It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions Please: If you had access to a real telescope, what would you look at?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I hear what you're saying. Thanks for the input.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfeit
reply to post by Frira

I hear what you're saying. Thanks for the input.

You are welcome.

I have a bias about astrophotography that compels me to make a suggestion: Eye candy is for the eye and you can always buy better pictures than you can take.

You have a few minutes to let what your eye sees to begin rearranging brain cells to redefine what awe and beauty and wonder are. Let it-- and to heck with the camera.

There are times, when looking through an eye-piece (and always only in black and white), that I KNOW I have been changed-- made better for the experience. The Great Nebula of Orion was my first, but there have been many.

What a cool gift.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Get a good look at Uranus and see if you see anything strange..........

(oh god i couldnt help it)

also, Id love to look into some of the area of Orions belt that ancient aliens people rave about

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I suggest you have a good look at the Orion Nebula.

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Wow thank you for that centering thought. I may have lost track of the bigger opportunity here but I am going to benefit greatly from the efforts of your response. Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Get a good look at Uranus and see if you see anything strange..........

(oh god i couldnt help it)

Just last night, watching Futurama...

At the "smelloscope"
Professor Farnsworth: "I'm sorry Fry, but astronomers renamed Uranus in 2620 to end that joke once and for all."
Fry: "What's it called now?"
Professor Farnsworth: "Urectum."
www.comedycentral.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nupster
Definetly moon, check 1 or 2 of the apollo missions landing sites, get some photo's of the flag, rover tracks, other equipment around the site and the stand left behind when they left moons surface in their module.

Then check some other spots like the huge "plasma bubble" crater or the tower on the moon, i dont know the lattitudes and longitudes for these spots.

image of the plasma bubble

this picture seems to have the coordinates included, tower on moon

Also the location and existence of this alleged ancient alien ship on the moon

edit on 22/11/2011 by Nupster because: (no reason given)

Dont listen to this even the Hubble cant see the flag. It cant even see the Lander.

The Hubble can resolve objects around 300 ft across on the Moon!

Also its a crater not a plasma bubble and you wont see any towers because they dont exist!
edit on 23-11-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Don't know if I'm too late on this but I'd take a nice look at the moon and Jupiter.
The moon because I always find myself staring at it at the night sky, just something about it I guess.
Jupiter because honestly it scares the crap out of me for some reason and it fascinates me at the same time, had a few dreams where I was somehow floating in space and went right into it.
Really creepy.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the 30 minutes you get to use it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join