It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of enslavement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
(Caution: graphic and disturbing images, please don't open unless you are prepared...for mature adults only.)

We are slaves.

The truth is all around us. It stares us in the face, but we are programmed to ignore it. We don't make our own decisons, we accept the decisions that are made for us. It is painfully obvious, and we are willing servants. This earth was meant to be our paradise, instead it is our prison....

I have no doubt that the majority of people would give just about anything to help another in need. However, on a daily basis we go about our lives like cattle obediently following the directions of our superiors. We play the game that has been created for us, and we think that its just the way it is. We complain about taxes, jobs we hate, politics, corporate greed, dishonest governments, the powers that be...yet, we comply. Why is that? Is it our drive to protect one's self that motivates us to sink or swim, or is it something else. What compels you to fall in line?

I have a recurring dream about standing on an long dock on the ocean. At the end of the dock I see a woman holding an infant. She is holding the infant over the water. I scream out to her in vain. As I begin running down the dock towards the woman she drops the baby in the ocean. I dive in the water frantically searching for the child...to no avail.

Thousands of innocent children around the world die horrible deaths each year. While we debate sports and politics, religion and money, others are truly being tortured. Are we ignorant to the harrowing realities of others? No, we are not...we just choose to ignore them in preference to the inconveniences of our own lives. I mean, gas prices really are atrocious.

Many of us feel like we have no choice. We have our own families to worry about, admittedly. For millions of people, however, the world is truly a hell on earth. The medical field is dominated by massive pharmaceutical companies which constantly manafacture billion dollar treatment drugs instead of focusing on cures. The energy companies stomp out less lucrative alternative energy sources in favor of cash cow fossil fuels so they can continue to line their pockets. Governments pander to these corporate machines in order to access massive funding for their own selfish desires. The list goes on and on.

The tragedy lies with the true victims. Where is our humanity? When do we stand up for our fellow man? This isn't the way things have to be. This isn't the way things are supposed to be? Or is it? Perhaps we are mere receptors eagerly recieving our marching orders from those who broadcast them.

This thread isn't about any one particular horror. Just the realization that this world is so torturous for so many, yet, we sit idly by watching it happen. Change is hard, noone wants to self sacrifice in order to make things better. Better of just quietly talking amongst ourselves, then actually doing anything about it. I'm by no means suggesting a violent uprising, just saddened by the predicament we find ourselves in. I have a good friend...a financial advisor for a large bank. He thinks he is living the good life. Thats the trap, trade so many possibilities for a life of serving the higher ups. Go ahead, work 50 hours a week, so that you can waste hard earned money on shiny material items. Because it just those distractions that keep you from seeing the truth. We are shallow, non-thinkers, who question nothing because it doesn't help us in our "pursuit of happiness". Afterall, happiness is enlarging your savings account and buying a nicer car, right? I mean, those will be the wonderful memories satisfyingly hold dear on our death beds right? Better to be obedient than to step out of line and become one of the victims oursleves, I guess. Meanwhile, slowly, our world continues to deteriorate.....

edit on 21-11-2011 by lambs to lions because: posters request

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Nicely written and a straight-shot into the heart of the matter. First two pics are pretty tough to look at, but that's part of the point I know.

The 99% percent--me--we--got it pretty good. And some don't believe there's war in heaven...and hell on earth.

It's with a heavy heart that I S&F.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
so who are you saying is at fault, the slaves or slaveholders? oh yea thanks for the more than graphic pics of dead/dying children. you're like a freekin bad commercial. in my opinion if you are enslaved than wth are you supposed to do? complain is about all a slave can do. its up to other slave owners to change policy.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Your post reminded me of the people standing on the side lines watching in horror as the police sprayed pepper spray at the sitting defenseless protesters.

Nobody stepped in, nobody tried to stop them.................nobody had the guts.

Very good opening post.

The reason the few control the many is because the 99% allow it.

To simply allow evil, to quietly stand by and not actively resist or come to the aid of another being kicked when they are down is in a sense condoning (allowing) the evil to continue and flourish.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

Leaving it up to the slaveholders to change policy? Really? You must be a glass half full kind of person. Go back to sleep, sorry I disturbed you.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I agree with most of all you said and I respect your intent. That said, you need to provide some disclaimer or notice for the photos you are presenting off site. Those are not family, work, healthy photos for people to view without at least a little warning.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You are pretty much correct,we pretend the third world does'nt exist and make excuses as to ignore them.we are all fragments of the same thing,read "The Key" by Whitley Strieber and all of what you saying you will find addressed.
I was recently in the Philippines and saw first hand how poor they are in general,i have given many thousands for surgery for members of my wifes family as the government do not give medical care to their citizens.They also do not give free education so if you cannot afford to send your kids to school they will not get an education and basically will be slaves to those with an education as they are not allowed to emigrate unless they have a collage degree unless special circumstances arise,so they are purposely locked in poverty.
The world is a slave state,you're correct on that in my opinion,we are a fallen race and live fallen lives,the world is changing though and the masses are beginning to dissent against that that suffocates them.
2012 will be a huge catalyst in the history of man,i think the Arab spring in particular is a sign of what is coming all around the world.
You have a great heart to bring this up,i think about the same subject often.Peace.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yeah, its sad because I feel like we almost have to have something catastrophic to wipe the board so we can start all over. I would much rather see humanity come together to accomplish something great. We have the ability to cause change in a peaceful unselfish manor. Sadly, ability alone never accomplished anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by southbeach

