It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plain clothed Cop cuts off motorcycle rider & pulls gun on rider [VID]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"WOW". Where my words after watching this video!

This rider was casually riding when he is cut off by a plain car, then a a man exits then pulls out and points his gun at him and demands that he start to get off the motorcycle.

First terrible mistake this guy made is DRAWING HIS GUN AND POINTING IT AT SOMEONE without even identifying himself!
Once you watch the video you will see how this state trooper could of been shot and killed because the rider could of thought he was being "Motorcycle Jacked". It took this Trooper FIVE seconds to identify himself. Any well trained person can draw and fire two well placed shots in 1 and a half seconds!

Q:How long does it take for you to draw your handgun and place two center hits on a man-size target at seven yards? Those of us...would say that a time of about one and one-half seconds is acceptable for that drill.
www.theppsc.org...

That cop would be dead!
This mans house was also raided by police and computers taken for filming that video. Here is a timeline provided by the Motorcycle rider.
3/5/2010: Pulled over for speeding
4/7/2010: 6 Cops show up at my house with a search and seizure warrant for all of my computers, cameras and electronics.. They also bring an arrest warrant for "wiretapping" and 2 additional traffic violations. I could not go to jail due to health issues (surgery).
4/14/2010: I turned myself in and spent the night in jail. I was charged with "wiretapping." Felony- 5years $10k max fine. Bail set at $15k?
4/15/2010: Bail review - Released on my own recognizance.

Now here is the video www.youtube.com...

Full length video with no sound SHOWING that the rider broke no laws by speeding, ect www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-11-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That's been posted before I believe but just in case:

edit on 22-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gpena

This rider was casually riding when he is cut off by a plain car, then a a man exits then pulls out and points his gun at him and demands that he start to get off the motorcycle.

First terrible mistake this guy made is DRAWING HIS GUN AND POINTING IT AT SOMEONE without even identifying himself!

I do not understand why you would say wow... The individual riding was clearly speeding which unless im mistaken is braking the law (you don't pass cars on a freeway that fast unless your moving at a decent pace)

My second point is your being a little sensationalist... he NEVER pointed his gun at this person in the videos you provided, yes it was drawn, but never aimed at anything other than the ground. Might have been a little harsh of a reaction to something like speeding, but from the officers point of view he was getting ready to flee.... pushing the bike back to clear the car as soon as the door opened, a bike can outrun a car any day of the week.

eta... And the rider wasn't really cut off either...both vehicles were approaching stopped traffic, and the officer placed his vehicle in such a way as to block the rider from escaping...still no wow
edit on 22-11-2011 by Jrosh because: to add

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Agreed.. very reckless on the part of the cop.. Someone had too much redbull that morning, I guess. The followup, including wiretapping charges is just stupid and a bit bone chilling.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

looks to me-- the cop "SAVED" his life...

i've seen too many ROAD_PIZZA type accidents..

as far as recording a cop,, many states it is illegal..

but a great ad for a GO-PRO camera...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jrosh

I do not understand why you would say wow... The individual riding was clearly speeding which unless im mistaken is braking the law (you don't pass cars on a freeway that fast unless your moving at a decent pace)

My second point is your being a little sensationalist... he NEVER pointed his gun at this person in the videos you provided, yes it was drawn, but never aimed at anything other than the ground. Might have been a little harsh of a reaction to something like speeding, but from the officers point of view he was getting ready to flee.... pushing the bike back to clear the car as soon as the door opened, a bike can outrun a car any day of the week.

eta... And the rider wasn't really cut off either...both vehicles were approaching stopped traffic, and the officer placed his vehicle in such a way as to block the rider from escaping...still no wow
edit on 22-11-2011 by Jrosh because: to add

