It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can America really thrive without leadership?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by neo96
No my opinion hasn't change and will never change the simple fact OWS went after the wrong people people can argue til their blue in their face and camp out and "protest" their little hearts out but the simple fact is its been over 2 months and what have they accomplished?

Absolutely nothing and yep some of their defenders have earned my utter contempt which are nothing but ideologues others not so much.

Honestly they to rethink what they want and how they want to get their because of all the "Events" that have happened they are not doing themselves or anyone else any "favors".

edit on 22-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

"what have they accomplished? Absolutely nothing"

Did you not notice the "occupy" bill that got introduced into congress to end insider trading in congress?

That bill alone proves 1. OWS has been a huge success. 2. You are being dishonest in your argument.

Oh, and let me add this for people who don't know:

"Occupy Wall Street is leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors, genders and political persuasions. The one thing we all have in common is that We Are The 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%. We are using the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic to achieve our ends and encourage the use of nonviolence to maximize the safety of all participants.

This #ows movement empowers real people to create real change from the bottom up. We want to see a general assembly in every backyard, on every street corner because we don't need Wall Street and we don't need politicians to build a better society."

Straight off the OWS website.

So finally I understand some of the goals of the OWS movement and it reminds me slightly of a non violent version of Tyler Durten's idea to get rid of credit companies. But the last few sentences of this quote really stumped me and got me thinking. "We don't need politicians to build a better society."

How would that kind of society even work?

I really think they are onto something. Now that I have read this quote the Alex Jones OWS Ban thread makes perfect sense. OWS seems to interested in bringing about a new "system of things" but the way that they are trying to do it just doesn't really work.

Would it be even remotely possible for America to throw away years of traditions, scratch all the politicians, Wallstreet, and the fed to create a new future for Americans?

Would a govern less society be feasible and prosperous?
edit on 23-11-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

all societies will have 'leadership'...it is just how it is implemented and integrated into the group.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

Well first off you quoted that from another thread which IMO you should have provided a link to the on going discussion. No Biggie...

Second and on topic.

I wrote a thread asking a very similar question. There were some rather interesting replies. The general opinion is that NO, a civilization would not function without leadership. There would have to be some sort of structure. With that you will always have the human factor involved. Which tends to follow human nature both good and bad.

Related topic here

edit on 23-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
this would work if we the Us , did all of the following seal the borders no one in or out , end all foreign aid, no foreign flights in or out, no International aid of any kind to any where, we become a US for the US by the US.
I do not think we would last long no oil in or out no sales to foreign country's.
No this would not work or would it?
No mil to build up other than a defensive force no big war machine to support no CIA TSA or DHS, do not need them no air flight's leaving the USA ,no one in or getting out so it would be just the FBI and DOJ, no need for secret services no POTUS to protect, and then there would be no Fed, so there gone as well , the states would be the ones to do this job , but then that would mean each state is it's own POUTS so they would have to go too , now it is down to city's and towns, would they be considered little POUTS of their own city or town yep afraid so , so their out too that would leave the individual person but then ... they would be potus of their little spot land so they would have to... gee no one left.
edit on 23-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: iamusic

Yes oui כן

And it was that way before the well dressed slaves "discovered" the place and killed everyone.

Public service is supposed to be a service rendered to the public. Those guys who do it full time are like Jesi unless they're playing dark is light again.

Cement isn't concrete progress, and if it is, nothing prevents people from cementing to their heart's content without a bureaucracy.

Leadership can be a volunteered non chronic thing, based on who ever exerts natural authority through successful request for assistance in implementing an idea believed to be good by followers, like plumbing or large housebuilding or replacing the grid with solar or not #ting in a river people drink from, or organizing defence against armed invaders & c. Nobody needs to be a professional leader, much less hundreds of thousands of fools who drain the life out of those who build their houses, cars and complex menus while producing deception only.

In a scenario where a pill maker upkeeps a voting senator's family with bank notes, who leads who?

top topics

join