It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War crimes tribunal tries Bush, Blair in Malaysia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

War crimes tribunal tries Bush, Blair in Malaysia

beforeitsnews.com

A War Crimes Tribunal in the Malaysian capital has begun its hearing against George W. Bush and Tony Blair, charging the former officials for the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, Press TV reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

the ruling elected officials think they can get away with war crimes, but this might show that even after retirement they can still be held accountable for war crimes, the comur rouge leaders proberly thought the same thing, they are now on trial will blair and bush be in such a tribuneral before long?

very well presented evidence against torture war and war for profit
i hope this gets some attension to remind leaders of today are the defendants of tomorrow
if convicted would the american people demand an investigation or will the govenment prove it beleives it is above the internation law it trys to hold above other countrys

press tv link

edit on 21-11-2011 by XPLodER because: add utube video

edit on 21-11-2011 by XPLodER because: add more links

edit on 21-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
there is a video of an international pannel following the rule of law and international law and are carrying out an acual war crimes tribuneral.

this is the first time i have heard of the war crimes of british and americans being tryed for world level crimes against humanity and a two year investigation seeks to prove criminal actions of leaders are not immune from prosicution

i will try to embed the utube video

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
... Press TV reports.

Beforeitsnews is clearly the second hand source, as they themselves state.

The ACTUAL news article is here at presstv

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

what does it mean..... ?

what? would THEY come and get him?? them??

is it binding??

first i've heard of this....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
reply to post by XPLodER

what does it mean..... ?

is it binding??

Not binding...for show only.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

from what i can gather this has real ligitimacy within the international comunity,
america is a signatory of the human rights convention and the un conventions.

this means that if found guilty a group of nations would (if convicted) say that crimes against humanity are real crimes and will be tried in the real world

i hope bush and blair get to share a cell in an iraqi or afgani prison

justice be done

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh man. Please let them have some teeth.
Bush and Blair (and their cohorts and paymasters) need to be bitten bad.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

... Press TV reports.

Beforeitsnews is clearly the second hand source, as they themselves state.

The ACTUAL news article is here at presstv

thank you very much i am still trying to find opinions on what actions can be undertaken if convicted

ta i have added to the op
xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Good Show Malaysia..
Its about time bush and co. were tried for their crimes..

Malaysia Boleh !!!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Oh no they forgot Kissinger. Will they ever see a day in prison NO should they YES. TPTB would be willing to get us all killed to protect those two and others.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
reply to post by XPLodER

what does it mean..... ?

is it binding??

as far as i can tell,
if this legal preceedings can establish guilt without a reasonable doubt,
and the american govenment refuse to investigate,
this will be bought to the world international criminal court at the hauge in germany

if tryed there extradition is garenteed if again convicted,

if the american govenment refuse extradition they will lose extradition rights from the countrys who have judges on the international pannel

i am still trying to find more info

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
At least a good footnote for history's sake. Would hate for those war criminals to go down in history as mere "misunderstood rulers handling difficult decisions".

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

from what i can gather this has real ligitimacy within the international comunity,
america is a signatory of the human rights convention and the un conventions.

this means that if found guilty a group of nations would (if convicted) say that crimes against humanity are real crimes and will be tried in the real world

i hope bush and blair get to share a cell in an iraqi or afgani prison

justice be done

xploder

yep its in full accordance with international law.. and its long overdue..
edit on 21/11/11 by Expat888 because: typo..grr english..too early..need more coffee..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Think private citizens convicted of bogus crimes by a foreign tribunal.

Yeah...that will stick.

Bush Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
looks like christmas came early this year however if they add kissinger to the named above that would have to be the fairy on top of the tree........

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Warcrimes/Crimes Against Humanity trials can be held in absentia. I don't even think that the US has to be signatory to the Rome Statue to have personnel charged under military tribunals. If the US disagrees, on what basis would that be considering that they hold farcical "military tribunals" for "enemy detainees".

The only problem here is the American "Hague Invasion Act." The US government has already made it clear that they will not allow any American to be held for warcrimes/CAH and will retrieve any American in the Hague by any means necessary. On top of this, US has forced various countries to agree to a bilateral treaty ensuring that such countries would not capture Americans and send them to the Hague, or face cancellation of aid (or other diplomatic ties).

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Think private citizens convicted of bogus crimes by a foreign tribunal.

Yeah...that will stick.

Bush Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

acually this is a ligitamite senior war crimes tribuneral recognised by the world court
i dont understand how a crime is not a crime if you are a bush?

these are very highly respected judges in a recognised international criminal court

wake up

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Warcrimes/Crimes Against Humanity trials can be held in absentia. I don't even think that the US has to be signatory to the Rome Statue to have personnel charged under military tribunals. If the US disagrees, on what basis would that be considering that they hold farcical "military tribunals" for "enemy detainees".

The only problem here is the American "Hague Invasion Act." The US government has already made it clear that they will not allow any American to be held for warcrimes/CAH and will retrieve any American in the Hague by any means necessary. On top of this, US has forced various countries to agree to a bilateral treaty ensuring that such countries would not capture Americans and send them to the Hague, or face cancellation of aid (or other diplomatic ties).

and yet extra ordinary redition is already common place in america and other countries around the world,
i do not condone rendition but if it is used by america already how can you say it should not be used aginst america?

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Malaysia has spent the last several years researching the applicable international laws and documenting the evidence.

They've put alot of hard work into it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Malaysia has spent the last several years researching the applicable international laws and documenting the evidence.

They've put alot of hard work into it.

the rule of law is being followed by the letter,
this is to ensure a fair trail under international law

i agree some of the top prosicutors in the world have spent alot of time varifying the charges

would americans demand justice?

xploder

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join