r u serious? this guy pulled in front of the guy and pulled a gun on him before ever identifying himself as a police officer. Here in louisiana it's open carry and that cop would of had a good chance of gettin shot certain places down here. And who pulls a gun out for a speeding violation?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I got to say that the cop had his weapon drawn, but what people might not at first realize, is the fact that the motorcycle is a weapon as well. So he is justified in having a weapon such as a gun. One thing that doesn't make sense to me is the plain clothes cop attempts to make this arrest. Why? That was a big mistake, and that is exactly the kind of thing that gets cops killed. The plain clothes cop should have just pulled up further and let the cop behind him make the arrest.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The goofy Cop was off duty, no uniform. Obvious power trip. Does anyone know if the biker was charged with anything?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Yes I am serious...I do not believe a sane individual, even one carrying a gun, is going to pull one out and shoot at an individual, without truely feeling threatened. The "officer" was definately presenting an aggressive undertone with his approach to the situation, but thats still not enough in my opinion, to fire off 2 shots in 1.5 seconds. I personally could not point a gun at someone, let alone fire it without actually feeling threatened...and the rider of this bike had no reason other than the officer did not identify himself for 5 WHOLE seconds to feel threatened.

There cleary was a marked car, with an officer in it behind the rider. That is enough deterrent to anyone to not just aim and shoot at someone, so I have a hard time believing that in the situation that is presented, you could justify shooting someone as a valid response...his life was never in danger.

Theres no conspiracy here, the rider was in the wrong, so was the cop to some degree...but overall it sensationalist.

what kind of bike do you ride?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Watch the clip again, and pay very close attention at the 0:30 mark. The rider was going FAST, he pulls a high speed wheelie that starts at 0:32 and the front wheel lands at 0:36. He keeps accelerating after that, finally slowing down at 0:45 when he hits some traffic. I think what happened here is the cop saw that brief display and followed him, his first opportunity to confront him was at that stop light. So the rider was clearly not just "casually riding". That said, I think the cop way overstepped his bounds, he appears to either be off-duty or not a traffic cop. Either way he had no business chasing the guy down in civilian clothes and car. I have a police officer friend and she says when they're off-duty they put the blinders on to stuff like this and just grin and bear it, because the paperwork involved in explaining an off-duty arrest isn't worth it!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yes I am serious...I do not believe a sane individual, even one carrying a gun, is going to pull one out and shoot at an individual, without truely feeling threatened. The "officer" was definately presenting an aggressive undertone with his approach to the situation, but thats still not enough in my opinion, to fire off 2 shots in 1.5 seconds. I personally could not point a gun at someone, let alone fire it without actually feeling threatened...and the rider of this bike had no reason other than the officer did not identify himself for 5 WHOLE seconds to feel threatened.

There cleary was a marked car, with an officer in it behind the rider. That is enough deterrent to anyone to not just aim and shoot at someone, so I have a hard time believing that in the situation that is presented, you could justify shooting someone as a valid response...his life was never in danger.

Theres no conspiracy here, the rider was in the wrong, so was the cop to some degree...but overall it sensationalist.

what kind of bike do you ride?

Wow you seem pretty confident in what you think people are going to do. Personally I think anyone can kill some one with a gun at anytime for any reason. It is not very hard especially when it is already out in your hand loaded. Who knows who this guy is, and if the biker had a gun, I don't think he would of hesitated one second in pulling it out, thus causing a shootout for no reason. This time the guy got lucky and nothing happened, but I can't believe that they would condone something like this

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Watch the clip again, and pay very close attention at the 0:30 mark. The rider was going FAST, he pulls a high speed wheelie that starts at 0:32 and the front wheel lands at 0:36. He keeps accelerating after that, finally slowing down at 0:45 when he hits some traffic. I think what happened here is the cop saw that brief display and followed him, his first opportunity to confront him was at that stop light. So the rider was clearly not just "casually riding". That said, I think the cop way overstepped his bounds, he appears to either be off-duty or not a traffic cop. Either way he had no business chasing the guy down in civilian clothes and car. I have a police officer friend and she says when they're off-duty they put the blinders on to stuff like this and just grin and bear it, because the paperwork involved in explaining an off-duty arrest isn't worth it!
\

isnt worth what?
saving peoples lives?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Not so much confident in what others will do, moreso that i would like to believe there is good in humanity still...that, and I'm from Canada...guns are for hunting animals, and ridding pests, not driving around with or to go shopping with. I don't comprehend the need for open carry, concealed carry, or carrying for any reason...to me it brings unnecessary bad to any situation...even cops get trigger happy

eta...I'm not defending the cop, or saying he was right...but there is probably more to the story than the 3 mins of video to have the attention of 2 police cars...1 marked and 1 unmarked and a gun drawn; granted he could be an over zealous officer, but the rider could have just sold his partner some crack...we can't possibly know the entire situation...
edit on 22-11-2011 by Jrosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Yep, I don't see a problem here. He was going extremely fast, then he attempts to evade the cops, he sees flashing lights behind him, then when he gets cut off by the plain clothes cop, he starts to roll backwards, so the cop unholsters, but he doesn't point it at the bike rider. There is a marked car behind him at the same time, it was obvious law enforcement.

