It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My short rant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This will be one of the shortest rants in ATS history.
I have a problem with the OWS supporters who tag people as trolls if they don’t back the movement. Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean I’m trolling, it means we have different opinions. Am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
I have a problem with the OWS supporters who tag people as trolls if they don’t back the movement. Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean I’m trolling, it means we have different opinions. Am I wrong?

No...I don't think you are wrong. I have noticed there have been many times on ATS (within the last 6 months)....that (of course) many people will disagree with someone....or even agree with someone else....and someone will come along and label them a troll.....when the person is not a troll at all....they are just simply stating their viewpoints.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Exactly, isn't it all about voicing your opinion?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

sorry,, i thought this was a "Short-Rant"

about Short people..

THAT i would have flagged.

BTW what is a troll ? and is it JUST a name people call you... or does it HARM us in some way??

edit on 11/21/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
No offense, you are entitled to your opinions..

I know "troll" has changed to be a general insult and many people don't understand what it truly means now.. But this thread is the definition of trolling.

Carry on!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

really? why?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I don't think everyone may know what a website troll really is....trolls will place (off-topic) comments in threads.

If a person agrees or disagrees with the subject matter.....that does not make them a troll.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No. Those who label you as a troll are idiotic, or just trolls themselves. I don't mind if you don't support the movement unless you just watch Fox News and think all the protesters are hippies. Apart from them people, you have a point of view I won't ridicule, I'll debate with you though. Each to their own opinions of course.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

You think trolls are short? (you know they aren't real.......right?)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

so by trying to be funny.. outside of a topic.. hmmm

i do see how even I may have Trolled... but never to hurt another member..

sometime i may try to FORCE a smile..
but i try to stay on topic.. mostly.. kinda.. sorta-ish

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I love the pig.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
keller,

Trolling is posting with the intent of provoking an emotional response from your target.

Starting a thread about OWS supporters whining on a site like ATS is trolling.

Then again, so are a lot of other threads. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that's what trolling really is. It's like an Athiest posting a thread on ATS "PROOF THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST - IN YOUR FACE CHRISTIANS" or the chemtrail folks posting the thread "THE REASON YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN CHEMTRAILS IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE MADE YOU STUPID."

This thread is admittedly a few notches below those examples, but nonetheless the title is going to draw OWS supporters in, and the OP that puts them all in the same category could be the inflammatory comment. This thread is trying to elicit a response from a specific group (or could easily be seen this way) and is therefor trolling. Again, I don't care either way. =D

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I don't think everyone may know what a website troll really is....trolls will place (off-topic) comments in threads.

If a person agrees or disagrees with the subject matter.....that does not make them a troll.

Sure, this is one thing "troll" has come to mean..
But look at the word. When you go fishing what do you do? You troll. You put your bait in the water and hope something bites.

Trolling is really to make comments with the hope of getting a strong response out of the opposition.

Keller, now that you know the true definition of "trolling" maybe people weren't labeling you a troll because you have a different opinion, but due to the manner in which you expressed it?

And a fact - we're all guilty of it. Every one of us. Who here hasn't even written a comment designed to get a strong, emotional response out of their opponent? It's human nature to be a troll.
edit on 21-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think the Troll label comes up especially in threads about subjects like Chemtrails, where everyone's already got an opinion...

People creating the "LOOK AT THESE CHEMTRAIL/UFO PICTURES!" threads don't like doubters to come in and state their case because no one's mind is going to change on the issue - either you've already bought in to it or you probably aren't going to

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
don't worry,it will all be over soon! big brother let the sheeple believe they had a chance for a bit. now its time to shut them down! valiant attempt though,now its time to think about what should be done.quit your robot job,stop paying taxes learn to be self sustained,fall off the grid and get mad! look at all the revolts in history!
this ows was a joke in my opinion. it barely got mentioned on the news except for a filler story in between the weather & sports! people are too complacent. ' ya i'll revolt,but ya better not f**k with my plasma tv!'
the french revolution worked (for a bit) but they had to behead the king!
in alexandria,when ptolomy was 'pharoh',the hellenistic jews that fled there were called 'the ones who go after the smooth things" by the real jews of isreal.
most of us demand the 'smooth things' now! wake up sheeple,they have you were they want you. slaves who are blinded by 'smooth things' and don't really care about whats really going on all around them!
as long as they can huff their fabreeze all day long,carrots grow at walmart,and their kids are normal,cause their fat,dumb,and play video games all day like normal kids.
a day of reconing is coming,one way or another!
be ready!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Of all the trolls I would have to say that the Evil Clown is the worst.
Luckily none have been able to survive around here.

David Grouchy

Flame Warriors, by Mike Reed: Evil Clown

top topics

join