It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion Inventor Comes To Boston

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Care to state if you read the links in the OP?

care to answer my question?

Care to show us where exactly the links in the op name anyone from MIT or the state department!

Also why do they call Rossi a "engineer", when he does not have a engineering degree?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Care to show us where exactly the links in the op name anyone from MIT or the state department!

The OP is from the Senator of the State of Massachusetts.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You still refuse to answer my questions.... funny that!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I am not going to repeat all of the information on the last two pages for you,
if you dont want to read I cant help you with that.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

if you dont want to read I cant help you with that.

funny how you keep avoiding a simple question like the names of the people he met with!

So show us where the names of the people he met with is in this thread....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Exactly who is he meeting with MIT and what is the nature of the visit? What were the circumstances behind the invitation by Senator Bruce Tarr? Over the course of two days, what is the planned itinerary of the meeting?

I imagine much of it will be kept secret. Dont you think so?

Andrea Rossi
October 29th, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Dear Max:
The Customer is of a category that usually maintains secret all they do. I do not know if and when they will want to make public statements and I am bound to a strict non disclosure agreement.

Warm Regards,
A.R.

Andrea Rossi

October 31st, 2011 at 9:12 AM
"the person who leaded the test, an engineer of NATO ( a Colonel) who has 30 years of experience in thermopower plants and thermodynamical systems.

It is entirely possible that the Navy contracted the supervision of the tests out to a NATO Colonel on behalf of the US Navy. Additionally, it also fits that the customer was not concerned about recieving what is essentially a prototype product for further development. freeenergytruth.blogspot.com...

This is a clue...

"Cold Fusion is ready and still Alive and Kicking! U.S. Navy Researchers says"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
S&F,

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
This is a clue...

Why do you keep posting that link? Do you not understand that Rossi's reactor is an entirely different type of heat engine to the type alluded to in those articles? Where is the deuterium in Rossi's reactor?
You are only confusing matters with that type of 'support'.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Indeed.

Stupidity has no boundaries.

It's sad that "cold fusion" has become a venue of expression of same.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

You still refuse to answer my questions.... funny that!

What would you do with the names if you had them? My guess is: immediately ignore those names and go wait until you have another opportunity to doubt that real people and real events (and real discoveries) exist? I think you need to expand your repertoire.

I agree the meeting doesn't mean much. Seems like the Senator is just doing standard promotion for Massachusetts businesses.

But the theory behind the reactor stands on its own imo. There is much peer reviewed work from many fields covering the electromagnetic properties of nanoparticles. This adds independent support to many aspects of what we have seen from Rossi so far.

Not that I would expect you to understand or care about that, because your aim is to just dumbly keep shouting 'fake!' or spouting ad hominem and hoping you're right in the end.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
But the theory behind the reactor stands on its own imo. There is much peer reviewed work from many fields covering the electromagnetic properties of nanoparticles.

Please provide materials and/or links on the role of nanoparticles in Rossi's experiemtns. And please, cover the "electromagnetic properties" related to same. Will ya?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

This is a clue...

Why do you keep posting that link? Do you not understand that Rossi's reactor is an entirely different type of heat engine to the type alluded to in those articles? Where is the deuterium in Rossi's reactor?
You are only confusing matters with that type of 'support'.

The issue is not the "fuel" (deuterium, nichel or hidrogen), the issue is the LENR procedure. A new state of the "nucleii tramutation".

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
I cant believe that this isnt in main stream news.
You would think this is probably one of the most important moments in human history!, the day we broke the fossil fuel cycle!

There has been no successful test. Rossi claims success, there is no evidence of success, no independent neutral, respected 3rd party that can verify it. All his claims of proof being forthcoming have been just that, claims, with deadlines passing and new claims being made. When proof is shown it's a day to remember, I don't think it happens.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by ANNED

Two days of meetings with government officials and representatives of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Massachusetts and Northeastern University.

Is this just a huge waste of Government time, and resources, and tax payer money?
Just a private circus?

edit on 23-11-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

I'm from Massachusetts, lived in Beverly for over 30 years, circus, and wasting tax payers money (they don't call it Taxachusetts for nothing) adequately describes the state.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

There has been no true test.
There have been two short controlled demonstrations under the control of the "inventor"

A true test would be a 24 hour test under load with no external connections other then the dummy load(test load)
And this is only the first test.

Hmmm....this was Rossi's answer to someone else....

Andrea Rossi’s reply to Brian Josephson

Dear Professor Josephson,
I do understand your concerns, but as I already explained, I am not going to give any other demonstration of the E-Cat because at this point it wouldn’t make any sense: we already got industrial manufacturing underway and the E-Cat is a ready product for the market. Our customers will buy a working device; if it didn’t work, they wouldn’t buy it. Besides, I’m in such a busy and demanding stage that, even if I wanted, I wouldn’t have the time to arrange any test.
ecatnews.com...

