It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airdrop irrigation: the low-tech drought solution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here is another "good news" post... as with all news, the good news always seems few and far between!

Basically, pushing air underground through tubing cools it and extracts the moisture contained. Just like the phenomenon observed as "morning dew".

Link to article which goes little more in depth...

These types of innovations are extremely important, because they have the potential of use in the world's poorest nations, which are the most vulnerable when a food-production disaster such as drought occurs.

As I stated in my last "good news" post... if only more human resources were used for the betterment of humankind as opposed to developing increasingly devastating ways of destroying each other, I can only imagine what we could achieve as a species!

Oh, and the pentagon has just tested a new hyper-sonic missile which can kill... urr, eliminate a target, anywhere on the planet within one hour... yeah!

the Billmeister

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Great work by this young Aussie! It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think up many applications for this technology aside from irrigation. This would be an invaluable resource for rural fire services here in Australia.
Nice find Bill...S&F! =D

join