It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

LGBTuesday #2 - Is homosexuality a form of love, or infatuation?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Is homosexuality a form of love, or infatuation?

This question was asked on another website, asexuality.com.
I think that this question is important to get out to heterosexuals. Homosexuality should be seperated into two parts.

What do I mean?

First, you must know the diffrence between SEXUALITY and ROMANTICALITY.

Ok, this took me FOREVER to grasp, but I think I have it down.

Sexuality: What sex do you like to have sex with.
Romanticality: What sex can you fall in love with.

Each of these endings is following a prefix:
* Hetro - Like opposite sex
* Homo - Like same sex
* Bi - Like both sexes
* Pan - Do not see sex
* A - Does not experience
* Omni - Kim Kardashian

So, as you can see, with this new dimension of sexuality, everyone is different!

For some people, it is all about the sex, and they are homosexual-aromantic.
For some, they do not get sexual desires, and they are asexual-homoromantic.

I myself, am Homosexual-homoromantic.
My friend is Asexual-Panromantic.
Another of my friends is Bisexual-Homoromantic

FISHY FUN FACT: Did you know that the sterotypical "Wife Beater" would be classifed as Heterosexual-Homoromantic?

Why? Because they fall in love with their friends (Drinking buddies), but do not feel sexual attraction.

So is it love or lust?

It depends on the person.

PM ME QUESTIONS FOR NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!!



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
asexuality.com?

Are you sure you got the name right?

Funny idea though.



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So what is omni sexual supposed to mean?



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish
 


I have a couple of friends that are guay. One couple in particular stands out. Lets call them Adam and Steve.
OK, Adam worked in New York as sky scrapper glass repair man back in the 60's. He was married and apparently straight. Steve was an eccentric. He wore a cape. a feathered hat and walked with a fancy cane.
....I know, I know but it's true. Ok, Steve was walking on the side walk one day minding his own business when Adam, the married guy, saw him. When he did he dropped the peice of glass he was about to install. Almost killing Adam. Steve rushes down to see if everybody was ok. When he came face to face with Adam they fell madly in love. Adam got a divorce moved in together to live happilly ever after. No joke..but still hilarious.
edit on 22-11-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by darkredfish
 


I have a couple of friends that are guay. One couple in particular stands out. Lets call them Adam and Steve.
OK, Adam worked in New York as sky scrapper glass repair man back in the 60's. He was married and apparently straight. Steve was an eccentric. He wore a cape. a feathered hat and walked with a fancy cane.
....I know, I know but it's true. Ok, Steve was walking on the side walk one day minding his own business when Adam, the married guy, saw him. When he did he dropped the peice of glass he was about to install. Almost killing Adam. Steve rushes down to see if everybody was ok. When he came face to face with Adam they fell madly in love. Adam got a divorce moved in together to live happilly ever after. No joke..but still hilarious.
edit on 22-11-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)



Hahahahaha.... LOLLLZZZ... you know you remind me real story that I read in newspaper few years back then... Is the same case but is not happy ending though... Is about one married guy who has family and children ofcourse mybe in his late 40s or 50s. He changed his orientation all of sudden and hook up with this guy and end up being mutilated and put in the box... Damn what a freak, I guess people now are changing very fast eh... shoot, I really need to be more cautious these days... fuuuaahhhh.......



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
bible.cc...


homosexuality is in the kama sutra as inferior intercourse rear entry...homosexuality does not appear in book two the marriage manual. life and seed eggs.



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think homosexuality is no different from heterosexuality in the sense that infatuation/attraction and arousal come first and then over time love either blossoms or it does not.

Some relationships never get out of the infatuation/sex phase and deepen into love, sometimes the infatuation dissolves and the thrill is gone; sometimes it leads to a deeper feeling.

Sometimes infatuation is the begining of getting to know a person and falling in love which leads to sex, in this situation sex is usually amazing because you feel super connected to the person on all levels--physical,emotional, mental, spiritual...where as a one night stand or brief fling is only about physical pleasure/comfort, stress relief/orgasm.

Gay people are sexually attracted and aroused only by members of the same sex. They are capable of loving anyone. But just because they love a member of the opposite sex, they will never get aroused by that person.

Straight people are the same--they enjoy the opposite sex sexually, but can love any one. They just would never want to have sex with the some of their same sex.

If you find yourself attracted/aroused by both sexes and able to love both sexes you are bisexual.



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish
 


There are different kinds of Love...

The love I have for my wife, is different than the love I have for my mother, or my brother, or my pets, for example.

Is the feeling between two gay men (or women) the same feeling between a man and a woman in love? I've got no idea. I can only comment on what I've seen, and I'd have to say yes.

My wife's mother was gay, and I watched her partner (my wife's mother's partner) fall to pieces after losing her, just like a man or woman would after losing their spouse.

Do I understand gay love? No. But then, it's really none of my business, so as long as they are happy, and not hurting anyone...c'est la vie....you know?

Although, two women I get... I mean, they like the same thing I do, so I get that...



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I still contend and stand strong on "We Are What We Are Born".

Sexual attraction is chemical. We are born with a "mixed soup" chemical body. We do not choose the "mixed soup" chemical our body's are made of.

