It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are You Grateful For? Happy Thanksgiving!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Going in to this holiday season, I see many people around me struggling and dreading the next couple of months. Money is tight (and worthless), food prices are high, gas is expensive and the price of everything else is high as well. With unemployment rates being as they are, it is pretty clear that this holiday season are going to be tough for many of us.

Honestly, things are tight for me as well. I have a good job that allows my wife to stay home raising our kids, but it gets very tight from time to time and these holidays will not be a fun time. Financially speaking, that is.

In tough times I have to reassure myself that we always manage to get through the rough spots, stay positive and I have people around me that make me a better person, father and husband.

So I would like to use the Thanksgiving holiday as an opportunity to be thankful for all that is right, when I spend too much time looking at what's wrong. I think it would be therapeutic for everyone to forget about the doom and gloom for a moment and be thankful for the good things.

I am thankful for family and friends.

I am thankful for a job and that I work for some great people.

I am thankful that I have food on the table and a house to call my own.

I am thankful for ATS and the environment it provides to freely express my ideas and opinions, even though I can't get everyone to agree with me.

and I am thankful for those that DO disagree with me. You force me to be on top of my game and I believe an honest debate is not possible without differing opinions.

So what are you thankful for? What motivates you and brings your spirits up?

Happy Thanksgiving and have some fun during this holiday season!
edit on 23-11-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I AM THANKFUL TO BE

i think people get too caught up in what they are grateful for to be thankful for the ability to even be thankful.

i am thankful that i am alive in these days. what a blessing it is to be in these times!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Finally a great refreshing message! Me too Yes I am so thankful! Our family has so much to be thankful for. I made mistakes along the way financially, but was thrifty enough to purchase a small form, stock up on supplies.. and I can help my family and friends as the needs arise...

Further, I am thankful that I am disabled.. (now really just read this) The company I worked for in Insurance shut down.. there are no jobs anyway.. we had just moved to the country. then I had health problems which allows me to draw disability payments. (I WILL NEVER SEE SOCIAL SECURITY AS ITS A PONZI SCAM ANYWAY)
So we can streach our budget and afford to live on the farm, can food, grow a garden.. yes my life is full of exactly what I wanted.. To get out of the city...

I am thankful that I can see people in a different way.. I am not as judgemental, live and let live.. every person is special and is struggling just like you...SO HAPPY THANKSGIVING count your blessings and not your misfortunes! Happiness is all how you handle your life problems..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am grateful that my seeds are growing up as healthy and intelligent as they can
I am grateful to have their LOVE and the LOVE of my immediate and extended family
I am grateful the LORD has made me strong enough to deal with the financial hardships I tend to encounter from time to time, why at the same time making me more aware that money isnt everything even if it can almost buy anything
I am grateful that there are some on/off
PLANET EARTH who care about the inhabitants of Earth both above and below and the animal life and want to see us progress instead of destroy-thats a tricky 1 based off of personal experiences
I am grateful to be here on Earth in 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well OP

NAMASTE*******

edit on 11/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Umm, wasn't thanksgiving last month?

haha.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
Umm, wasn't thanksgiving last month?

haha.

Well it does have a secret down side but atleast the positive energy is shared between family who havent seen family in a while which = LOVE so its a win in today times.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm Canadian....our Thanksgiving sucks!!

first Sunday of October.....we get only one day off!?

I'll give it to you Americans.....you do this one right!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

At a luncheon at work the other day, we were all gathering around the tables.
My boss came to the middle of the room and asked if he could say a few words.
He said, "When you're sitting around the table during Thanksgiving, remember this one thing. You are responsible. You are responsible for your own happiness. Don't let anyone ever take away the freedom that each one of you has, to make yourself and your loved ones as happy and as successful as you want to be."

We then said a prayer and chowed down.

My wish to each and every ATS member would be the same.

You are the captains of your own destiny. Only you can make yourself happy or unhappy. It just depends on how much freedom over yourself that you're willing to give up.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving folks.

beez

edit on 23-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I think we all have made some mistakes. How we get past those mistakes is what makes us who we are. Thanks for adding to the conversation!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am grateful for living in America, the greatest country in the world. I'm grateful for the opportunities that I have, and the freedoms that I have. I am thankful for having food, for never going hungry, for my children who are healthy and those that I love who are still with me. I'm appreciative and thankful of the beauty of nature that surrounds me every day. I'm grateful for my right to bear arms and for those lazy summer afternoons and evenings when I can target practice out my back yard with my Ruger mini-14 and my favorite handgun; a .357 revolver. I am thankful that I can hunt in my woods and fish in the many lakes around me. I am really thankful for chocolate.
Oh, and last but not least, I'm thankful for the friends I have made on here, on ATS. Happy Thanksgiving, ATS!
edit on 23-11-2011 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm grateful for my health, my husband, my family, and my God that keeps on
blessing me and taking care of me.

I'm grateful that we were able to buy our first home at ages 22, own are
second vehicle, go to school on scholarships, and have no credit card debt this year.

I am grateful for having another year to live and be.

Happy Thanksgiving.

God bless.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm thankful that both my Children have grown up to be two healthy, intelligent, mature and self reliant adults.

Also, I'm thankful I'm healthy and those who are dear to me are all doing well. Not to mention that I'm still around alive and kicking and not fertilizing Daisies yet.

PEACE.

edit on 23-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my ATS family! May your day be filled with laughter and love and appreciation for all that you have. HUGS!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am thankful for my beautiful, supportive wife, healthy, handsome son, good family and friends, good job, a roof over our heads, two cats, a dog, and a tank of fish.

/TOA

top topics

join