It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Macy's Thanksgiving Parade?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Bollocks. The parade is sponsored by a corporation, hence it is advertising. It has nothing to do with the children. Macy's doesn't care about the children unless their parents are spending money at Macy's.

The whole BS "It's for the children" argument is exactly that, BS. As the poster above just said, the OWS is fighting for a better world for the children to live in. They can do quite well without some idiotic parade that only is there to advertise for a corporation.

Perry injected(or wanted to, don't remember the details but it makes no difference) bunches of children with drugs they don't need. "No child left behind" was done "for the children". I could go on and on but it's all rubbish. For the children is a huge joke, a political ploy that doesn't fly with me as I can see beyond it. It's a emotional argument(NOT logical), meant to make me feel a certain amount of guilt because I'm not "for the children". And that, folks, is a load of BS. A huge, steaming pile of it.

I don't have children, for the reason that I know, for a fact, that I would be a crappy father. I did what is right "for the children" by NOT having any, so don't give me this bullcrap about how they need a parade to make their childhood complete.Don't try and lay ridiculous guilt on me with tripe like this.

I'd like a better world for all of us, children included. Not some stinking parade that is only there as advertising for a worthless corporation.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

You are certainly entitled to your opinion....and you and I can (agree to disagree) about children enjoying a parade.

As for me trying to make you feel guilty...that is not my intent....I really think you do that well enough on your own.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because an event is sponsored the sponsors are all heartless and kids can't enjoy it?

Things that are sponsored that my kids and I enjoy include
1. Parades
2. Sports
3. Our local Strawberry Festival
4. Marathons, Turkey Trot, Race for the Cure, etc...

I could go on....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Nah, I can't see them interfering with the parade...Maybe one or two idiots, but they get arrested and the show goes on.

I honestly don't want anyone interrupting the parade. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.

Hope every one has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

edit on 23-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm not Catholic so not full of guilt(sorry to the Catholics, I just had to go there), but your argument IS supposed to make me feel guilty. I don't support a parade so therefore I am against the children and want to take their childhood away.

Again, bollocks. Rubbish. Garbage. BS. Macy's can take their bloody parade and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. No one NEEDS it and it only serves as advertising for Macy's. I say to hell with the corporations running our lives AND their propaganda - parades included.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

If a corporation is sponsoring it then yes, it IS heartless. They only do things for advertisement purposes, to try and tell us how much good they are doing while raping us at the checkout stand. They do it so they can make more money, that's all they do it for. No more, no less.

The corporation does not care about you, us, anything of that sort. They only care about money and they will do anything they can to get as much of it from you as they possibly can, includingthe types of events you listed.

Geez, am I the only one who understands propaganda around here? I thought this was ATS, you know, Deny Ignorance and all that?

For the record, I love team sports but will NOT give my money to the MLB, NBA, NFL nor NHL. Ever. As can be seen right now(billionaire NBA owners fighting for more money with millionaire players) they don't need my money. They already have more than God but it's not enough, they need more. Who cares if there are games or not let's just get all the money we can out of everything. Parking, $8 beers at games, outrageous ticket prices, etc. Screw them, I'll watch the games at home AND skip the commercials while I'm at it so the fraks who are paying for it don't get squat from me.

You have the right to think corporations are doing their "charity" events to help humanity. I know better and will never agree.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I disagree that "no one needs it" ... without festivities, celebrations of just being alive ... what's the point? All one really NEEDS in food, water and shelter. If you live by that standard I can't figure out why you have a computer...

By the way, being catholic has nothing to do with my opinion...I'm an atheist.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Talking about getting my paranoia up
So we have a post on the ows form about OCing the parade. Hypothetically "what if" the so called masked instigators "undercover cops" start to heat things up?

IMHO ocw need to just let this one go, after all its the giving season.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why does the corporation have to do it? Why can't it not just be done by regular people?

The Catholic remark was not aimed at you. Don't know why you decided to pull that out as it has nothing to do with what I am saying to you. Not her, as she's the one who pulled out the children card. Trying to make me feel guilty for taking away their childhood is absolute rubbish.

Go ahead and enjoy your corporate sponsored parade. I surely will not watch, as I have never watched it before and am surely not going to start now. Enjoy your fascist state(that IS what we live in now) with your corporate parade. As they obviously cannot ever do wrong in your eyes, then go ahead and have a great time. I choose to NOT support things like this, blatant corporate propaganda.

