It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Luis Obispo Classified Ad - Weather Modification Intent by County Water Agency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Interesting .... (can I quote the ad here? Not sure ... mods do with it as you like)

Classified Ad - San Luis Obispo - Weather Modification

NOTICE OF INTENTION WEATHER MODIFICATION PROGRAM THE SANTA BARBARA COUNTY WATER AGENCY HEREBY GIVES NOTICE OF INTENTION TO CONDUCT A WEATHER MODIFICATION PROGRAM NATURE AND PURPOSE: The purpose of the project is to increase rainfall to help alleviate deficiencies of water supplies in Santa Barbara County. Clouds would be seeded by the dispersal of Silver Iodide (AgI). Two possible modes of seeding, air based and ground based, would be used. LOCATION OF PURPOSE: Project operations could be conducted during the period between November 15 and April 15, for each year, 2011-2012 through 2015-2016. Airborne seeding operations would utilize air space over Santa Barbara County, portions of San Luis Obispo County as well as the Pacific Ocean immediately west of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. Ground based seeding operations would be conducted from the Santa Ynez Mountains, the Casmalia Hills and the San Rafael Mountains. The target areas for seeding operations are the watersheds behind Cachuma and Gibraltar reservoirs on the Santa Ynez River as well as Twitchell reservoir on the Cuyama River. LICENSEE: The project would be operated and supervised by a licensed weather modification consultant. PROJECT INIFORMATION: Information on the proposed project may be reviewed at: Santa Barbara County Water Agency 620 West Foster Road Santa Maria CA 93455 (805) 739-8781 Contact: Mr. Dennis Gibbs, P.H. Senior Hydrologist November 18, 2011 6965931

Good article on weather modification arond the US/World

The weather isn't a 'natural thing' anymore.
In some cases that's good. Others ... not so good.
I'm just wondering why 'they' don't talk about that fact.
The weather channel ... TV News ... etc etc
Well .. except for the faux-man-made-global-warming-changes-the-weather folks.

edit on 11/23/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Wow, this is interesting to me for the simple fact, that I used to live in San Luis Obispo.
This must be taking place in the south county if they are doing Santa Barbra too.
Nice find

edit on 23-11-2011 by MidKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Cloud seeding has been around for a while (60+ years), and it's not exactly a secret, as evidenced here by the fact that San Luis Obisbo County is informing residents of the upcoming seeding. The cloud seeding in China prior to the Beijing Olympics -- which was an attempt to "drain" the clouds of moisture prior to reaching the Olympic sties, AND to cleaqn the air -- was also something that was talked about publicly on TV (if I remember correctly, on the Weather Channel, also).

EDIT TO ADD:
I checked 'weatherchannel.com' and found a few stories about weather seeding, so it's not like they never talk about it.:

Cloud Seeding Considered in New Mexico

China Fights Drought with Chemical Cloud-Seeding

Operational Weather Modification -- An Example?

Drought Affecting Over 60 million Chinese

edit on 11/23/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Nice.

Under the guidelines of the United States Environmental Protection Agency Clean Water Act, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and a toxic pollutant.

Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache, irritation of the mucous membranes, weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression. Chronic inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with silver compounds may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

What in the heck happened to "Natural Selection?"

If it isn't supposed to fricken rain there, then that's it. If the bankers were supposed to fail, then that's it. No bailouts.

Instead, breathe in your poison my brothers and sisters, mandated by the thieves that demand your money under the threat of incarceration. You shall do nothing. You shall accept your own rot.
edit on Wed Nov 23rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Instead, breathe in your poison....

Do you breathe in the rain?

The tiny particulates (usually silver iodide) used to "seed" clouds become enveloped in the water, and form ice, which can then (melt) into raindrops ... this makes the desired precipitation. The actual "stuff" is in the water.

If you were to breathe in that water, yeah.....would be somewhat harmful to you, because you could drown.

The total amounts of material actually emitted into the existing clouds is on the order of perhaps a bucket full.....

The most common chemicals used for cloud seeding include silver iodide and dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide) rather than salt. Liquid propane, which expands into a gas, has also been used.

Cloud seeding chemicals may be dispersed by aircraft ..... or by dispersion devices located on the ground (..... or canisters fired from anti-aircraft guns or rockets). For release by aircraft, silver iodide flares are ignited and dispersed as an aircraft flies through the inflow of a cloud. When released by devices on the ground, the fine particles are carried downwind and upwards by air currents after release.

The toxicity of silver and silver compounds (from silver iodide) was shown to be of low order in some studies. These findings likely result from the minute amounts of silver generated by cloud seeding, which are 100 times less than industry emissions into the atmosphere in many parts of the world, or individual exposure from tooth fillings.

en.wikipedia.org...

Please try to know the facts, rather than getting all worked up over nothing.

edit on Wed 23 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Right. And the air at Ground Zero was safe to breathe too.

Choose your studies wisely, my friends.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes, chronic ingestion of iodides can be bad. You know what chronic means, right?

Silver iodide is insoluble. It doesn't get into the water supply.
Silver iodide is not recognized as a toxic substance.

Section 11 - Toxicological Information

RTECS#:
CAS# 7783-96-2: VW4450000
LD50/LC50:
Not available.

Carcinogenicity:
CAS# 7783-96-2: Not listed by ACGIH, IARC, NTP, or CA Prop 65.

Epidemiology: No information found
Teratogenicity: No information found
Reproductive Effects: No information found
Mutagenicity: No information found
Neurotoxicity: No information found
Other Studies:

fscimage.fishersci.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

As noted in several threads already, these ads have been in the papers since the 1950s. This is just the first one you've noticed.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Huh?

