It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Mic Checked by OccupyNH

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think the KIDS (high school kids) were shouting "NO BAMA"

which makes me happy that kids aren't being indoctrinated as much anymore :-p

or maybe Im wrong

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

They were shouting "Obama" to drown out the protesters.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by jerryznv

The President, who has said the Occupy Wall Street movement voices the public’s widespread frustration with the country’s financial system, later mentioned the protests in his speech.

Source

I think it speaks volumes that Obama later acknowledges them...they made their presence known and I am guessing he had little choice...otherwise might no have heard a peep about OWS!

Good for them though...if for nothing else...making Obama shut up for a second and take notice that there is a whole country around him...the spot light went out for a second.

Ummm I dare ask, did you even watch the video linked in the article?

OWS got shouted down by Obama supporters who were too busy chanting Obama's name to even take a second or two out of their day to hear anything being said by OWS protesters.

I found it to be really kind of disgusting and it goes to show just how many brainwashed idiots there really are. Obama did not address anything said by OWS protesters and instead insisted he be allowed to give his prepared speech. What we see here is the complete opposite of what we saw when OWS interrupted Ron Paul. Paul at least let them finish, heard what they had to say, then addressed it. Obama dismissed it and went on with his speech.
edit on 22-11-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

Of course I watched the video...dare you ask.

I found it to be really kind of disgusting and it goes to show just how many brainwashed idiots there really are.

How many?

Obama dismissed it and went on with his speech.

Of course he did...it has become second nature for Obama to dismiss everything and go on with his business like nothing is going on. Very professional conduct and leadership...he showed great restraint by not acknowledging the disturbance as important.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have missed the whole mic check phenom, as I don't watch sillyvision news any more than I absolutely have to... which isn't much.

But I love it! Great idea!

And Obama handled it way more gracefully than any of the other examples given.

Good on him!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I get most of my news from Twitter and ATS

I agree Obama handled it well, Ron Paul did too. I don't know if it's a great way to gain support but I think it's a great way to be heard by politicians.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Question:

Do you even know what Occupy Wall Street stands for? Represents?

Not sure if any of th protestors know.

Occupy Wall Street .... unless we are a plutocracy

If people have to play by the rules, and the laws are mandatory expectations in which ALL citizens must conform to and comply with, why are they not required learning in schools?

What is the total amount of all current laws in the "land of the free" (aka the country with the most people in jail)?

Some people are trying to play by the rules ... and some have the resources to make them up as they go along.

Congress was made hundreds of years ago when it took weeks, months, and even years to get information from point A to point B. This is not true today.

edit on 23-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: Add gif.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by kellynap43

It stands for a lot. Do you have a specific question or comment related to my OP?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join