One last point. Yes, I use a computer, made by a corporation. I cannot get out from the corporate hold they have over us. Do I like it? No. Do I have the answers on how to fix it? No, not really at all. Other than bringing them all down there is no way for the human species to get out from under what Noam Chomsky said is "The most tyrannical idea man has ever come up with". That may not be a exact quote but it's close enough. Go look up the Evidence of Revision documentaries and you'll find that quote in there, I think at the end of part 5 but there are 12 hours in the thing so I may be wrong.

I never stated that I have the answers so don't go presuming I do. Just because I can see blatant propaganda and outright lies from our corporate overlords doesn't mean I have any idea how to fix this totally and completely broken system.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Why does the corporation have to do it? Why can't it not just be done by regular people?

"Hey Mike, can I borrow your 100ft inflatable Shrek?"
"Sorry, I just lent it to Jimmy, how about my 85ft Spongebob?
"Great! Thanks, neighbor! Now, where did I put that helium..."

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Parades in general are pretty stupid and this one is the stupidest of them all. I've never cared about some stupid balloons promoting cartoon characters so go ahead and occupy the hell out of this. Occupy Macy's in the process as they are the ones who put this crap on.

I don't need no stinking parade.

Typical mentality of the movement , as long as OWS is ok with it, its fine, but if its something that they dont like, it should be done away with........apparently only OWS has the right to things they want and enjoy.....

ME ME ME ME ME

To hell with what anyone else thinks..........

edit on 23-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If OWS is a legitimate movement (which i strongly doubt) then I say they should go for it.

Either way, if anything big goes down, it will just be further excuse for fascism and martial law.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Go look at their site, I can't link it (T&C's) but I think most people know it by now and look at the event they have planned for Thanksgiving. It's a feast open to all at Zucotti Park.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Go look at their site, I can't link it (T&C's) but I think most people know it by now and look at the event they have planned for Thanksgiving. It's a feast open to all at Zucotti Park.

I wasnt referring to their plans for their own feast.........

I was referring to a posters comments about being a supporter, he didnt like the parade so everyone else should be deprived of it

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

While the SpongeBob Squarepants float IS part of the 1% and deserves it (shakes fist at SpongeBob),
The Smurf float and the Dora The Explorer floats both support OWS.

So it'd be a conflict of interest and shouldn't be done.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously?

Occupy a fracking parade?

Whats next? Occupy Santa's Workshop?

Occupy is getting more pathetic than even I thought possible!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
THIS HAS TO END NOW!!

OMG my mother-in-law will be even more unbearable
then she already is if they f- up the parade
We will not hear the end of it!!!!

SHE LOOOOOOOOVES THAT PARADE!!
THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO BE STOPPED!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine! We get it. You don't like stuff. It's amusing when you reference being raped at the cash register when, in reality, if every retail corporation and mass production warehouse disappeared tomorrow, and we were left with only indepenently run stores selling limited run merchandise, the prices would be so much more highly inflated.

Look, I'm not a fan of the parade, but only because I think it's boring. My daughter, however, ejoys it. If you find harm in a Thanksgiving Day parade, you might be a bit in need of psychiatric help.

Oh, also a MLB season ticket holder, so I am part of your percieved problem. It's not, really.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There is no OWS where I live. I am on the fence regarding OWS. Nice assumptions, though.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Again, nice assumption. So because I'm sick of corporate rule in this country I need psychiatric help. I am very sane, thank you very much.

Go ahead and spend YOUR money on baseball games, I will not. That is MY choice, not yours. I never said ANYONE who buys baseball tickets is part of the problem, you inferred that. You make your choice, I make mine. I guess, if being insane means I don't like living in a fascist country, then I'm all for insanity.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Occupy SLC is planning a small "thank you" march from Sage restaurant, where they will be preparing food for members of the movement and the homeless, to Gallivan Plaza, where they will be serving anyone that is without food or family the rest of the afternoon. I just bought and donated three turkeys and a bunch of veggies. We decided, in the last general assembly, to lay off the heaviness and actually give thanks for the remaining freedoms we do enjoy. But back to the protesting on Black Friday!!!

Incidentally, why are people allowed to camp for the Black Friday event, but are not allowed to for Occupy? I'm just wondering....class warfare just ain't fair!
edit on 23-11-2011 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join