It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion Inventor Comes To Boston

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by yampa
I have yet to see you act in any way other than mindlessly pointing fingers like a zombie

Actually you are the one mindlessly pointing fingers, ignoring all the facts that show the e-cat does not work as claimed, you just blindly believe a fraudster!

People like you give skeptics a bad name. Please try to rouse yourself from your mental domestication.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
as to the fraudster tag
when cynthia mcKinny in the house asked Donald Rumspheldstiltskin how the major contractor DYNCORP could be convicted of child sex trade traficking and the US government was still doing business with them rumspheld sid "sometimes we put compamies in the penalty box...)

tax evasion and garbage dumping illegally are standard operating precedure for many

to use that tactic to disqualify the invention is rather NON scientific

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
there is some debate about the fraudster tag

8. An annoying invention

The sudden policy reversal of regulatory authorities, forbidding a previously explicitly accepted and even taxed activity, brought both the Omar and the Petroldragon plants to confront — at same time and by strange coincidence — an unexpected opposition. A politically organized public opinion campaign developed, singling out Rossi as an environment polluter and tax evader.

Environmental organizations rose up against "the polluter" Rossi and a smear campaign was initiated in order to destroy the man, the companies and all the work done so far.

By now, Rossi was a major player in the field of petroleum products, thanks to his work and research conducted in the Omar and Petroldragon plants. Thinking about it in hindsight, one cannot avoid noticing the time coincidence between the war against Rossi and the clear decision on the part of leading crime organizations to enter the business of waste management in order to gain a monopoly.

newenergytimes.com...

we all know what happens when you challenge the petro monoplolists and the weapons grade nuclear power industry
edit on 2-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Thermoelectric generators, including Peltier, are absolutely common place and mass-produced. For God's sake, this is 19th century technology. Don't even try to make it look like it's high tech. You can buy it off-shelf.

But not common enough for you to recognise when others are talking about them? Even when prompted to check your mistake?

Why? OK, Rossi sends 27 units based on Peltier effect, to the Army to do testing. 19 fail out of the box. Others fail to achieve the benchmark by a factor of a thousand. I do recognize all of that.

Existing devices offer 5% heat to electrical power conversion. Rossi's proposal and apparently successful initial test at a university lab was for a 20% conversion. Engineering a new highly efficient material composition and putting it in a working package could take several years of R&D, easy.

It could. But Rossi clearly shipped a truckload of duds to the Army. It's beyond ridiculous. It's not 10,000 samples that can't be possibly checked manually. Just 27 units. I mean, if you send something to a potential client in the military, not only it has to work, but it has to work well. It's entirely just hilarious that Rossi would not carefully test each unit and make sure they can survive transport. I was in a similar position and God did we pay attention!

I read parts of the official report. I also noticed this: after the initial "success" with one unit, a fire destroyed the location where it was developed. Pretty convenient, huh?

If you don't think that represents cutting-edge technology, perhaps you should have a word with the Pentagon?

It's pretty clear that this represents a bunch of baloney (in this case, an alternative spelling, Bologna, would be more appropriate).

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

It could. But Rossi clearly shipped a truckload of duds to the Army. It's beyond ridiculous. It's not 10,000 samples that can't be possibly checked manually. Just 27 units. I mean, if you send something to a potential client in the military, not only it has to work, but it has to work well. It's entirely just hilarious that Rossi would not carefully test each unit and make sure they can survive transport. I was in a similar position and God did we pay attention!

That is a good point, there is no way I would send that many units which were both under-performing and largely non-functional. It would be better to send nothing. It's funny that the military report doesn't even raise this. Like 'oops, sorry, we paid this guy 200k to produce nothing'. Unfortunately, I get the idea that is the norm in military funded development. But what do they care, right? They're not paying for it, the public are.

I read parts of the official report. I also noticed this: after the initial "success" with one unit, a fire destroyed the location where it was developed. Pretty convenient, huh?

I don't think that would be particularly convenient if prototypes and data were stored exclusively on that site. I think that in fact would be very inconvenient. I've lost code and circuit layouts in a HD crash which cost me 6 months work in the past. There was nothing convenient about it.

It looks like Rossi went full time with the nickel hydrogen heat engines after this. I wonder if any of those were in the lab fire?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That is a good point, there is no way I would send that many units which were both under-performing and largely non-functional. It would be better to send nothing. It's funny that the military report doesn't even raise this. Like 'oops, sorry, we paid this guy 200k to produce nothing'. Unfortunately, I get the idea that is the norm in military funded development. But what do they care, right? They're not paying for it, the public are.

Sort of. They made a really bad call, and they would have no interest in admitting that. Also, the report as it seems was a document of technical nature.

IMHO the reason Rossi sent in a bunch of garbage because he expected just about this kind of reaction from his military counterparts. He got some seed money for R&D and happily spent it. If he didn't deliver anything, he'd be on the hook for it. If he delivered garbage, at least there was a chance to talk his way out of it, by saying "oh we have scaling problems", which again is ridiculous because this should have been apparent during manufacture and testing. It's by no accident that he picked a contractor (which I suspect was a shill) in Italy and not in the US -- just to make things far less transparent for the US funding agency.

I don't think that would be particularly convenient if prototypes and data were stored exclusively on that site. I think that in fact would be very inconvenient. I've lost code and circuit layouts in a HD crash which cost me 6 months work in the past. There was nothing convenient about it.

Well I'll hazard a guess that you are an honest worker so indeed, loss of real materials was a pain. Happened to me too, when we still used floppies and a virus on a public PC that I had to use ate a floppy. My backup was in a different country and not available via network, so I lost the benefits of my trip and presentation.

But I digress. You see, Rossi is nothing of this kind. He knew he was making baloney claims about his thermoelectric cells, and destruction of evidence suited him just fine.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree.
The whole problem with the first 'tests' is that he would not let engineers see the outlet hose, so it could have been making hot water instead of steam (the difference being 8 times more energy) and since the generator was running the whole time, well, it's not even a test, is it?
His track record is hardly angelic, either

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by burntheships
and I hope the guy doesn't mysteriously vanish at the last minute.

He may do just that, once the money bag is full.......

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join