It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could current world leaders become the next "Ancient Aliens"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Greetings all! As I drink coffee trying to get motivated to start Thanksgiving prep work I'm watching a marathon of "Ancient Aliens". I enjoy the show, but don't always agree with the theories presented there.

Many times my husband and I have discussed the theory that mankind has been just as advanced as it is now, but some cataclysm occurred that caused mankind into starting over. What if that were true?

I believe most of us have at least heard rumors of secret underground bunkers built for TPTB in case of a SHTF scenario. What if in our ancient past this was also the case?
How many times have we heard stories of UFOs coming from underwater or out of mountains? Could these be the descendants of TPTB from thousands of years ago? I wonder if that could be the case.

If in ancient times TPTB took their technology and went underground for many generations they would surface periodically to check things out. The survivors above ground will have been forced to "go native" in order to live, and previous knowledge would go by the wayside in the struggle to survive- eventually being forgotten completely over a relatively short period of time. When these "natives" saw these emerging people and their technologies it's not a far stretch to imagine that they were perceived as "gods" or "aliens". And if these visiting "gods" helped the "natives" build civilization again wouldn't that explain some of the theories put forth by "Ancient Aliens"? Wouldn't it also explain a lot of the UFO phenomenon in general?

And what about our current leaders? If TSHTF and they go into their underground bunkers with their best technology and their descendants emerge many generations in the future will they be perceived as "gods"? Are they the "Ancient Aliens" of the future?

I don't claim to have all the answers; just something I was thinking that I thought I'd throw out there for contemplation and amusement.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
And what about our current leaders? If TSHTF and they go into their underground bunkers with their best technology and their descendants emerge many generations in the future will they be perceived as "gods"? Are they the "Ancient Aliens" of the future?

NO , and there is no gaurantee that this time the WAR wont cause their underground homes to be pulled out of Earth or cut with high techs turning their bunkers into Ant FARM like habitats smh @ farms. So no the ancient aliens are just that, those who are in controll of EA* now may be due to be replaced as caretakers of the herd for going greedy with data/information to assist in herd genetic progression. I think current world leaders need to be in deep question of their spirits AND THE ONES WHO KNOW WHAT IS REALLY THE KNOW ARE IN DEEP FEAR OF JUDGMENT UPON THEM FOR THEIR DEEDS

Originally posted by littled16
I don't claim to have all the answers; just something I was thinking that I thought I'd throw out there for contemplation and amusement.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

I understand and have a nice holiday..

edit on 11/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Personally, I see merit and plausibility in this line of thinking. But those skeptical of this kind of theory have a solid point against it. We don't have any hard evidence thus far supporting an ancient civilization equal to, or greater than our own.

Or do we?
edit on 11/23/2011 by Klassified because: add

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Interesting thought but highly unlikely however I do support the idea of a cataclysm that has destroyed Mankind, even those far more intelligent and modern than us today and I believe it has happened at least 3 times. We are the 4th. I can't prove it beyond a doubt but ther has been some fascinating finds in archaelogical digs carbon dated more than 10,000 years old and as modern as we have today. These includes medical instruments, watches, cameras etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It seems likely to me.I actually am close to the conclusion that TPTB are immortal through genetic science and they maintain control through the ages by withholding/drip feeding technology and knowledge.
edit on 23-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

We do have proof of ancient civilizations equal to, or greater than, our own. Read Graham Hancock's "Fingerprints of The Gods", along with many other books about forbidden archaeology to get a sense that we are only standing on the shoulders of giants and we're really not all that, after all.

If our civilization were to suffer a world-wide cataclysm of flooding, massive tectonic shifting and destruction, what of our civilization would survive? Most large cities are built next to large bodies of water,and I'll bet it was this way in the past as well. I tend to believe that the greatest archaeological finds will be made deep in the ocean. But I digress....what do you imagine would survive over the millenia? Our cheap plastic garbage from china? Our rusted-out cars? There's a field down the road from me with trucks from the 30s and 40s, and there's only a rusted body left. Our delicate electronics? These things tend to disintegrate rapidly in the moist earth.

What does remain from long ago are the megalithic structures of such precision and weight that we cannot reproduce these buildings today.