So the man has time to spend two days in Massachusetts, but has no time for a test with a neutral 3rd party to evaluate the product? I wonder why anyone ever buys into a scam, as Mr. Rossi explains if it didn't work no one would buy it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The issue is not the "fuel" (deuterium, nichel or hidrogen), the issue is the LENR procedure. A new state of the "nucleii tramutation".

No one has any idea what the nucleons are doing in either of these experiments. LENR is just a tag. It's pretty silly to be conflating completely different procedures just because the uninformed/journalists need a tag to stick on everything. And every time you link to system which doesn't use the same mechanism, you assist in making people even less informed.

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Please provide materials and/or links on the role of nanoparticles in Rossi's experiemtns. And please, cover the "electromagnetic properties" related to same. Will ya?

You are criticising this man's work, but you have not bothered to pay the first bit of attention to how it works? Nickel nanoparticles function as the primary 'electrode' in this system. Nanoparticles are supposedly the reason it works.
This has been mentioned pretty much every time anyone has said anything technical about the machine? Not sure how you missed it.

A speculative rendering of the reactor core from a documentary about Rossi (which features academics, engineers and business people stating their observations on Rossi's machine):

Pretty simple. Pretty easy to infer what is going on here. It's actually quite amazing that Rossi has allowed people to see this much - do you think this is the norm in current high tech commercial research and development?

The US government spent $100 billion + on SDI weapons, produced nothing, not even any evidence of anything. And that type of desperately inefficient, rouge R&D is the rule, not the exception, in high tech American industry. And all of that waste is paid for by the US taxpayer. But Rossi is the secretive conman, despite spelling out almost everything explicitly in public?

If you want to understand about the electromagnetic properties of nanoparticles, then you should go and search for it. Because the evidence is replete in many areas of cutting edge materials research.

scholar.google.com...
Search terms I would suggest:

nanoparticle induction heating
nanoparticle photon
nanoparticle plasmon resonance
nanoparticle hyperthermic heating
nanoparticle radio frequency
nanoparticle infra red
nanoparticle memory device

My favourite evidence is the fact that some biologist was so inspired by this electromagnetic phenomena that he wrote a little poem about it on his blog:

"Nanoparticles are nanoparticles,
radio waves are radio waves,
whenever the twain meet,
they shall produce heat."

I don't need confirmation of the potential effects of nanoparticle heating, because it's now glaringly obvious, but if you want to look at something re: energy generation via EM induction, then this guy called Brian Ahern has been doing the rounds on the LENR blogs this week. I'm not vouching for him, no idea who he is.

nextbigfuture.com...

"Brian Ahern received his PhD in material science from MIT, holds 26 patents and was a senior scientist for 17 years in research and development at USAF Rome Lab at Hanscom Air Force Base. Ahern was the U.S. Air Force’s expert on nano-materials. Ahern has discovered the LENR phenomenon is occurring on the nanoscale and involves a formerly misunderstood and rarely explored attribute of nano-magnetism."

"Ahern states ” In 1995 we made a major and fundamental discovery regarding nano-material properties. This almost completely unknown to most technologists. All materials processed within certain tolerances experience very different vibrational modes than all other aggregations of matter."

Unknown to most technologists.. apparently this includes you, great Buddha.

For you fake skeptics heckling about Rossi not submitting to peer review. I think you miss the point. Why aren't you asking your own representatives to be independently investigating nanoparticle electromagnetic phenomena?

edit on 25-11-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Rossi's approach is simple and correct:

"You all can argue about it working or not..... I'm out selling it"

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

It's not ad hominem wen it is relevant. When someone is convicted of fraud it is not ad hominem to argue against them selling something based on past fraud. No one is saying his device doesn't work because he's a lousy father.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areyoupeopleinsane
Rossi's approach is simple and correct:

"You all can argue about it working or not..... I'm out selling it"

The problem is he has been convicted of fraud, and his approach is the preferred approach of the con-artist. This does not mean he can not have succeeded, but it means I'm going to laugh at you when you buy something from a man convicted of fraud without verifying it works.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

The problem is he has been convicted of fraud,

Care to back up your claim with proof, as in just not your skew on the facts?
edit on 27-11-2011 by burntheships because: format

edit on 27-11-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Sure, he has been convicted of what I believe to be two seperate fraudulent actions.

1. There was a conspiracy to commit tax fraud involving the import of Gold. From what I gather you can buy gold in Switzerland without paying tax. Importing it to Italy without declaring it and paying tax is fraud. He was convicted and jailed.

2. He created a method of turning garbage into oil. He classified the toxic waste as secondary raw materials and disposed of hazardous materials in an unsafe method. He was sanctioned for some of this. He was also not found guilty for all of it. Not guilty is not the same as innocent.

There may be more that is all I am aware of though. Do we need more?

There's a discussion I found here.
theeestory.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join