It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An MSM attempt to ridicule the concept of ufology??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I read an article yesterday about a widely observed "shooting star" within South East Queensland Oz, on the website of a major MSM news provider.

Even though there are many witnesses to the event, unfortunately even with the encouragement of the website for readers to email them if they have any, no images are known to be available.

Courier Mail

Nice tactic MSM, now you have the all clear to go about distracting the general public's thoughts away from anything not desired.

South East Queensland Astronomical Society vice-president Julie Straayer said her club had been observing the object from Bracken Ridge last night. "It's more than likely a piece of space junk because of the colour, but it was a sizeable piece and it took a long time to move," she said.

Expert testimony - complete.... (it may have well been "a piece of space junk" though).

Then within their "related coverage" area they have a legitimate article about the upcoming Geminid meteor shower.

Geminids meteor shower

Scientific proof - complete.... (that, perceived anomolies in the sky are explainable - nothing to see here).

Further in their "related coverage" area they seem to covertly attempt to ridicule the concept of ufology.

They offer a slideshow with the title being "UFO invasion: Fact or fantasy?".

Nice tactic again MSM, put the reader in a bind.

It has one or two interesting shots, yet mostly debunked images and known hoaxes with a couple of total no-brainers.... if you think slide 10 is worthy of a face palm, well slide 24 is hysterical - and check out their disclaimer below it!!

Ufo slide show

Ridicule the concept of ufology - complete.... (general public dumbed down and dare not mention "UFO").

Thanks for reading

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It does not appear to me the MSM was attempting to riducule UFO believers...simply supplying a possiable explanation with what appears to be someone with expierance in the matters of astronomy providing a viable explanation.

Seems you have already made up your mind as to what ever it was and would cast aside any reasonable idea other than green invaders from Andromeda. Facts are that a meteor shower is about to take place and facts are the anomaly could have been a piece of space debris.

Without any evidence to date that points to green men from Andromeda but more than ample evidence of space debris and meteors it seems a logical conclusion to come too...simple to still classify the event as a UFO.

This is not misinformation or even an agenda on the MSM's part hjust one possiable explanation of a abnormal event. If the same paper printed a story that it was green men from Andromeda I am sure you would be the first person to offer it up as PROOF in your next thread. Why not quit attempting to paint every explanation as misinformation and accept as what it is just another possiable explanation

Since most of the evidence supplied is at best questionable and worst outright fraud what do you expect to show as evidence. I have yet to see any picture of any UFO that was not out of focus...miles away from the camera...and total fraud from within the believer community itself so can you blame them foe the pictures of examples they provide. The fact is they are talking about it and that is a step ahead as far as I am concerned.

I believe it is arrogant of us to believe that we are the only life forms in the universe but to date I have seen zero evidence that shows any other life forms and a makority of the threads on ATS do not help the subject what so ever especially when people draw lines around rocks on pictures of the moon and claim it some mega structure being hidden from us

edit on 11/22/2011 by DJMSN because: add

edit on 11/22/2011 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

It has one or two interesting shots, yet mostly debunked images and known hoaxes with a couple of total no-brainers.... if you think slide 10 is worthy of a face palm, well slide 24 is hysterical - and check out their disclaimer below it!!

I think the people that come here and refuse to even investigate any reasonable explanations before jumping to "it's ET and you are a disinfo agent, how much is NASA paying you?" are the ones discrediting UFOlogy.

Actually, anyone confusing UFO and intelligently controlled craft piloted by Aliens, is also doing a disservice to the community at large.

We know for a fact meteors and other debris come into our atmosphere constantly, some big, some small. In fact, if you go outside, pour water on your roof and place a bucket under the collection spout, then use a magnet on the "dirt" you'll find in there, you'll actually find several micrometeorites, it's almost a given.

We know these things come at us and we know what it looks like.

We have zero solid evidence of "et", so when one sees a "ufo" the LOGICAL and SCIENTIFIC method dictates we prove what it isn't.

That said, some of that article might come off condescending if you have closed your mind to the possibility that was merely a meteor, and have closed your mind to the possibility that most UFO sightings have an earthly origin.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

It does not appear to me the MSM was attempting to riducule UFO believers...simply supplying a possiable explanation with what appears to be someone with expierance in the matters of astronomy providing a viable explanation.

I respect your opinion.

Facts are that a meteor shower is about to take place...

Above Top Secret
Check out the Author.

and facts are the anomaly could have been a piece of space debris.

I clearly state.... "it may well have been a piece of space junk though".

Take some time to read my reply posts to UFO threads - I'll debunk when debunking is due.

Thank you for replying.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I think the people that come here and refuse to even investigate any reasonable explanations before jumping to "it's ET and you are a disinfo agent, how much is NASA paying you?" are the ones discrediting UFOlogy. Actually, anyone confusing UFO and intelligently controlled craft piloted by Aliens, is also doing a disservice to the community at large.

I agree.

We know for a fact meteors and other debris come into our atmosphere constantly, some big, some small. In fact, if you go outside, pour water on your roof and place a bucket under the collection spout, then use a magnet on the "dirt" you'll find in there, you'll actually find several micrometeorites, it's almost a given. We know these things come at us and we know what it looks like.

Thank you for that info' - you may enjoy this....
Above Top Secret

That said, some of that article might come off condescending if you have closed your mind to the possibility that was merely a meteor, and have closed your mind to the possibility that most UFO sightings have an earthly origin.

.... and as I mentioned in my OP,

(it may have well been "a piece of space junk" though).

Thank you for replying as well.

new topics

top topics

join