It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus has been laughed at and even spit on before, so if it makes you feel better about yourself, then by all means - laugh.

What you quoted - it's him. You listed only verse 3 from 13 - in verse one he explains that a time is coming , that a fountain of living water will be opened up to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and they will be CLEANSED FROM SIN AND IMPURITY.

That's how you can tell if Jesus is doing the talking. You have to be cleansed internally for him to indwell.

I wasn't laughing at Jesus...

Only at the notion that Jesus was speaking through these men... perhaps me being a prick isn't the best way to go about it...

Sorry

Lets move on to the next chapter then.

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

This is Jesus as well? Saying hes going to gather armys and do battle, make slaves, and rape women?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus has been laughed at and even spit on before, so if it makes you feel better about yourself, then by all means - laugh.

What you quoted - it's him. You listed only verse 3 from 13 - in verse one he explains that a time is coming , that a fountain of living water will be opened up to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and they will be CLEANSED FROM SIN AND IMPURITY.

That's how you can tell if Jesus is doing the talking. You have to be cleansed internally for him to indwell.

I wasn't laughing at Jesus...

Only at the notion that Jesus was speaking through these men... perhaps me being a prick isn't the best way to go about it...

Sorry

Lets move on to the next chapter then.

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

This is Jesus as well? Saying hes going to gather armys and do battle, make slaves, and rape women?

Apology accepted.......

I'm not a very prolific poster, akragon, but I do like to participate every now and then and share my point of view. It doesn't mean people have to agree with it.

Moving on.

Yes, it is Jesus. He does say he is going to gather nations against Jerusalem. It's not his fault there are bad apples everywhere, who have animalistic traits that they cannot control. They are the ones who are like Cain who never mastered their evil side. His own people don't even realize the power of his spirit, so yes, he will allow others to come against his own to plunder and divide. At the last minute he will return and the second coming will have commenced.

It will be a unique day, known only to the Lord. When evening comes it will still be daylight.

It's hard to imagine isn't it? One day evening will roll around, and without a single person noticing, the Day of Lord will have slipped in. Light covering light.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Yes, it is Jesus. He does say he is going to gather nations against Jerusalem. It's not his fault there are bad apples everywhere, who have animalistic traits that they cannot control. They are the ones who are like Cain who never mastered their evil side. His own people don't even realize the power of his spirit, so yes, he will allow others to come against his own to plunder and divide. At the last minute he will return and the second coming will have commenced.
What does Jesus have to do with Jerusalem?
All this stuff happened a long time ago, Jerusalem and the destruction of it by the Romans.
Jerusalem is not God's city and Jesus' people don't live there.
God abandoned Jerusalem so many years after the people crucified Jesus.
Cain is not a people. Cain, if there was such a person, would have been destroyed in the flood, if we were to suppose that such mythology was somehow correct.
I don't know about modern scientists coming to the conclusion that certain races of humans are more "animalistic" and unable to control themselves. I don't know about Jesus creating armies to go to war. I don't know anything about a day overlapping another day. I think you are just making all this stuff up and for what reason I could only imagine. This looks like the work of a depressed person and I hope you find some interests to distract you from what looks like a death wish, and learn to enjoy life and not obsessing with your make believe doom of mankind or whatever this delusion of yours is.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

What does Jesus have to do with Jerusalem?
All this stuff happened a long time ago, Jerusalem and the destruction of it by the Romans.
Jerusalem is not God's city and Jesus' people don't live there.
God abandoned Jerusalem so many years after the people crucified Jesus.
Cain is not a people. Cain, if there was such a person, would have been destroyed in the flood, if we were to suppose that such mythology was somehow correct.
I don't know about modern scientists coming to the conclusion that certain races of humans are more "animalistic" and unable to control themselves. I don't know about Jesus creating armies to go to war. I don't know anything about a day overlapping another day. I think you are just making all this stuff up and for what reason I could only imagine. This looks like the work of a depressed person and I hope you find some interests to distract you from what looks like a death wish, and learn to enjoy life and not obsessing with your make believe doom of mankind or whatever this delusion of yours is.

Jesus has everything to do with Jerusalem. He came to his own, they rejected him. He told them that they would not see him again, until they say "blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord." Yes, Jerussalem was destroyed, just as Jesus said it would be but some of the prophecies in Zechariah have yet to be fulfilled. Namely, his returning to the Mount of Olives and the earthquake that will split the land providing HIS people a way to escape.

My ideologies are forumlated from the scriptures and they rarely go out of bounds. You on the other hand read God only knows what to form yours and then you have the audacity to try and make people think I am depressed and have a death wish because I quote scripture YOU don't agree with.

I'm not going to stoop to your level, so don't bait me.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join