It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY plans massive underground park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I didn't see that this had been posted yet, but if it has, my apologies and please remove, mods.

I found this to be completely fascinating. A possible tribute to the hollow Earth as well as our future living quarters?
newyork.cbslocal.com...

But, how about beautiful spaces with natural sunlight, grass, trees and remarkably good-looking people relaxing in a park-like setting? Well, that’s exactly what pops into the heads of architect James Ramsey and his partner Dan Barasch. The pair want to turn the rundown, graffiti-covered trolley terminal under Delancey Street into an underground park, reports CBS 2′s Don Dahler.

It’s part historical rediscovery of an amazing space; it’s part science-fiction. And I think it’s part just sort of a green, magical community renewal,” Ramsey said.

“This is a space that could be used on a day like this that’s rainy and cold and grey. And it could be used in winter and it could be used when it’s freezing outside,” Barasch added.

The name Dan Barash caught my attention, too. Dan Burisch was once interviewed by Project Camelot and speaks about meeting an alien held captive by the government. He says that he started to feel compassion for it and eventually helped it to escape. I realize the name may just be a coincidence, but I still couldn't help making the connection for you all to determine the significance for yourselves.

The last part of the article made my eyebrows raise.

The proposed park, which would be free to the public, has gotten a positive response from the city and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and although the developers aren’t sure yet how much it would cost, they’ve already started raising funds for their subterranean vision of the future.

Hmmm. Subterranean vision of the future? I also found it significant that they refer to this project earlier in the article as a "part historical rediscovery". It seems as though we're being re-introduced to a life we once lived and may be returning to shortly. I wouldn't doubt that these "parks" already exist and are inhabited by people many years ago.

Thoughts?
edit on 23-11-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2011 by Afterthought because: Forgot to add link

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I cant see this type of park being any refuge if say Nuclear war happened or we had to live below the surface for example a natural disaster like super eruption or an Asteroid hit. It would cost too much to reinforce and is not at all a stable structure. You would have to close off and reinforce tunnels, fit massive blast doors etc. I think its a vanity project for the city, nothing more.

I do believe that there are massive cities under the ground but they are in the centre of the states and deep under the bedrock.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
When I originally saw this story the first thoughts that popped into my head were similar to some of the points you make. The whole "rediscovery" part struck me as odd. Then I thought maybe we were seeing the beginning of a future that may be visiting us now as well as in the past.

What if these underground parks are only the beginning of many subterranean dwellings and in the near future we are forced to live a life underground, safe from some cataclysm which has rendered the surface of our planet uninhabitable. If ET's really are future humans returning to visit us then this is the beginning, and would explain the large eyes and grey skin that would certainly be part of our evolution due to an environment having very little or no light at all. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I agree with everything you said. This may just be designed as a taste test for us commoners. In the event of a meteor strike, the natural light will be blocked out and pumping clean air into the space would be difficult.

Yes, in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and other places where bedrock covers many miles (I'm not a geologist, so I may be wrong about the states I listed), I'm sure there are underground places such as this already.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

would explain the large eyes and grey skin that would certainly be part of our evolution due to an environment having very little or no light at all.

Thanks for adding that point.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

First, I have to say that it appears to be a different Dan Burisch than the one interviewed by the Camelot Project.

With respect to the idea of converting abandoned underground space into an all weather park, I say WOW! I think that's a great idea, especially the year-round, all weather aspect of it. Good find, S&F

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

it appears to be a different Dan Burisch

I'm sure you're correct. Here's a bit of info about the Dan in the article.

Dan oversees PopTech's corporate, media, and pro bono partnerships, helping draw diverse innovators from across sectors into the PopTech community. His background spans the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors, with prior roles at Google, UNICEF, the 9/11 Survivors' Fund, the World Affairs Council, and New York City government. Outside of PopTech, Dan is leading a project to turn an abandoned subway station into an underground community park.

poptech.org...

His resume is more than interesting.

Edit to Add: Here's a link with his photo. Certainly a different person.
www.linkedin.com...

Although it's a different person, my brain still couldn't avoid connecting the names. I didn't mean to be misleading in any way.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
After watching a bunch of videos with him in a few years back , Ive always considered Dan Burisch to be one of the most unbelievable characters ive ever seen concerning the subject of UFO's and aliens. Like all con men a good story teller but completely full of it.

edit on 23-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: changed Mis-spelled name

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You're speaking of Dan Burisch. You spelled the name of the man involved with the underground park instead.

I haven't made up my mind about the Dan Burisch interviewed by Project Camelot. He went underground shortly after and started talking all kinds of crap against Project Camelot. Shortly after this was when I also started to doubt the legitimacy of the team. Especially the way they bow to Richard C. Hoagland makes me suspicious. I've always thought of him as a disinfo agent. "Remember, Google is your friend." Bah!

So, given the circumstances behind Burisch severing ties with Project Camelot, I'm not sure if he's disinfo or not. He certainly does spin quite a tale!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Where are the ninja turtles going to live?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oh great, now the druggies and their peddlers, prostitutes will be truly "underground"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I doubt it. I bet there will be fake trees that have cameras installed. This park will have more surveillance than the grounds of the White House.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well it has been known for a decade plus that Earth and our solar system are headed into a massive dust cloud - I'd imagine that the quality of life on the ground will be greatly diminished - at least underground any air-bourne containiment would be negligible.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthStreet1

I have to log off now and get on the road, but could you post a link for that dust cloud, so I can check it out later? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The human race, can not reproduce while under ground. The need for sun light to control reproductive cycles is paramount. This is the same for space flight, the farther you get from the sun, the less likely the next generation would survive. The sun is the only reason why we exist at all on this rock, it is vital to our vary existence.

Just a small and vary useful point.

Good luck with the underground thing.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

Got any evidence to back that up?

Where is the line drawn? Is staying indoors 90% of the time considered living underground? Is there a certain distance underground that suddenly stops people from reproducing?

I just don't see any truth to that statement at all, add in a few of the known historical sites where whole societies lived underground and I have an even harder time believing it.

So if I keep a woman in my basement for years and years, she will never get pregnant? (I realize that sounded creepy but you get what I mean)

As for the OP, I think it sounds pretty cool. I don't see anything nefarious going on here, I'm almost positive the talk of "Historical rediscovery" or whatever is just in reference to the historical trolly station being re-used (rediscovered)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

www.sott.net...

is a copy of the article - was orginally from space.com years ago but now is a 404 error - "G" Cloud is what we are headed towards -

top topics

join