It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine driving along your 1 way each way highway and get ovetaken by one of these

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
From the great land down under

Google Video Link

Never linked a video before and this not from either you tube or goggle. In case the link does'nt work

videos2view.net...

cheers

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

They are really cool arent they, i heard them qoute 550 hp, we have those trucks operating throughout the uk and europe, using the same power ratio, pulling 44 tonnes, i would imagine that it takes a while to get some speed up on this, once going, would be interesting to see how long it takes too stop.

I used to be an lgv driver, you wouldnt believe how easy they are too drive, forward is the easiest. It sounds like a normal unit too me, may have an extra gear or 2, but the ones i used to drive years ago had 16, well 8 really with half gears shifting between each gear, and a low and hi range between 4 and 8th or 8th and 16th depending on how you look at it.

Would love to drive 1 of these, would have to be on long straight highways though as they said, bit of a nightmare taing this thing around the uk lol.

thanks for posting, had not seen them this long before.

edit on 23-11-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I want one.
That modular mover is way cool.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Your video isn't working for me.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Sorry bout that; see if this works

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
You want to try the drive from Perth to Albany. Mostly just a normal road, although very straight. You're usually driving for around 5 hours and often come up behind these behemoths. Every now and then there's a small dual carriageway on one side that allows you to pass.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

These things dont hang around either. Our roads are not as good as te roads you have hte UK Europe etc. A main single lane each way highway is 11 metres wide and most of the time the edges are distaster material so you cant move over much to let them go past.

The best thing to do is to make sure you stay well in front of them and yes they do take a km or so to stop. they are highly regualted where they can go but if your diving in those places its a case of Whtch Out.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Damm; in the post above make that whole road is 11 metres wide

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The Aussie Road Train is a true Aussie icon, a part of our outback culture and a huge contributer to our current lifestyle.

They have a designated road system and as the OP mentioned, they are highly regulated.

Aussie road trains

An amazing sight to behold on the open road.

Good one OP

new topics

top topics

join