am reporting the title of this thread as Political trolling.

Clearly a troll bait title of propaganda 101, which takes a truth, reverses it, and shouts it out loud.

Happy Thanksgiving.
edit on 24-11-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

kx

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog
For me, a "hater" is anyone who stands on the sidelines and criticizes without offering any solutions.

Calling someone a 'hater' simply because they can see the errors of something, or what's wrong with something, is downright silly. Keep on doing it if you wish ... but it's not 'hate' to see errors.

If you are not happy with the direction the movement is taking, maybe you should start your own or participate and try to change the direction of the movement.

You assume that everyone is physically and financially capable of doing so.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Thats just what the SNAKES and SHILLS have been spewing in attempts to make the movement look negative.

The movement contains folks of all colors, origins, and status coming together to voice their dislike of CORRUPT, GREEDY SNAKES raping us and ruining this country for us and our children.

A movement consisting of good and decent people, looking for the BS to end.

Not to mention MANY, MANY of our fine VETERANS are there. Havent seen a "hippie" yet, but I see MANY MANY veterans there.

Dont believe the SNAKES and SHILLS who want business as usual. THEIR under-handed business as usual that does nothing but RUIN the peoples lives and CRUSHES our children's futures.

edit on 23-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

The snakes already crashed Occupy Toronto and people in Torornto were way hatefuly

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks like they need numbers. They are recruiting homeless people now. So much for the OPS theory.

foxnewsinsider.com...

With the number of protesters dwindling and winter fast approaching, the organizers of the ‘Occupy’ movement in Indianapolis have turned to the homeless for help, recruiting them to help maintain the ‘Occupy’ presence in the city.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Instead of helping the homeless....let's just exploit them.

Nice job FLEA Party...err....I mean OWS.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

After 5 minutes he's blaming the Reagan administration on the S & L and blabbering about -re-regulation. If I listen for another 5 will he blame Bush for the Clinton repeal of Glass-Steagall?
He wants to know where the Justice dept is? Doesn't he know the answer already? Mr Holder is in hot water over his activities in Fast and Furious gun running. He'll be spending all his time defending his own self. He's got no time to prosecute Goldman-Sachs. Oh wait, Goldman-Sachs has half their staff in the WH. Oh yah, and Enron was Clinton and friends too. They were prosecuted in the Bush admin.

OK I will give him that he blames both parties at the very end, but only after 10 minutes of railing against Reagan.
I will say that CFR is comprised of both Democrat and Republican. Politicians on both sides of the aisle are going to protect the interests of the big bankers, power brokers and the NWO in general. Carter was a tri-lateralist under the auspices of Brzezinski. Kissinger on the Repub side.
CFR gets a lot of recruits from the Order of Skull and Bones per Antony Sutton's research.

edit on 26-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Is it me or does that guy in the video look like Jerry Garcia?
I couldn't help it.

And wasn't that his evil twin with him as well? Interesting that one guy was telling the other one to focus the lens on both parties. I mean really, blaming the crisis on Reagan and the S& L, sure the S&L thing happened, but if we are going to go back that far, let's talk about Carter and OPEC and Iran and what not. I didn't hear a word about Clinton repealing Glass-Steagall. Isn't that a major demand of theirs, to put back Glass-Steagall?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
The ones doing the most assuming and accusing of OWS always seem to be the ones who have never been downtown NYC or any Occupy movement.

The only things they supposedly "know" is what they get from the news.

Go out and see for yourselves people.
You'd be surprised at the difference between the reality of the situation vs what you hear on Fox news. It's almost as if the news is reporting on an entirely different movement.

How about when the Occupiers stop passing by Soros' place on their way to protest the Koch brothers. Oh yes, and the Koch bros are not even Wall Street, they are manufacturing, and here's the little lamb Occupiers following some pied piper to go demonstrate in front of Koch's home. It's just that certain people are highly focused on Koch bros because they donate generously to Tea Party. I have not heard one Occupier admit that Soros feeds MoveOn.org, Media Matters, Center for American Progress, and a whole slew of other Democrat media operations.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
nvm not worth it
edit on 26-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

This link may help you and others out a little bit.

The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk...[/url]

None of this shocks me any longer. But it does leave me feeling overwhelmed and a bit bewildered. Bewildered at those who b*tch at the OWS movement, and overwhelmed at how to "fix" the problems.

Harm None
Peace
edit on 26-11-2011 by amazed because: link issue

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Others are offering solutions and you sit here attacking the movement by trying to smear it using the daily GOP talking points and this is the points that me and the OP here are continuing to make plus it follows a mantra to a "t" and that is if you refuse to offer solutions but are quick to attack the movement you are one of two things, a paid shill by the banks meant to disrupt this movement by levying baseless attacks or someone who has already lied down and conceded their rights to the banks and Wall Street.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join