It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton does nuke business with Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Source

Now, I cannot comment on the source. It's unknown to me.
But the C-SPAN session the YouTube video shows Halliburton is using subsidary companies and Cayman Island accounts to loophole around sanctions against doing business with Iran. The business? Nuclear Facility building and outfitting.

Classic business as usual. IMO

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Let's see if I can imbed....nope.

You Tube video
Cuhail

edit on 11/22/2011 by Cuhail because: embedding problems

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Terrorism Financial Analyst.

I wonder how much he gets paid.

You got to wonder how much he really wants this all to stop.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

So anyone who supports then is a terrorist. Looks like we have found the real terrorists behind the viel of hideous and disgusting secrecy.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
this is sad . . . I'm from Halliburton's hometown of Duncan, OK and I am in need of a job, and they are hiring . . . moral dilemma much? /sigh

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How is this not treason? Pretty nice find. All the of the haliburton executives play stupid about the complete unethical and immoral behavior with their actions. Its so blood boiling frustrating to see the government not just shut down these companies. And send all executives to prison or get a death sentence. Times like this I wish we were china.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Is this what you want?

Originally posted by Cuhail
Let's see if I can imbed....nope.

You Tube video
Cuhail

edit on 11/22/2011 by Cuhail because: embedding problems

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Disgusting. That woman is a flat-out traitor. You can tell by her responses and expressions that her only concern is her bonus; she has sold out her country for a paycheck.

Halliburton should be dismantled and its executive team jailed. I would say hang them, but I have kinda moved away from state-sponsored murder as an acceptable form of punishment.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I know this will creep out the annunaki folks who have insisted for years that Bush and Ahmadinejad are related by serpent bloodlines and they are both descended from the orginial serpent annunaki god. I myself got worried when my husband was given strict orders in 03 in iraq that no harm was to be done to the ziggurat that was located nearby. Later I found out some people speculated this could have been part of the true garden of Eden.......

If Halliburton really is doing this all stuff, serpent lore aside......this is terrible, I hope hope hope it is not true.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have no doubt that this is completely true, but the source in the OP has a link to it's source, which is beforeitsnews.com.

Beforeitsnews.com does not show a source at all. So all we have to go off of is the video.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I found this from Project Censored:

It was Cheney who directed Halliburton toward aggressive business dealings with Iran—in violation of U.S. law—in the mid-1990s, which continued through 2005 and is the reason Iran has the capability to enrich weapons-grade uranium. It was Halliburton’s secret sale of centrifuges to Iran that helped get the uranium enrichment program off the ground, according to a three-year investigation that includes interviews conducted with more than a dozen current and former Halliburton employees.

Source:www.projectcensored.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Senators Question Halliburton Executive About Dealings in Iran

By MICHAEL LUO
Published: May 1, 2007

www.nytimes.com/2007/05/01/washington/01halliburton.html

WASHINGTON, April 30 — A Halliburton executive, facing withering criticism from Democratic lawmakers during a Senate hearing on Monday about the company’s business dealings in Iran, insisted that the firm had not broken any laws.

The official, Sherry Williams, a Halliburton vice president and corporate secretary, said the company had consulted several law firms in 1995 after sanctions were imposed on Iran. Officials of the company, which recently announced it was moving its chief executive from Houston to Dubai and establishing a corporate headquarters there, determined that it was legal for independent foreign subsidiaries of United States companies to do business there, she said.

“We have followed U.S. law,” she said. “We will continue to follow U.S. law.”

Although the three Democratic senators on hand repeatedly suggested broader concerns than strict legality should have prompted the company to halt its business in Iran, Ms. Williams expressed no regret for the firm’s work there.

From 1995 to 2000, Vice President Dick Cheney was Halliburton’s chairman; at the time he spoke out against sanctions on Iran.

(...)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Better news sources;

Halliburton operates in Iran despite sanctions - Nightly News - NBC News Investigates - msnbc.com
CBS News - Doing Business With The Enemy

"These three companies, as far as we were concerned, appear to have violated the spirit of the law," says Thompson. "In the case of Halliburton, as an example, they have an offshore subsidiary in the Cayman Islands. That subsidiary is doing business with Iran."

Halliburton Charged with Selling Nuclear Technologies to Iran

Source: Global Research.ca, August 5, 2005, Title: “Halliburton Secretly Doing Business With Key Member of Iran’s Nuclear Team,” Author: Jason Leopold

Halliburton Watch (halliburtonwatch.org) has been keeping tabs on a lot of this.
This page has many links and sources cited.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Here's a government transcript of the hearing the video was from. It was in April, 2007.
Dorgan Hearing
Oh, as an aside, I think the headline is misleading. I looked at the last two pages of the transcript and they indicated that while the Haliburton subsidiary was doing business in Iran, it was all oil and gas, no nukes.

What I'm a little more interested in is whether the Democrat Congress and President put in place any new legislation closing the loophole that Haliburton was using. Dorgan was a Democrat Senator at the time and it looked as though there was a lot of public interest in the idea (just look at this thread). Wonder if they did anything about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks, all, for the extra links and info. I don't have the time I used to to delve in like I'd want and you guys make up for my slackage.

Anyway you look at this, it blatantly screams of "Profit before Responsability" and I really hate that.

The motto in Latin in my siggie professes how I live. This incident is the exact opposite of that, so, I'm kinda pissed.
Money sucks.
It makes people evil.
Makes being not rich suck less.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You may be right, but, the source headline is what prompted my own. Watching the video, I assumed (yes, I know) the whole problem stemmed from nukes. They never specified.

So, I agree.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I believe this story by Jason Leopold might be the source;

Scandal-plagued Halliburton, the oil services company once headed by Vice President Dick was secretly working with one of Iran’s top nuclear scientists on natural gas related projects and, allegedly, selling the scientists’ oil company key components for a nuclear reactor, according to Halliburton sources with intimate knowledge of both companies’ business dealings. Just last week a National Security Council report said Iran was a decade away from acquiring a nuclear bomb. That time frame could arguably have been significantly longer if Halliburton, which just reported a 284 percent increase in its fourth quarter profits due to its Iraq reconstruction contracts, was not actively providing the Iranian government with the financial means to build a nuclear weapon. Now comes word that Halliburton, which has a long history of flouting U.S. law by conducting business with countries the Bush administration said has ties to terrorism, was working with Cyrus Nasseri, the vice chairman of Oriental Oil Kish, one of Iran’s largest private oil companies, on oil development projects in Tehran. Nasseri is also a key member of Iran’s nuclear development team. “Nasseri, a senior Iranian diplomat negotiating with Europe over Iran's controversial nuclear program is at the heart of deals with US energy companies to develop the country's oil industry”, the Financial Times reported. Nasseri was interrogated by Iranian authorities in late July for allegedly providing Halliburton with Iran’s nuclear secrets and accepting as much as $1 million in bribes from Halliburton, according to Iranian government officials. It’s unclear whether Halliburton was privy to Iran’s nuclear activities. A company spokesperson did not return numerous calls for comment. A White House also did not return calls for comment.
Source

edit on 22-11-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I heard about this on ATS several years ago.

Can't remember the thread title though.

They built all those centrifuges.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
so what...

graphics8.nytimes.com...

btw - by posting these storys as a "OMG -sO DRAMATIC - THESE TERRORISTS" is just chaos-spin pushing the war...

maybe by "supporting" iran in the early days they did something good...but who knows - maybe another well prepared plot...
edit on 22-11-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

It's about the only good thing Halliburton have done.

Let Iran have their Nukes. How many other countries have them and have not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join