It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-wing Israeli group creates booklet listing businesses that employ Palestinians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

What about appearance (racism) vs. ideology don't you understand? You show yourself time and again to be a twisted little political opportunist. It's NOT racism, and I've proved that already.

The Holy Book inspires hate essentially. and you say as such it is ok to be racist to Arabs.

No, do you want to enumerate the crimes of the Jewish people? Essentially nothing. There hasn't been a single case in their 2500 year history (discounting events told in the Torah, which are regarded by historians as "myth" anyhow... But when it comes to presenting Jews and Judaism as murderous, they'll make use of it) of killing another people. On the contrary, it's been THEM on the receiving end, from Christians and Muslims.

And i wouldn't regard it as a matter of any holy book. Communism, you should be well aware, has killed hundreds of times more people then either Christianity or Islam has killed through its total history.

If Germany wanted to keep Germany a German Catholic state and started making booklets on businesses that employ foreigners and Jews, I am sure you would be calling it racist.

No, i wouldn't. I'm not an illiterate moron. I know the difference between racism and religious discrimination.

I realize you just LOVE the emotional energy that emanates from the word "Racism", but this is not racism. At no point, has the Jewish-Arab conflict in Israel been racist. It's been political, and mostly religious, but not racist. Racist is what the Nazis thought of the Jews and everyone who didn't meet their "blonde hair, blue eye" superman standard. Because any human being, from any race, can convert and become a Jew, it is not racism, simply, it is not racism.

Choose a different word. Unfortunately, the emotional effect of 'racism' will be lost, but at least you will show some basic level of human decency, as well as the capacity to understand the difference between discrimination at a racial level, and discrimination between religious philosophy. In the case of Israel, as I stated before, it is neither racial or religious. To be exact, it is religious, but not of a 'theological' nature, but rather, who has rights to what land based on religious tradition.
edit on 22-11-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
can you imagine the other way around. someone keeping books listing places that employ jews.

i don't think we'd be having this conversation if that was the case.

You mean this website?

www.inminds.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The Koran, Holy Bible and Torah are all the same. They all basically preach "thou shall not kill unless they are different".

I really do not see how it is not racism. They classified "Arab" (a race of people) employees in this booklet. So do you then admit it is religous discrimination if not racial discrimination?

I really don't see how I am a twisted political oppurtunist. My opinion is moderate, always backed up by evidence and I concede when proven wrong. Secondly I cannot be an oppurtunist as I have nothing to gain by posting anonymously from the internet. I'm not really achieving anything by doing so.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The Koran, Holy Bible and Torah are all the same. They all basically preach "thou shall not kill unless they are different".

That is a useless generalization. Hindu tradition regards all non-Hindus as "barbarians". You get the same tone from Buddhism, Zen, etc. In what group don't you find "If you don't agree with me, you're stupid"??

You sound like a Marxist sympathizer......and i sound like a Zionist....We can't avoid distinctions. The fact of the matter is, Judaism has never engaged in the slaughter of others - and if they ever fought - as in the Roman wars, it was in self defense.

Islam fought wars of EXPANSION, Christianity fought wars of EXPANSION..... Judaism did not, and has never done that. Nor has the Talmud, that most reviled book, taught anything definitive about non-Jews. In some areas it says their cultural and moral standards are below that of man, so that makes them animals. In other areas, it contradicts that statement (as the Talmud is wont to do) and says all human beings are made in the image of God, and qualify as Bnei Adam. (children of Adam)... But probably the most important verse in the Talmud, which distinguishes it from Islam and Christianity, is this: "Righteous people of all nations have a share in the world to come" (Sanhedrin 105a)..Meaning, acceptance of the Torah, or of Judaism, is not prerequisite to entering the afterlife state called in Judaism "Olam HaBa", which is synonymous with Heaven.

Only Judaism, written in a central text, admits to the morality of religion. To the general need to be a good human being. THIS is why Judaism has never engaged in the lawlessness that the lawless New Testament permitted the Christians to engage (any restrictions of behavior are lacking in the New Testament, hence the leeway theologian-politicians had in interpreting it in anyway they thought useful) or the bellicose and hateful language of the Koran towards non-Muslims, as in Sura 9:5.