Seeing it first hand must have been heartbreaking and I'm sure life changing.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Can't argue with anything that your saying. I hate it when everyday people from my hometown complain about the economy. Like we have it sooooo bad in America. If we all could find it in our hearts to live a little bit below our means and help others with what we have left over, the world would be a better place. Do people really need 7 story houses with 15 bathrooms, an inground pool, and a goddamned hot tub? It's effed up the kind of sickening luxury some people live with while there's kids that look like the one from the first pic.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I understand. I wan't trying to upset anyone, just trying to remind people that there is a true suffering in this world and if we were to really 'feel' for one another then we may be compelled to act on behalf of others in need. Certainly, if someone were to show up at your front door in such poor condition you would do anything in your power at that moment to help them. I really feel like as individuals we are magnificent as a whole, why is it that as a group we are so unremorseful?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Meanwhile, we fill our houses with expensive material items that are worthless. We trade our precious time and energy for worthless items.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There is no assurance that humanity will wake up even if it had to start over all again. The greed and fuss with wealth is embedded in our blood and nothing is going to suppress it as of now. The only way is to seclude oneself from society and all material needs to gather spiritual knowledge and be detached. It will bug you as long as one bows to the world's suffering and happenings.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

I imagine that it may not be the first time we have started over only to destroy everything all over again. But you are right, as far as I can tell, greed seems to be a dominant force in each and every one of us.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think about this all the time.I think the only things I could do is give away all my money to charity and become a missionary/aid worker or something.What I could get done wouldnt scratch the surface.I think charities are the biggest problem.They make it seem ok to treat people in need like poorly fed animals.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Unfortunately, giving all your money to charity would make much difference. It would be noble for sure, but the problem is so large. Corporate America doesn't want us to donate our money. They want us to spend it, and keep it tied up in interest. Greed is at the center of all evil, and there is no money in charity, cures, or clean energy. Human sacrifice is alive and well, just not in the form that we associate it with.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
We are constantly being directed towards a state of fear and isolation via education and the media. We are told to like things on FB, buy a new car, see your doctor about a new prescription. Maybe that will assist your assimilation.

Self reliance is a tool that can help one break away. Spiritual growth and getting to really know yourself is even better. Ask the universe why you are here. For what purpose has the creator placed you on this planet at this particular time? Why have you placed yourself here?

If you were to visit this planet, not knowing much of it's history or the story of it's people, how would you see them? Do they wish to be controlled? Are they really free? I see a theme that has been played out for quite some time now. The same groups have set out to conquer and control the free inhabitants of this planet. Where once great diversity existed, now people just sit around. They are easily lead by paper made on a machine or by digits in a computer. They stifle their dreams and creativity for security and comfort. Yes they are slaves, do with them as you will for they have given up their will long ago.
edit on 21-11-2011 by starshift because: correction

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

Well said, I couldn't agree more...

The question is what is behind it all? Demonic presence? Innate evil in the human condition? Survival of the fittest...meaning a drive for self-preservation?

Is there some force at work behind the scenes orchestrating the dominance and control of the bulk of the world's population? If so, is it an intelligent force, or just chaos at work?

The more I think and see, the more I the hand of evil at play, pulling our strings like some malevolent puppeteer. The great deception in action here on earth. We have forgotten our past, and forgotten our divinity. Discipline, Faith, Unselfishness, and Courage are not encouraged, but frowned upon. I don't pretend to have all the answers as to who or what God is...but I do believe in a higher power for good.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Damn, those pictures are going to give me nightmares.

I recently found something that reinforces what I already knew: Psychopaths tend to rise to the top. Not only that, they want to surround themselves with other psychopaths. And I mean that literally. Take a look at this:

thegrindstone.com...

In journalist Jon Ronson's new book The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry, he writes that CEOs are 4 times more likely to be psychopaths than the general population. Are you shocked?

The clinical definition of psychopathy is "a personality disorder characterized by the inability to form human attachment and an abnormal lack of empathy, masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal."

I urge you to do a search on this book, and at least read the reviews. They're extremely enlightening.

To prove this, he went looking for real-life psychotic CEOs--one of whom is now-retired "Chainsaw" Al Dunlap. While CEO at Sunbeam, he was known for absurd levels of cruelty. He seemed to literally get off on firing employees, he didn’t attend his parents’ funerals, and he once told his first wife that he "wanted to know what human flesh tastes like." Dunlap himself even admitted to traits that might fall within the psychopath tier, but he considered them to be positive. And, surprisingly, the more "ruthlessly" he behaved, the more the prices of shares in Sunbeam soared.

Although Dunlap is an extreme case, Ronson points out that it’s evidence that the "way that capitalism is structured really is a physical manifestation of the brain anomaly known as psychopathy." But he’s also quick to mention that this doesn’t mean that every CEO out there is a psychopath or even capable of psychopathic behavior.

Again: "The way that capitalism is structured really is a physical manifestation of the brain anomaly know as psychopathy."

Like the typical woman in-jeopardy-tormented-by-psychopath we see so much on TV, we, the ordinary decent people of the world, just want our own regular, decent, peaceful little lives. We want cooperation and calmness, and our own life dramas to be lightweight and small and, above all, resolvable. We don't want to be constantly pushed and pulled and manipulated and threatened and crushed by psychopathic personalities--but it's OK, 'cause they don't mind doing all that work: It refreshes them! They enjoy it!

But the question is: How do we make it stop? Look around you at all the political philosophies and points-of-view: We can't even agree on what the root cause of the problem is! It's not going to go away on its own. Individually there's all but nothing we can do. Only when enough of us agree where the problem lies--and STAND UP--can we do anything useful about it. That day's not here yet....
edit on 11/22/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

There is something more at play. Why are the oppressors of our divinity so driven that they have pursued this agenda for generations? What is the energetic result of a planet's inhabitants enslaved through technology and medication? What will the neighbors think?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join