It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Choosing Our Next President? YES!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Anyone else notice how the media is bringing candidates up in the polls by covering them excessively then when they get up there a "scandal" hit(Cain) or they say something wrong or do something wrong and they shot back down the polls.

I guarantee the media will bring up Gingrich previous downfalls to make him look bad.

We all know the person running against Obama is Romney, as much as id like to see Ron Paul

edit on 11/23/2011 by Dillon123 because: spelling and grammatical errors

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It is so obvious.People should be insulted.
edit on 23-11-2011 by theovermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillon123

They can choose them only if we leth them. Are people really that incapable of thinking for themselves. Some yes. But when one can see what is going on and go along with it. WTF

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I am not surprised at all thats what our Canadian media did in our election in May they always released these little polls that showed who was gaining and guess who won? Harper did win in the end just like the polls stated they he would.
The Mainstream media it isnt there job of Choosing a prime misnter or the newt President if this how they would always do it this then a bit more like a dictatorship.

The mainstream media can only report the news or events that is happening but they and there reporters shouldnt been given the power to act as spies or decision makers in the election.

Because then that isnt an election in my view, but i still view elections unimportant and our votes never really matter because the elites always know to pick.

Just look at Italy or greece just a few weeks back no need for elections.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ever since Ronnie Ray Gun this has been true.

Bush Sr. - Mr. Rogers type neighbor.

Clinton - Cool sax gigolo get the youth

Bush Jr - Rad cowboy tough guy

Obama - Shaft

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with pointing out a person past or what they are saying on the trail. Its what they are supposed to do. Inform the public who these people are and what they are doing and what they have done. If they did not do that they would be useless as Donald Trump and his Miss USA pageant. We all know they are dumb as a box of rocks but thats not what there votes are for.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I dont have links or video's, but about an hour ago on Bill Oreilly, I know before you say it, Faux News,
Oreilly and another guy, cant think of his name cause I dont care for him but hes on there every night,
were talking about how Ron Paul had won the Iowa Staw Poll and how he made the most sense last night when he said to bring the troops home and to seal the border, if we never have had or will ever have a plan to win the wars. They said that if we never win, then the wars were pointless.

These are their words and I thought Id share what I heard. They were halfheartedly saying this stuff so I really couldn't tell if they really liked his ideas or not, but at least they brought up Ron's ideas and the strawpoll. Anyone else see it?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You mean people are seeing politicians do stupid things and HOLDING THEM ACCOUNTABLE? What is this country coming to?!
edit on 23-11-2011 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I did not see it but appreciate your account of what you saw. So you're saying O'reilly managed to have Ron Paul pop up as a topic and did not blatantly bash him? Well this will need to be seen for sure. I'm sure it will pop up on YouTube sooner than later.

This will be random but Mitt Romney is like a snow cone without syrup. He holds up well, but just doesn't have any flavor, and will melt sooner than later.

And yes, Terrorism is a myth, and these "wars" are indeed 100% unwinnable. It's quite simple really. As long as we occupy another country, there will be "enemies" that will emerge in that country. I have sought out terrorists day in day out over there, all I found were human beings trying to live their lives like everyone else, with the occasional patriotic type trying to defend their own land - to which I will never blame them for doing.

Ron Paul speaks my opinion on the stance of war, foreign affairs and national security better than anyone else has thus far, and naturally he has gotten our military's support financially speaking more than any other candidate combined which speaks volumes. Huntsman has represented my view decently as well. Newt just stinks.

Is the media trying to choose our next president for us, or are they setting up bowling pins to knock down before the next election? It's really not clear, but one thing is for certain - The people's opinion, and the media's opinion are not at all the same and that is quite disturbing. I'm just sorry I have only recently started to realize this.

By the way, last night when Cain called Wolf Blitzer "Blitz" - No one would have even mentioned it if it weren't for the fact that he paused to apologize and correct himself. Cain knows he has and will continue to make mistakes and this is his downfall. If he would just go with his gut instinct, I bet he'd catch a lot less flak than he has...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

The media doesn't report the news, they carefully select information and propaganda which suits their agenda.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Romney will not get the nomination, Ron Paul will win his numbers are steadily rising.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

The media doesn't report the news, they carefully select information and propaganda which suits their agenda.

The Alyona Show on RT goes some way to redressing the media in a not too deep way , I love the back ground noises while she is on air .........doors shutting , laughter from staff elsewhere in the building , the BBC would not be so chilled and laid back about stuff like that, way too snooty

edit on 24-11-2011 by Droidinvoid because: Post contained no answer.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
It is so obvious.People should be insulted.

People are too dumb to be insulted. They don't even know they are being insulted so they go on about their day as if nothing is happening.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Duh.

Media coverage of the clowns in DC is, and has been for 30+ years I can attest to, a soap opera / horse race drama mix. .. that is mostly fake if not scripted.

Every election cycle... "and they're off!!.. giant douche in the lead, but here comes turd sandwich on the outside... followed by some fake establishment turd, and some other retched pusillanimous cretin!!"

...oh boy, this poll says this, that poll, OMG.. says that, meanwhile.. this other guy pulled out his wiener in front of a hooker, now 50lbs heavier crying make up tears on CNN, 22 years ago while his pregnant wife ravage with cancer struggled to keep the american dream alive. Via an official statement from some other guy, read on TV by some stern face a stranger.. other guy vehemently denies knowing that woman.. any jizzum found on her clothes is attack politics at its worst.

Every election.. the same old nonsense and low budget drama, only the names change.. and not that often.

You are free to have foreign policy dictated to you.. while the 2 party police state war mongers belch fake promises of "change you can believe in" during the made for TV entertainment so called "elections"... a fat nipple for sheep pacification.

Nothing ever changes. The media doesn't really "choose" the next guy who calls himself president.. they more or less inform you of who its going to be, after making it look like a dramatic open and close race.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think everyone realized this during the Dubya vs Gore showdown. At least I hope they did. Pretty evident to me. BTW I still got Al Gore tee shirts, hats, bumper stickers, buttons, coffee mugs, refrigerator magnets, ink pens, bobblehead dolls, window decals, banners, flags, bookmarks, and beer coozies if anyone is interested.....yea MSM is our shiny crystal ball.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I saw this happen last week after the debate. Gingrich made a comment on immigration, that illegal aliens that were here say, 25 years with an extended family here now, should probably be allowed to stay, since they were now part of our society. It did strike me as odd coming from Gingrich, but the sentiment was a fair belief (to me). Not one minute after the debate that was all the media latched on to, mentioning in one sentence that Gingrich seemed to be the front runner this week, but may have ruined his chances by this comment.

I really had to laugh at the media deciding right there how we were all supposed to feel about this.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Let us not forget that there is a write in option.

Ron Paul - Country First .. be Vigilant!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

SEEMS TO ME it is the owners of the media . . . the 30 families . . .

kind of like the 30 families that own the banks.

The BOSSES make such decisions.

. . . following orders from hell, of course.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
Obama - Shaft

Shaft was awesome and could get things done. Obama is the anti-Shaft. Now, back on topic. I thought this was clear though? Since I can remember, those candidates with cash could buy air time. Those strapped for cash (Ron Paul 2007) was screwed over royally.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

no sir, it will be Ron.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join