The verses of the old testament are time bound, that is, they happened in history. Nowhere in the Tanach does it call for killing or invading lands. The only land of concern to Judaism is Israel. That is all. Whereas Islam is supra-historical, beyond time, and the explicit sayings of the Koran, such as calling to kill all the infidels where ever you find them, has no cognate in any Jewish writing, and yet you'll find 10 times more people complaining about the Talmud then the Koran!.

I really do not see how it is not racism. They classified "Arab" (a race of people) employees in this booklet. So do you then admit it is religious discrimination if not racial discrimination?

You really would not accept any explanation that detracted from the emotional impact of the word 'racism". Why do they point out Arab? BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE EAST! IN THE CENTER OF DAR AL ISLAM! Amidst millions and millions of ARABS. Calling them Arabs is like a native in pilgrim times saying "white man", not in a racist way, but as a term denoting a political and existential enemy who just happens to be white.

So do you then admit it is religous discrimination if not racial discrimination?

If you're interested in a good book, read "son of Hamas". I just picked it up. If you don't believe the son of one of the founders of Hamas, then you might as well just say "I don't care about facts, I have a political agenda"...

The Arab opposition to Israel is ENTIRELY religious in nature. Therefore, the vehement Jewish opposition from so-called "right wing extremists", is also religious. Would i call it religious discrimination? That's an inappropriate term when you're in the middle of a political war. Because the Arabs are doing all they can do to chip away at Israel, the Jew, particularly the religious one who appreciates the significance of Israel to Judaism, must do whatever he can to prevent the Arabs from succeeding. Thus, boycotting their businesses.

This is quite different when understood IN CONTEXT from what the Nazis did to the Jews.

It is superficial, and idiotic, to just stop at how things look - without giving heed to context - and brand this as "racism", just because you like the way it sounds, and to call Jews, the victims of the Nazis, as now the perpetrators of Nazi like racism, just sounds too ironic and great for the ignoramuses amongst you to challenge. It is such a nice idea - and yet, as proven by my analysis, is patently untrue.

I really don't see how I am a twisted political oppurtunist. My opinion is moderate, always backed up by evidence and I concede when proven wrong. Secondly I cannot be an oppurtunist as I have nothing to gain by posting anonymously from the internet. I'm not really achieving anything by doing so.

I confuse you and corruptionexposed sometimes. However, in the past, i have found you to be someone who exercises his argumentation skills, or propaganda tactics, at this site, for practice.
edit on 23-11-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Only Judaism, written in a central text, admits to the morality of religion. To the general need to be a good human being.

Actually, no. There are a number of religions that do this.

The verses of the old testament are time bound, that is, they happened in history.

Again, no. Quite a few of the passages are actual commands rather than retellings of history. A number of Israelis draw comparisons between the arabs and the amalekites to justify what is being done to them. Some don't even need to go that far- they believe God gave them the land of Israel, in which case, Deutronomy 7 applies- and let me remind you, that means total extermination.
Heck, they don't even have to be in the lands of Israel....the Hebrew Bible even caters for that...they could go to war against countries outside of the so called "greater Israel", and the scripture details how that is different- they are allowed to make an offer of peace (not so with the non-jew nations within Israel- those are required to be exterminated), although the peace actually means forced labour.

And besides all that, just as how jewish scholars take the historical re-tellings of other incidents in the Hebrew Bible and study them and use the morals of those stories to derive opinions and rulings for use today, the same applies to the violent and militaristic incidents. And in that case, the extreme violence in the Hebrew Bible is very relevant. After all, in the Hebrew Bible Yahweh is called "A God of War" or "A Man of War" and a very popular title is "Lord of Hosts" (armies). War tradition is pretty fundamentally intertwined with Judaism.

I'm not quite sure you understand the concept of racism either. Check any definition- It has nothing to do with purely physical features. You think the idiots who make generalised statements like "black people are more prone to thievery and sexual violence" think that this is because they have slightly more melanin in their skin? It still counts as racism- "Discrimination or prejudice based on race".

The Arab opposition to Israel is ENTIRELY religious in nature.

