It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: Occupy Your Mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hello, and good day to all. First of all, I have no idea which forum this should be in. I have some thoughts on the upcoming year, the occupy movement, and what it all means to me (and hopefully some others out there).

I would like to start by saying this: there is a war going on right now for your mind. Some people occupy their own (think for themselves), some people are starting to "wake up" and occupy their own, and some people allow TPTB and the media occupy theirs. The inner occupation is what truly has led us to where we are today. It affects every decision we make (good or bad). It is my personal opinion (formed through a life long observation of how people act) that people who think for themselves and who prioritize the ideal of "common good" generally make better decisions than people that think they way others want them to think. An example of this is if someone watches an infomercial for some domestic product, they are told by the commercial different reasons why they "need" the product. So many people will blindly buy into this because the magic voice on the TV is telling them they need it, and in a society where fear is the ultimate tool to sell, it's extremely effective. Often times this person won't step back and think "Wait do I really need this? Why and why not?" These decisions are based off impulse and fear. And this fear is put inside our mind by others. It's not our thought. It was implanted in our mind to force a reaction. I don't naturally wake up in the morning and decide I want a snuggie. Outside forces tell me I need it. It's about time people take back their minds and own it. The physical occupation of corruptions has already begun. It's about time we occupy our own minds. Our reality will be sure to follow.

So obviously being that this ATS, many (if not all of you) are aware of the constant debate that rages on about 2012 and the mayan prophecies. There are many theories thrown around about what exactly they were trying to say (end of the world, nirubu, a new dimension, etc etc). I became interested in this concept when I first read about these prophecies a few years back. Because I had no opinion formed on it, I read up on as many different interpretations as I could. The one that really stuck out to me was the idea that 2012 marked an "awakening" for the human race, as opposed to the end of the world. This awakening is a newly formed perspective on reality and what is that really matters. This would supposedly allow us to take the next step in human evolution: the one where we all come together to form a greater good. This, for whatever reason, was predicted in a time when different human cultures were basically isolated from each other. But they predicted that by now, we would be able to unite as one collective group, and essentially become one. Now this may sound like a stretch, but this collective mind is something that our world has never seen. Now I will provide some evidence that I have seen to prove this is happening right now:

-We are technologically advanced enough that we can now truly "connect" to anyone in the world. The internet has done wonders to allow people from all over the world to communicate and brainstorm on different ideas, offering all different kinds of perspectives on whatever topic is at hand. Cultures have been blended and people have a good idea of what else is out there. We are all connected.

-People have begun to "wake up" all over the world. This personal awakening has generally involved a shift in one's priorities from those forced upon you by capitalism, money and the media to personal and moral priorities. For me, this spiritual shift has been the single most important change I have ever made. I struggled with depression my whole life before I was awakened, but these feelings are completely gone now. And I know with 100% certainty that they will never come back. There is a distinct control over my emotions and feelings that I never had before. It's hard to articulate, but in general my outlook is much better than is was before and I feel like every aspect of my life is better because of it. I am also much more open to new things, and new ideas. I consider all aspects before I make a decision (or at least I try to). Logic now reigns supreme for me.

- People are uniting all over the world. OWS has shown that the desire for a common good has begun to transcend racial, social, religious. political, economic, sexual lines alike. This awakening discriminates no one, and benefits everyone. This is only going to grow.

- People have expressed a general feeling that "something big is going to happen." You can see it all over ATS. I have the same feeling. And I think this is it. Whether it be some sort divine cycle, or coincidence or something else, the world is changing, fast. Somehow the Mayans knew this would happen, and many of us are starting to discover it for ourselves. For me, this discovery more or less just happened. It occupied my mind. It wasn't told to me. It wasn't forced on me. And it's still there. And it won't ever leave.

So I end by saying, occupy your own mind. This is the next step in human evolution, and the Mayans predicted it many years ago. You are the creator of the reality you want. 2012 will be an amazing year. Thanks for reading.
edit on 21-11-2011 by seberhar because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
First off, good post! I enjoyed and agree.

Second, and more importantly....why do I need a snuggie ??? I hate infomercials and commercials in general. I grew up watching commercial free tv, it was so awesome....in between the tv programs instead of commercials they aired information about health, history, community announcements, safety tips, and educational information.

Third, The idea that there is a shift going on and it could be an awakening is possible. I think as things get worse and worse for people on a material level, when people lose their homes, their possessions, their standard of living they have to look deeper inside themselves and explore the spiritual or internal part of them and do the ugly work of questioning their priorities,their belief or lack of belief, their mistakes, their sins, then a new spiritual dimension opens and this is when awareness kicks in.

