It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairo Protests "To Save the Revolution" *The BEST coverage I've seen so far!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
TheRealNews.com and I are in direct competition for viewers, but I have to give them BIG props for their coverage of the renewed violence in Egypt's Tahrir Square. Check out this video, it is absolutely awesome.

Video Description: Jihan Hafiz reports that dozens have been killed as Egyptians demand a civilian government.

@ 1:08 Ahmad Aggour, a protester, describes the scene - in FLAWLESS English. 5 will get you 10 that he was raised in the US, and has only recently arrived in Egypt. 1,000,000 Internets if anyone can ID his obviously American accent; NY, CT, NJ? Where do you think he's from? Wherever he's from, his former GF's might want to get themselves checked; dude has a serious case of the Herp going on.

@ 2:15 Noura Othman, another protester, also speaks impeccable English; I think that her English may have been learned as a second language, but from early on in her life. Her mastery of the language is much better than one would expect if it had been learned at say, the American University in Cairo. I guess my point is, how many of these protesters are actually former expats come home to free their country from tyrants? Not that it's a big deal, I just think it's awesome that they would uproot their lives to return to Egypt to fight for democracy.

@ 6:09, dude asks, "Where is the Muslim Brotherhood?" The MB is sitting this one out, because they stand to take a LOT of seats in the upcoming parliamentary elections. The MB has been instrumental in ALL of the "Arab Spring" protests, including the one now in Syria. This is some of the best coverage I've seen; it puts al-Jazeera to shame. Good job guys!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Great post and thank you for bringing this to attention.

sad news but the Truth must be known and I hope it spreads.

new topics

join