It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF soldier jailed 10 days for throwing stone at Palestinian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.haaretz.com...
The soldier was caught on video which is why he has been jailed for ten days. When a Palestinian child is caught throwing stones or even suspected of doing this his or her punishment is much, much worse. The settlers, according to a group of palestinians were also throwing stones at a shop, but because there was no video of it they remain unpunished as.the testimony of Palestinians are worthless without compelling evidence such as video. Even if there was video of settler actions such as this they would normally go unpunished as an "investigation" would show they were provoked. I should note that it is unusual for an IDF soldier to do this.However quite often the IDF standsby while settlers commit terrorism against the Palestinians.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
He got jailed for 10 days? Don't they get promotions for that kind of thing in Israel?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is relevant, internal crosslink to a thread unfortunately relegated to hoax :

4 Israeli Soliders pose with Palestinian girl they just arrested
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread774789/pg1

Among 3 valid and reliable sources 1 is Haaretz. Not fresh headline though.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I thought it was WW4 that was sopposed to be fought with sticks and stones? Just get a gun, it works alot better!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't see why everyone is so surprised. Many around here hate Jews and Israelis in particular. Others just hate the Israeli politicians and policies. Fair enough. We all have our opinions.

Whatever those opinions may be though, the fact is Israel has one of the most professional and highly trained military forces on Earth. They haven't won every war against them with odds as high as 4 different nations AT ONCE any other way.

Israelis would already be swimming if their military weren't as solid as they are, so I hope no one sells them short. It doesn't shock me at all that some idiot soldier throwing a rock got the proverbial book thrown at him for it. Israel's leadership would be in a really bad position if some buck private chucking a rock and hurting or killing the kid of someone very important starts the next 'uprising' and regional war. That's just a pragmatic reason...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
A Palestinian would have been executed on the streets..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

of course he was sent to jail he threw a rock
if he'd shot the palestinian he would have gotten a medal.

new topics

top topics

join