It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Ways that Financial Elites are Destroying Democracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Five Ways that Financial Elites are Destroying Democracy

www.alternet.org

Is democracy compatible with a financial system run by billionaires? Maybe not. Here are five ways that high finance is undermining democracy:

1. Billionaires replace one person, one vote.
2. The stock market exercises an instant veto.
3. Governments are not permitted to create full employment economies.
4. Hedge fund speculative raids replace elected leaders with technocrats.
5. Financial markets are vetoing Social Security.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Dissing democracy is politically correct in many ATS circles, on the grounds that the majority should not rule the minority. I certainly agree, but frankly, the alternatives (ie., corporate-fascist rule) scare the poop outta me.

"Democracy is not perfect, but it's the best we've got." ~ No idea.

Representative democracy, at least in theory, allows us to hold our representatives accountable. Unfortunately, we've allowed corporate law to override our democratic principles. Time to put things right.

Three important ATS threads help explain how we're controlled, and outline who's pulling the strings:

Goldman Sachs *is* The Federal Government - The Venn Diagram

Who Runs the World ? – Network Analysis Reveals ‘Super Entity’ of Global Corporate Control

Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

The more you learn of whom are the ones behind the global wealth and nations economies you get to realized that is none fixable, the only option is a complete take over of the citizens over their government systems, then what we will have after that is blood shed, death, destruction and another system taking over to start another cycle of corruption, power corrupt and we humans are very vulnerable to it.

Is our human condition.

edit on 22-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Is our human condition.

Maybe, but I sometimes wonder if that's not just another sound bite from the corporate PR campaign.

'They are to remind people that we are all capable of much more than we realise and …hidden treasures can be found within every one of us once you know how to access them,' says Falco.

On ATS

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Historically behind every empire is always been corruption what has brought the empires to the ground, corruption runs rampant in politics, economies and no even religion goes spared.

Behind an honest politician is always a corrupted hoard influencing decisions.

The financial elites are no really financial elites but the aristocratic few that believe themselves born to privilege and expecting servitude from those that they consider Beneath them.

Those are the true dangerous powers behind our global economy spanning many nations.

The so call rich and wealthy that are no born within the aristocratic few are nothing but servants like the rest of us.

Like I say the more I find out about who control governments the more I see the deceptions and the lies of what we are geared to believe about democracy, freedom and patriotism.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Historically behind every empire is always been corruption what has brought the empires to the ground, corruption runs rampant in politics, economies and no even religion goes spared.

Behind an honest politician is always a corrupted hoard influencing decisions.

The financial elites are no really financial elites but the aristocratic few that believe themselves born to privilege and expecting servitude from those that they consider Beneath them.

Those are the true dangerous powers behind our global economy spanning many nations.

The so call rich and wealthy that are no born within the aristocratic few are nothing but servants like the rest of us.

Like I say the more I find out about who control governments the more I see the deceptions and the lies of what we are geared to believe about democracy, freedom and patriotism.

I so agree with everything you say here. But do you really think we can never get out from under?

......On the upside, most of the highest elite are infertile - their ways have caught up with them, or maybe it's karma - and their bloodlines won't be around much longer. Unfortunately, they seem intent on dragging the rest of us down with them.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The more you learn of whom are the ones behind the global wealth and nations economies you get to realized that is none fixable, the only option is a complete take over of the citizens over their government systems, then what we will have after that is blood shed, death, destruction and another system taking over to start another cycle of corruption, power corrupt and we humans are very vulnerable to it.

Is our human condition.

edit on 22-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Everything is fixable! You just have to know who or what group of people are behind this global conspiracy. Things do not happen by themselves, correct? I may have some strong suspicions but unless everyone knows the truth of the matter things will remain the same.

I think aliens are controlling this planet and always have! Money is just a means of control and not the ultimate motive. Go ahead and laugh if you want, who gives a #.......

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here's number 6 (-make sure you're sitting down before watching):

(taken from this thread)

PS

"Democracy is not perfect, but it's the best we've got." ~ No idea.

It was Churchill.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Thanks for the research! The OP and you have made a perfect case as to why nations have no democracy. Capitalism via the private central bank and all its member banks who own covert shares in it. I wonder who owns most of those shares?

The rothschild family does, but they are pawns to the european nobility, who in turn are pawns to the vatican. In reality they work closely together via a luciferian bloodline called the babylonian brotherhood, which dates back to the great flood of the old testament.

Why was there a great flood? Because reptillians aliens probably lived on the surface and had to be exterminated. The remaining took refuge in underground caverns(called hell by all religions) and the elite of today pay homage via pagan rituals....as did the mayans!

Everything has an explanation but takes mucho time to research. Most people don't have that time due to other activities.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I think aliens are controlling this planet and always have!

Funny you should say that. I've been asking myself 'What planet are these banksters on?' for a long time.

Seriously, though, whatever your take on where 'all roads lead', there's only one way to deal with these usurpers:

(thread)

top topics

join