As in hetero females - - - some are "girly girls" - some our Tomboys - some are athletic etc. But their chemical "mixed soup" - - still determines which gender their body is attracted to.

As in heteros - - some have a stronger sexual appetite then others. There are Asexuals (nonsexual) who have zero to little interest in sex - - - but their "mixed soup" chemicals still determines which gender their body is attracted to.

Love? What is Love? Love is NOT the chemical sexual attraction (it took me a long time with many mistakes to learn that). It is very important to lean and know the difference.

Love is a sharing/commitment behavior IMO.

Lasting Love is more about a commitment to a common goal.



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I still contend and stand strong on "We Are What We Are Born".

Sexual attraction is chemical. We are born with a "mixed soup" chemical body. We do not choose the "mixed soup" chemical our body's are made of.

As in hetero females - - - some are "girly girls" - some our Tomboys - some are athletic etc. But their chemical "mixed soup" - - still determines which gender their body is attracted to.

As in heteros - - some have a stronger sexual appetite then others. There are Asexuals (nonsexual) who have zero to little interest in sex - - - but their "mixed soup" chemicals still determines which gender their body is attracted to.

Love? What is Love? Love is NOT the chemical sexual attraction (it took me a long time with many mistakes to learn that). It is very important to lean and know the difference.

Love is a sharing/commitment behavior IMO.

Lasting Love is more about a commitment to a common goal.


About zero sexual, that's really relatives.... maybe he/she not attracted because they are attracted to certain person only... another thing is that because I think they get numb because they way over extreme or non at all, not because they have zero sex... that's why as I stated in my earlier post, there are those married guys who suddenly change his orientation???? anyone wondering why??? My wild guess would be he got numb with normal relationship because oversexed, and that numb feeling lead him to adventure the new sensation.... But oh well it's not a happy ending for him I guess... I wouldn't deny that arousal can be happening anywhere, when we see someone that are attractive we are arouse, but there are boundary that we need to keep sometimes.... obviously, else how can we work with another people we encounter... because many people may turn us on, but circumstances are not allowing us to do so.....

I do agree on your opinion about LOVE, LOVE is not LUST.... is totally different thing.... is compassion, commitment, and care... Where you would stand on the line to protect someone you care by any means.... even if it cost your life.

Good post Anne




posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelion
 


People DO NOT change their orientation.

They may be in denial and living a life to fit into a certain acceptable society - - - but their birth orientation was always there.



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish
 


Someone will have to explain to me what PAN sex is?
I have never heard of that one before and it kind of creeps
me out,I keep thinking of skillets and cooking utensils.



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
asexuality.com?

Are you sure you got the name right?

Funny idea though.


.ORG not com xD



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by darkredfish
 


Someone will have to explain to me what PAN sex is?
I have never heard of that one before and it kind of creeps
me out,I keep thinking of skillets and cooking utensils.


Lol thats what I thought too.
Pan sex means you do not SEE sex, you will court men and woman, but fall in love with the person, not the sex. You dont recognize that there are two sexes, you just ignore them I guess.



posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish
 


Ok,I misread the opening post and didn't quite grasp
the meanings on the side.I kept thinking to myself,what
is pan sex?



posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Zelion
 


People DO NOT change their orientation.

They may be in denial and living a life to fit into a certain acceptable society - - - but their birth orientation was always there.




Then how you explain the phenomenon that are happening, the post that I wrote earlier is a true story, it shocked the whole country for the moment.... actually there are lots of people who are changing, most probably because they are over (extreme if you will) and they get numb... in order to get the sensation back they try different things.... who knows... No offend, but I believe it is possible..... is not because denial, life is dynamic my friend and nothing static...



posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by darkredfish
 


Someone will have to explain to me what PAN sex is?
I have never heard of that one before and it kind of creeps
me out,I keep thinking of skillets and cooking utensils.


Haha... I think that's just a new definition or new term... after all we can see now lots of terms are being introduced.... I guess so.... hahaha... maybe a new style where they include kitchen utensils in the act....



posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by darkredfish
 


Ok,I misread the opening post and didn't quite grasp
the meanings on the side.I kept thinking to myself,what
is pan sex?

I remember watching a documentary about people falling in love with inanimate objects, can't remember the name, but this is an example of what I seen.

Woman plans on marrying a rollercoaster ride
edit on 24-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelion

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Zelion
 


People DO NOT change their orientation.

They may be in denial and living a life to fit into a certain acceptable society - - - but their birth orientation was always there.




Then how you explain the phenomenon that are happening, the post that I wrote earlier is a true story, it shocked the whole country for the moment.... actually there are lots of people who are changing, most probably because they are over (extreme if you will) and they get numb... in order to get the sensation back they try different things.... who knows... No offend, but I believe it is possible..... is not because denial, life is dynamic my friend and nothing static...


You see, you can not change your orientation for ONE SIMPLE REASON:

Gay men's brains = Symmetrical
Womans brains = Symmetrical
Lesiban womans brains = Asymmetrical
Mens brains = Asymmetrical

Unless you are planning on reviving the tradition of lobotomies, you cant.



posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by satron
 


Thats called omnisexual, pansexual is not recognizing sex when considering a HUMAN mate.







 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join