Everything I see looks perfectly appropriate. They might have saved his life. Punks on Sport Bikes kill themselves far too often.

If this had been me on my Harley, the cop would have stayed in his car until the other officer was there to back him up, LOL! Then again, I would never have cut across all the traffic and accelerated to 120 mph on the bike, so they would have had no problem with me.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This video is kinda old. The reason they raided his house was because they were trying to bust him over the wiretapping laws. Unfortunately out in public there is no expectation of privacy. Here is an article from his case:
www.ncjolt.org...

Judge Emory Plitt, from Harford County, Maryland, dismissed indictments this Tuesday against Anthony Graber, which alleged that Graber illegally videotaped Maryland State police officer Joseph Uhler. Officer Uhler had pulled Graber over after witnessing him engage in fairly obvious and dangerous activities on his motorcycle. Judge Plitt reasoned that Officer Uhler did not have a reasonable expectation of privacy under the circumstances, a requirement under Maryland court’s interpretation of the statute.

edit on Wed Nov 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Not so much confident in what others will do, moreso that i would like to believe there is good in humanity still...that, and I'm from Canada...guns are for hunting animals, and ridding pests, not driving around with or to go shopping with. I don't comprehend the need for open carry, concealed carry, or carrying for any reason...to me it brings unnecessary bad to any situation...even cops get trigger happy

eta...I'm not defending the cop, or saying he was right...but there is probably more to the story than the 3 mins of video to have the attention of 2 police cars...1 marked and 1 unmarked and a gun drawn; granted he could be an over zealous officer, but the rider could have just sold his partner some crack...we can't possibly know the entire situation...
edit on 22-11-2011 by Jrosh because: (no reason given)

The problem is, you say your not defending the cop, but your obviously biased towards him. Your alternative scenarios are where the rider is somehow some kind of drug dealer or something, like all people who ride motorcycles are drug dealers. Sure he pulls a little wheelie, and picks up a little speed but nothing that dangerous, he shows complete control throughout and at no point does it look like he's going to crash, he even slows down for the traffic. I can compare this to doing a burnout in your car in a parking lot, then leaving, then having some random car cut you off, then a guy walks up to your door, holding a gun, and proceeds to rip you out of your car, and then tells you that he's a cop. Now and person who's go at least a half a soap dish for brains knows that if some crazy guy with a gun walks up to your car door, you don't have a lot of time to decide what to do. There are a lot of crazy people out there, and there is no way to tell if this guy is a cop or not, just because he says he's a cop doesn't mean he is. Personally if i were a cop i would just use my discretion and let him go. Why waste time giving him a ticket? motorcycles should just be at your own risk, your only going to damage to yourself

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Your alternative scenarios are where the rider is somehow some kind of drug dealer or something, like all people who ride motorcycles are drug dealers.

No, the point was that three minutes of YouTube video is not enough for proper context.

Sure he pulls a little wheelie, and picks up a little speed but nothing that dangerous, he shows complete control throughout and at no point does it look like he's going to crash, he even slows down for the traffic.

Yeah what is a little felonious speeding and a bit of careless and reckless driving? I mean who cares if you risk your life and the lives of others? On a bike, at high speeds, all it takes is an unexpected dip in the road, a tire blow out in front of you, a patch of loose asphalt, or an idiot throwing out a McDonald's cup to send everything out of control. When you hit the pavement at 90 or 120mph you and your bike put everybody behind you at risk of injury and death. It isn't a harmless game.

I can compare this to doing a burnout in your car in a parking lot,

Not even similar. A burnout in an empty parking lot puts no one but you at risk. If you do it in the Target parkinglot at 3pm on Sunday afternoon then it is similar and the person deserves to be stopped.

motorcycles should just be at your own risk, your only going to damage to yourself

Have you ever seen what the front end of a Ford Explorer looks like after it gets hit by one of these guys? I have. It wasn't pretty for the truck or the driver.