If you don't mind me saying, dontreally, you have an interesting tactic of setting up your definition and description of "the opponent" to fail, and then exploiting the flaw to show why they fail. Sometimes the definition is totally wrong. I'd call it a straw-man argument, but you aren't setting up the straw-man in order to knock it down and show it is wrong; you're setting up the straw-man, and then using it as a base to build up your entire position.

The Arab opposition to Israel is ENTIRELY religious? Really? It has nothing to do with the fact the land and people who have been occupied, annexed and blockaded? I suppose the Palestinian National Charter is actually a veiled religious document, even though it makes no mention of God, Allah, Islam or Muhammad, and only mentions religion in the context of "Freedom of worship and visit to all".
edit on 24-11-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

That is a useless generalization. Hindu tradition regards all non-Hindus as "barbarians". You get the same tone from Buddhism, Zen, etc. In what group don't you find "If you don't agree with me, you're stupid"??

Couldn't agree more. Almost every religion has a tendency to hate difference. I am not strictly implying it only happens in the three Abrahamic religion, but in the Middle East it is the 3 Abrahamic religions in which we discuss.

You sound like a Marxist sympathizer......and i sound like a Zionist....We can't avoid distinctions. The fact of the matter is, Judaism has never engaged in the slaughter of others - and if they ever fought - as in the Roman wars, it was in self defense.

Despite the fact that I entirely disagree in the economic ideology and the political asperations of Marxism, you still choose to call me a marxist. If you want to define me on the political spectrum you are better off calling me for what I am: A free-market athiest libertarian.

All the Abrahamic religion contradic themselves, at times preaching morals and acceptance and at other times preaching hate and acting as a chauvanistic, oppresive and hateful religion.

Only Judaism, written in a central text, admits to the morality of religion. To the general need to be a good human being.

If you need the Bible to tell you that rape, slavery and murder is wrong, then there is something seriously wrong with you. I have been an athiest all my life and have far higher morals than many religous people.

and yet you'll find 10 times more people complaining about the Talmud then the Koran!.

Such is definetely not the case. I have seen many people complain about the Koran and have yet to see anyone complain about the Talmud. I don't know what parrallel universe you are living in.

The Arab opposition to Israel is ENTIRELY religious in nature.

I thought you were interested in facts? Nevermind that the PLO arose from a secular marxist ideology and Fatah as opposition to Israel is secular.

the Jew, particularly the religious one who appreciates the significance of Israel to Judaism, must do whatever he can to prevent the Arabs from succeeding. Thus, boycotting their businesses.

Not only do they boycott their businesses but they boycott the businesses of Jews who employ Arabs. I am sure that you call the boycott of Israeli companies racist yet they too are slowly chipping away at the West Bank, annexing the land and rejecting the asperations of the native inhabitants (the Palestinians) for sovereignty. So it is ok the boycott Arabs but not Jews? Don't you just sense the hypocrisy.

By boycotting the business which employees an Arab you assume the goal of every Arab is the destruction of Israel. Such is not true. I am sorry, but all I see is you hypocritically justifying Racism as necassary for the protection of Israel when it is not. The Arabs are already in the disadvantaged socio-economic position and boycotting them will only ensure increased poverty rates and hinder them from providing for their families which will only promote terrorism that threatans Israel. Simply look at where most Palestinians are recruited in terrorism. They are either )largely) in refugee camps or in the Gaza strip which have the highest rates of poverty (40% unemployemnt and over 70% living below the poverty line which is under $1 a day according to the CIA World Fact Book www.cia.gov...).

I confuse you and corruptionexposed sometimes. However, in the past, i have found you to be someone who exercises his argumentation skills, or propaganda tactics, at this site, for practice.

All my points are supported by evidence, do you care to point out where I ever lied or misled someone?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Any "Normal" person would call it racism..

Therefore I undersatand your stance.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

No, do you want to enumerate the crimes of the Jewish people? Essentially nothing. There hasn't been a single case in their 2500 year history (discounting events told in the Torah, which are regarded by historians as "myth" anyhow...

Oh my.

Never done anything wrong??

Even God doesn't agree with that BS line, hence their exile..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join