It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transocean May Be Banned from Brazil Offshore Operations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
With 10 rigs currently operating off of the coast of Brazil this could impact the world's largest drilling contractor as well as Chevron, the operator of the lease due to the recent spill of 5,000-8,000 gallons (119 -190 barrels) of oil into the Atlantic Ocean.

Transocean also owned the Deepwater Horizon, leased by BP which gushed 4.9 million BARRELS of oil in to the Gulf of Mexico. (42 gallons of oil per barrel).

Only in the US are we still saying "Drill, baby, drill!"

Transocean and Brazil Spill May Be Banned

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

I understand there is also large disagreement over how big the actual spill is? Brazilian sources are saying it is far far larger than that admitted by Chevron.

It would also appear that if at fault they are likely to face enormous fines and costs (think BP).

Good says i. Hopefully all other nations will follow a similar plan when there are spillages in their own territories.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) today reports that while its subsidiary, Chevron Brasil Upstream Frade Ltda., has not received formal notice from Brazil’s National Petroleum Agency (ANP) suspending its drilling license, the company has voluntarily suspended its current and future drilling operations, offshore Brazil. The voluntary suspension includes the company’s permitted pre-salt wells in the Frade field with the exception of current plug and abandonment activities. The suspension is indefinite. Chevron acknowledges, however, that ANP has posted a notice of suspension to its website.

Chevron

I agree! More companies need to start handing out heavy fines and refusing permits to those companies who could care less about what they do to our environment.

new topics

join