A guy riding his bike decided he could impress his other friends by doing a high speed wheelie at about 95mph. There was a lip where the road he was on didn't fit flush with the bridge he was about to cross. He hit the lip and lost control of the bike. It went across the median and slammed in to the front of a Ford Explorer at about 35mph. When the dust settled the rider was dead and the driver of the Explorer had a broken nose, a broken ankle, and a sprained wrist.

The stop in the video was a good stop. The cop probably should have kept his gun holstered though.
edit on 23-11-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

The problem is, you say your not defending the cop, but your obviously biased towards him. Your alternative scenarios are where the rider is somehow some kind of drug dealer or something, like all people who ride motorcycles are drug dealers. Sure he pulls a little wheelie, and picks up a little speed but nothing that dangerous, he shows complete control throughout and at no point does it look like he's going to crash, he even slows down for the traffic. I can compare this to doing a burnout in your car in a parking lot, then leaving, then having some random car cut you off, then a guy walks up to your door, holding a gun, and proceeds to rip you out of your car, and then tells you that he's a cop. Now and person who's go at least a half a soap dish for brains knows that if some crazy guy with a gun walks up to your car door, you don't have a lot of time to decide what to do. There are a lot of crazy people out there, and there is no way to tell if this guy is a cop or not, just because he says he's a cop doesn't mean he is. Personally if i were a cop i would just use my discretion and let him go. Why waste time giving him a ticket? motorcycles should just be at your own risk, your only going to damage to yourself

Im not defending the cop. I am not biased to cops, or against cops... and i don't assume anything about people on motorcycles, I know a few, and have one myself...as well as a street legal racecar, and a truck...and if i did anything stupid in any of my vehicles i would expect or at least be watching my rear view for some cherries to come on at some point.

Either way 4 wheels 2 wheels, it doesn't matter, reckless driving is reckless, and selfish...defending it is pointless... with the privilage of owning rocket fast vehicles comes the responsibility of driving them...I play with mine... there is a time and place for everything, and if you make the decision to play, and get caught thats your responsibility...I've had my car taken away, even though there was no danger to anyone but myself, I was still in the wrong.

Even when you claim the only person you are going to hurt is yourself, you are incorrect... Thats best case scenario, but not always....how many bikes get into accidents by themselves? I'm bettin a greater number involves more than just a bike, and that would mean others. You need a license to drive, or ride, which means you should understand that anything with a motor can be dangerous if not respected...its NEVER just your risk...

Your entire point is that a plain clothes officer did not ID himself for 5 whole seconds...there was a marked car behind him, and he had looked back at some point in the video, almost like he new he might be in trouble.

As the above poster noted, my alternate scenarios are not the point....the point is in 3 minutes of video you can't possibly know the whole story...this is being presented with bias. The title is misleading, and there is not enough information to make a case for either side.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Wow..and you wonder why there are anti gun people, especially if all gun owners are like you and others on here.
I mean the gun was obviously pointed to the ground...yet you would kill this man because you felt threatened...well consider that murder not self defense.

Is that how it is in America..the mere thought of feeling threatened...shoot first before you actually are?

The cop was right in doing what he did...pull a reckless motorcyclist over. Those thing aren't toys..their not meant to be played with and most definitely not to be played with on public roads.

Wanna kill yourself...find someplace private.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

No, gun owners do not react with gun fire as some internet jockeys would have you believe. Maybe he didn't watch the video. The biker knew it was a cop, because there was another one behind him. The biker wasn't just speeding, he was excessively speeding, and he was driving recklessly, and he was attempting to evade the officers, and he was rolling backwards on the bike like he might flee again, and that is why the cop pulled the gun.

I carry a gun 100% of the time. I have been in a couple of scuffles and I've never felt a need to pull the gun. I've been pulled over and never had a problem. I've even been detained after a short fight, my gun confiscated and unloaded for a few minutes, but eventually given back to me as I was released. Nobody knew about the gun until I told the cop, and he appreciated it and handled it professionally.

Here's a neat gun story of mine where the gun was very useful and never came out of the holster.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join