Right. And the air at Ground Zero was safe to breathe too.

How do the many thousands of TONS of debris and dust that were the result of the collapse of the two WTC Towers in any way related to the very small amounts of material used in "cloud seeding"??

They use little airplanes, light airplanes often for this!! Single-engine and twin-engine light airplanes. These airplanes don't have a huge cargo carrying capacity. A few hundred pounds, at most....and, not even that much material is used for any given "cloud seeding" flight!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The tiny particulates (usually silver iodide) used to "seed" clouds become enveloped in the water, and form ice, which can then (melt) into raindrops ... this makes the desired precipitation. The actual "stuff" is in the water.

Not all rain drops are that big, could it be some of them evaporate on the way down causing some of the silver iodide to become airborne which would therefore leave the possibility of it being inhaled?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

......could it be some of them evaporate on the way down causing some of the silver iodide to become airborne which would therefore leave the possibility of it being inhaled?

Try this: Go up in an airplane, to a few thousand feet above the surface. Calculate the amount of air, between you, and the surface. In volume.

Then, from the airplane, spray out a few dozen pounds of material, in fine particulate form. Calculate the dilution effect, of that relatively small amount of material, compared to dozens (hundreds) of square miles of airspace....oh, wait....cubic miles of airspace!!! Can't forget to think in THREE-dimensions.....

Performance Measurements of Silver-Iodide Smoke Generators on Aircraft

Effects of Seeding Isolated Cumulus Clouds with Silver Iodide

Isolated cumulus clouds with supercooled tops were seeded from an aircraft. Either a large (20 gm), small (0.2 gm) or zero quantity of silver iodide was used, with random choice of treatment.

20 grams????!!!

In all that amount of sky, and air??

Try to gain some perspective, please.........

edit on Wed 23 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think on a yearly basis you are probably inhaling vastly more toxic chemicals from fireworks than from cloud seeding flares. And it's still basically nothing.

Everything in toxic in sufficient amounts. Everything is non-toxic in sufficiently small amounts.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I considered perspective, it was a simple yes or no question. I would have even accepted a long drawn out answer. I don't recall my question mentioning perspective though.

Your argument was that we need not worry about inhaling the silver iodide since it was mixed with the water. My question was whether or not it can separate itself from the water and become airborne. I believe since you mentioned the dilution that you also admitted that it can become airborne.

Maybe I misunderstood this statement wrong then:

One post of yours says it's in the water, the next post you claim it's in the air too but we need not worry about it. Which one is it?
edit on 23-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this heads up.
I lived in SLO and went to High School at SLOSH

edit on 23-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

My question was whether or not it can separate itself from the water and become airborne.

AND....my 'point' was.....that the teeny, tiny amounts of silver iodide used in any sort of "cloud-seeding" events is so minutely insubstantial.....as to be even less than the fart a baby makes, when ejecting talcum powder from its bum!!

Baby Fart GIF

Enjoy!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I completely understand your point and I even see your logic in it, yet you choose to ignore mine. My point was that you hinted that it comes down in the water form not airborne. Your post indicated this in my opinion.

I'm not trying to give you a difficult time here, it's just your two statements contradicted themselves and in my opinion you have not clarified. I'm leaning towards that you're subtly admitting that it becomes airborne without actually saying yes.

I know it dilutes on the way down as you pointed out, but there are still silver iodide particles floating in the air.

Regardless of the miniscule amounts, they're still floating in the air right?

Yes or no please.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What?! This is crazy talk. Chemicals could never, would never, and have never been released from any aircraft for any purpose whatsoever, including experimentation of any type - It's just not possible - Period! Please, educate yourself on how the weather works, and then once you do, prove me wrong.

And even if and when they are, they are absolutely harmless (insert random scientific analysis here)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Actually,that statement is completely untrue and easily disproved. And I think chemtrails are nonsense too. Crop dusting, cloud seeding, chemical warfare and even firefighting are all examples of chemicals being dispersed from aircraft.
edit on 23-11-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Regardless of the miniscule amounts, they're still floating in the air right?

Yes or no please.

IF you wish to "argue" that some of the silver iodide (IF that is used, and not the CO2 instead) is going to be present in the atmosphere, AFTER the fact??

Sure.....BUT.....a vast, vast, vast LARGER amount of the same, or worse, particulates ALSO exist in the atmosphere!!

The few pounds of extra, that MAY be inserted into the atmosphere from a session of "cloud seeding"??

Go launch a few fireworks on the 4th of July. YOU will put much, much, much more into the air.....AND at lower altitudes.....AND you will breathe it in.

I can go spray a can of RAID! to kill cockroaches, and as a side note.....breathe in MORE poison just from doing that, than ANY case of "cloud seeding" will ever cause!

I also build scale models, and spray paints of all sorts....been doing it for 50+ years. I'm not dead....yet. AND, I rarely use proper breathing protection. Yes, you are "supposed" to wear protection.....I never have. Yet, here I am!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

You're right. My response was meant to poke fun at the chemtrail debunkers, while they often bring facts and valuable knowledge to the table, their quest to prove that chemtrails don't exist is never ending. Weather modification does clearly exist, but they are adamant that it is limited to a small scale. My first thread at ATS was con/chemtrail related. One of the posters in this thread helped me see the light back then, and they encouraged me to carefully analyze what I was seeing as possible chemtrails and I was then able to come to a much more logical explanation as to what I was seeing. With that said, anything is possible and I still view Geo engineering as a very interesting topic that continues to incite debate. Apologies if you did not catch my sarcasm.

<<   2 >>

join