In the Book of Ecclesiastes, King Solomon laments that "there is nothing new under the sun". How right he was.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I have thought this for a long time, after countless hours of researching various angles on the subject. I truly beleive this is what has happened and it was not ancient aliens. I have come to the conclusion that enoch wasn't flown to another planet for his education by the "gods". He was to to a mountainous northern region that would have appeared to be an alien landscape after living in the desert for so long. This would also explain the underground facilities mentioned in the ancient alien serious. I beleive a 6'5" pale skinned white man with a long beard and flying an aircraft would appear alien or godlike to a bunch of uncivilized 5'5" desert survivalist who would be amazed by not much more than fire.
Then when the desert dummy attempt to record the event he has to do it in only term he would understand. Terms than may be misleading to future generations 100s of years down the road.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sure I agree, we like to pretend (at least Scientists do) that our ancestors were idiots incapable of creating any type of technology. Maybe they were just as advanced as us but on the same note, don't you think by now we would have found that technology? Or, maybe we did and it's being hidden for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
Sure I agree, we like to pretend (at least Scientists do) that our ancestors were idiots incapable of creating any type of technology. Maybe they were just as advanced as us but on the same note, don't you think by now we would have found that technology? Or, maybe we did and it's being hidden for whatever reason.

Which scientists are these? We have ample evidence of our ancient ancestors creating technology, language, fire, spears, rope, textiles, pottery metallurgy. etc

Hidden by who and for what purpose - its hard to hide a civilization - here is a challenge what would have been needed to hide the Sumerian, Minoan or Harappa civilizations?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Which scientists are these? We have ample evidence of our ancient ancestors creating technology, language, fire, spears, rope, textiles, pottery metallurgy. etc

Hidden by who and for what purpose - its hard to hide a civilization - here is a challenge what would have been needed to hide the Sumerian, Minoan or Harappa civilizations?

I'm referring to the technology we currently have. I'm not saying they were hiding civilizations, but rather they could be hiding the technology that they have discovered.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Personally, I see merit and plausibility in this line of thinking. But those skeptical of this kind of theory have a solid point against it. We don't have any hard evidence thus far supporting an ancient civilization equal to, or greater than our own.

Or do we?
edit on 11/23/2011 by Klassified because: add
... As it could be...
That maybe Jesus was an "Ancient Alien" t

... since there is no 'TANGIBLE PR
F of
... Show me the 'Ancient Manna Machine' g
dies
... or was it just a
... walking on a... Sandbar

... & Saint Peter only knows where they are
... Butt lucky Buddha Quotes for U
... Money is Ur Baseline Reality Of The Real

"It is better to conquer yourself
Than to win a thousand battles.
Then the victory is yours.
It cannot be taken from you,
Not by angels or by demons,
Heaven, or hell"(Reptilians,
or Gray aliens, not even
the Mantis)... X-ULTRA/BONUS/FO^OTAGE... Happy what came first?/?;
The turkey... Or the anciant dromaeosaurus reptile...

edit on 23-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Forgot the candied (AY)ams...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Howdy

I'm referring to the technology we currently have. I'm not saying they were hiding civilizations, but rather they could be hiding the technology that they have discovered.

Besides zero evidence of such technology existing ---- it is somewhat difficult to hide the technology without hiding the civilization. Image your house was buried by a volcanic eruption like Pompeii; your entire house is filled with technology....imagine also that you have the job to hide a modern civilization - leaving the civilization but hiding its technology - how do you do that? It would be easier in Nepal, tough in Lebanon and murderous difficult in Japan, North America or Sweden

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You won't get any argument from me. I agree with you. Which is why I ended with "Or do we?"

My point was that the mainstream of science doesn't recognize as valid the interpretation of history from the likes of Graham Hancock. Hence, "we have no hard evidence to support such fantastical theories."

I agree there is probably much under the ocean, and under ice, that we have yet to find. The problem is, will we ever really know when these finds are made? Or will they be covered up as much as possible, and the waters muddied on what does leak out?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the great replies! I thought it was an interesting concept and I'm happy to see that others have contemplated this also!

Like I said, I don't have all the answers, but I'm a firm believer in the old adage "history repeats itself". And although there is no rock solid proof, it can also be said that until a few hundred years ago there wasn't any rock solid proof that the world is round either!

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, and may you all have a safe and joyous one! I myself am off to bake some pies!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

... Did U also know or just forgot... about the 'Ancient Anasazi'
... who in the 'Top Secret Bin'
... are records of a 'Predator From Out Of This World'
... just before 'they' disappeared

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Howdy

Besides zero evidence of such technology existing ---- it is somewhat difficult to hide the technology without hiding the civilization. Image your house was buried by a volcanic eruption like Pompeii; your entire house is filled with technology....imagine also that you have the job to hide a modern civilization - leaving the civilization but hiding its technology - how do you do that? It would be easier in Nepal, tough in Lebanon and murderous difficult in Japan, North America or Sweden

How do you figure it would be difficult to hide the technology without hiding the civilization itself. I'm not saying they discovered the technology recently, try thinking about the past and how shady some of the archeology was, especially if it was funded by the church. What exactly do you think is in the Vaticans library? The scientists/archeologists create the story and who are we to question it? We have recently discovered that the Great Pyramids of Egypt were not built by slaves as others have thought this whole time.

top topics

join