It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War crimes tribunal tries Bush, Blair in Malaysia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by Carseller4
Think private citizens convicted of bogus crimes by a foreign tribunal.

Yeah...that will stick.

Bush Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

acually this is a ligitamite senior war crimes tribuneral recognised by the world court
i dont understand how a crime is not a crime if you are a bush?

these are very highly respected judges in a recognised international criminal court

wake up

xploder

Pax Romana

The US government is too stubborn to admit to any mistakes, let alone convict it's former leader as a war criminal. It's an unfortunate fact of our society, but Bush will never be tried nor imprisoned by the current system.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Warcrimes/Crimes Against Humanity trials can be held in absentia. I don't even think that the US has to be signatory to the Rome Statue to have personnel charged under military tribunals. If the US disagrees, on what basis would that be considering that they hold farcical "military tribunals" for "enemy detainees".

The only problem here is the American "Hague Invasion Act." The US government has already made it clear that they will not allow any American to be held for warcrimes/CAH and will retrieve any American in the Hague by any means necessary. On top of this, US has forced various countries to agree to a bilateral treaty ensuring that such countries would not capture Americans and send them to the Hague, or face cancellation of aid (or other diplomatic ties).

and yet extra ordinary redition is already common place in america and other countries around the world,
i do not condone rendition but if it is used by america already how can you say it should not be used aginst america?

xploder

Because the US will scream bloody murder if international law is ever applied to them and will use force and subversion to protect their interests.

There's a lot of US politicians from the Bush era that should hang at the Hague for what they caused through deliberate design, but in even letting one American go through a trial it will expose the US for being accountable for its actions and dramatically weaken it on the international level. They would never allow it, because they think that they are above the law.

US only backed the ICC at first so it could use it, like sanctions are used as a weapon for economic warfare, as a geopolitical device to meddle in the affairs of other countries (Serbia/Yugoslav Republic being a good example). The US never intended to allow themselves subject to the ICC because they always knew that their personnel could be tried there.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Americans are above international bogus courts, especially if it has anything to do with the UN.

They are barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry, you're wrong.

This is a showcase, ''mock trial''. It means absolutely nothing. In fact, it's a complete waste of everyone's time.

Also, I don't want to be an absolute arse, but the Hague is in the Netherlands, not Germany.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry, you're wrong.

This is a showcase, ''mock trial''. It means absolutely nothing. In fact, it's a complete waste of everyone's time.

Also, I don't want to be an absolute arse, but the Hague is in the Netherlands, not Germany.

thank you for the correction

and if the american people were given the evidence would they not demand justice be done?
if the american people decided the only way to remove this sort of behaviour was to make an example for future presidents to follow im sure most would understand this needs to be done for the future of piece

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry, you're wrong.

and if the american people were given the evidence would they not demand justice be done?
if the american people decided the only way to remove this sort of behaviour was to make an example for future presidents to follow im sure most would understand this needs to be done for the future of piece

xploder

The evidence would never be presented in the US. And if it did, it would be dismissed as nonsense.

We can't convince people with solid evidence that Casey Anthony or OJ broke the law, you think they're gonna buy that Bush committed a war crime?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I remember conversations regarding it in 2004/05 when was in malaysia visiting friends.. they had been in the early stages of it then.. Going to have to make some calls later maybe can find out more been awhile since last spoke with them.. Thanks for posting the info..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Unlikely. It depends on how it was ''sold'' to them.

If $$$ were in the offing for ''demanding justice'', then most of them probably would support it. On the other hand, if ''demanding justice'' wasn't one of their favourites on the latest prime-time reality show, then they probably would be vehemently against it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I say Guilty on all counts, and I haven't even read the charges. I don't have to, because based upon what I DO know, they are both guilty of mass murder among other crimes.
Send them to Guantanamo where they will NOT be tortured, so we can find out what they know. Who did they take orders from?
Then send them to Iran for the punishment phase. Strap them to the nuke facilities.
Hell yes.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
reply to post by XPLodER

what does it mean..... ?

what? would THEY come and get him?? them??

is it binding??

first i've heard of this....

as far as i can tell,
if this legal preceedings can establish guilt without a reasonable doubt,
and the american govenment refuse to investigate,
this will be bought to the world international criminal court at the hauge in germany
if tryed there extradition is garenteed if again convicted,

if the american govenment refuse extradition they will lose extradition rights from the countrys who have judges on the international pannel

i am still trying to find more info

xploder

Can.You.Guys... For-Once and For-all stop confusing us Dutchies with Germans?! Even in movies, characters that are supposed to be Dutch speak GERMAN! It's really getting sickening! No offense to you buddy, I guess it's just your bad luck to be the last drop but seriously, get your facts straight please!

The Hague is our political capital and is very, very much in Dutch territory.
Dutch, As in Holland... Red-White-Blue... As in the country West of Germany, North of Belgium and East of Great Britain. As in The Netherlands... Amsterdam is our Capital City. You know... As in windmills, legal weed and prostitutes. That's Holland and that's where The Hague (Den Haag) is located.

We know we're a small ass country but we at least try...

IT--

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

But, the hauge is in Germany.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was looking for the Onion Network logo...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

i apoligise for any offence as i intended none,
i guess i should have cheacked that detail more closly.

i can now say that i will never make the same mistake again
you got through

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldcoin

reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry, you're wrong.

xploder

The evidence would never be presented in the US. And if it did, it would be dismissed as nonsense.

We can't convince people with solid evidence that Casey Anthony or OJ broke the law, you think they're gonna buy that Bush committed a war crime?

The evidence isn't secret, and there are Americans who want to see actual trials.

Seriously, read this book to start if you don't believe me: Cowboy Republic (by Marjorie Cohn)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Way to go Malaysia WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!

Ive been surprised on quite a few occasions to find that the political system in my adopted country seems to be a lone voice of reason as far as international politics is concerned.

Often things like free trade, IMF, Big business are spoken about by power players (Prime ministers included) over here and I sometimes think they must be members of this forum.

Do we really need anymore evidence than what has been freely admitted
"were going in to get all those biological weapons and WMDS"
3 months later
"ummm... yeah.... our bad.... they didnt actually have any but since were already here we may as well keep going like they did"

Great symbolically but do I think anything will actually happen because of this? Unfortunately not

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ive just noticed this is in Skunkworks

Why?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Ive just noticed this is in Skunkworks

Why?

Because it smells?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Made it to AP wire too.

November 15, 2011 2:11 AM

Symbolic 'war crimes' tribunal to try Bush, Blair

www.cbsnews.com/8301-501712_162-57324770/symbolic-war-crimes-tribunal-to-try-bush-blair/

(AP) KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malaysian-led activists will hold a symbolic trial this month for former President George W. Bush and British ex-leader Tony Blair on charges of committing crimes against peace in the Iraq war, the event's organizers said Tuesday.

The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal is an initiative of Malaysia's retired Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, who staunchly opposed the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

The tribunal will convene a four-day public hearing starting Saturday to determine whether Bush and Blair committed crimes against peace and violated international law in the Iraq invasion, said Malaysian lawyer Yaacob Hussain Marican.

(...)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by semqutx

thank you for the secondary source,

i think if the presidents of countries were held to the same standards of those they wish to command,
then prosicutions would proceed.

xploder

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by semqutx

The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal is an initiative of Malaysia's retired Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad,

Yes, he knows all about "show trials", remember the show trial of Anwar Ibrahim? He also hates jews.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join