Things will have to get much much worse first I am afraid. It is always darkest before the dawn, and only when humanity has truly suffered, just like Christ suffering on his cross, only when humans are truly in the worst condition possible will they learn from their suffering and the veil will be lifted. I am not Christian, but I think the example of Christ suffering on the cross is a good symbolic way to explain how suffering can lead to transformation.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Unfortunately it took me going through the worst part of my life to experience this as well. It was more than worth it though.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I really enjoyed your post OP, thanks for taking the time to share your feelings on this matter.
I have been thinking about this lately too, and it took a bit of soul-searching to put stock into this concept, as I tend to put all of my faith in science and reason and I don't get much into the metaphysical stuff.
Regardless, I've done a lot of reading on the 2012 stuff and different theories regarding it.
And I actually kind of believe, as you stated, that there may really be an actual tangible shift going on that is not 100% the work of humanity's actions as of late. The only thing I've really been able to come up with that doesn't completely betray my faith in scientific explanation is the notion that there may actually be some science to the idea that the cycles of the cosmos do in fact effect humanity's consciousness and/or behaviors. Something that the ancients really could tell by way of studying astronomy and mathematics? It sounds hokey, so the whole idea is pretty easily dismissed as a folktale or pseudo-science, but who knows? It doesn't help that my astrological zodiac sign fits me TO A TEE, in the most frightening of ways
Again I have never really bought into that too much, but it does really make you wonder.

Either way, I'm pretty excited to see how 2012 plays out in regards to the directions that sects of the human race take.

Then we'll be left debating: Did these shifts/changes/awakenings/whatever happen BECAUSE the world was tense and eager to see what 2012 would bring and anxiety regarding such made people trigger-happy (so to speak)?
Orrr... Vice versa? Was it really the year?

Fun to think about

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

Thanks for the reply! I agree that logic and science should reign supreme, but part of that is an understanding that there is so much out there that we haven't learned. Part of my belief is based off of what I have seen and things I have read online. And part of it, I'll be honest, is just a gut feeling. I can't quite explain why I got here. But you know the feeling you get when you learn the truth about something you don't understand? It's a relieving, empowering feeling. That is the feeling I get when I think about my personal awakening. It just feels right.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

You claim to be for thinking for oneself, but then you go on to demonstrate that you have bought in to the New Age con. People on ATS like to claim they are open minded, but in many ways they are just as much sheople as the ardent followers of the MSM. They buy in to alternative theories simply because they're alternative. 2012 is the perfect example of this. There are tons of theories regarding 2012 out there, but the one that seems to have the fewest supporters is the true one. That the Mayans didn't say anything about 2012. Instead of doing actual research into Maya cosmology people rely on the likes of Arguelles, Calleman, and Jenkins to provide them with a completely fraudulent look at the Mayan belief system and because they present an alternative theory their work is the stuff that gets passed on. At the same time you have legitimate researchers like Johan Normark and David Stuart get ignored because their findings are that the Mayans didn't place any emphasis on 13.0.0.0.0 despite the fact that they have read the primary sources and in the case of monuments like Tortuguero Monument 6 even provided the original translation.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Condescending tone aside, I appreciate your comment. So you're saying there is no evidence that the Mayans said anything about the year 2012? Because they're calendars don't support your claims at all. By many calculations their long count calendar ends on 12/21/2012. There have been many ideas about what this means. And some people's interpretations are that it is supposed to signal a spiritual shift. And I gave evidence to support why I believe this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You have yours and I have mine.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

And just to add on, I think your idea of thinking for ones self is flawed. I can hear what someone else says and believe it. That doesn't mean I'm not thinking for myself. To me, thinking for myself is taking in everything I hear, see, smell and feel and forming an unbiased opinion on it. And in this case, that's exactly what I did. Not sure what your point was by calling me a hypocrite. Because if you are saying that because I bought into what some people said, then yes I did. But so did you if you believe what those other researchers say. I only stand corrected if you did the actual on site research yourself (but I don't think I'm going out on much of a limb by guessing you didn't).

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

New-agey or not, I don't know what's so terrible about buying into the idea of some kind of mass awakening in 2012. Yeah, could very well be a modern man-made myth, maybe even a money-making scam, but if you put stock into the theory that the global consciousness effects the future (because the more that people expect something to happen, the more likely they are to encourage it to happen), there are much worse theories to buy into. I'm not saying that 2012 is going to bring a rapid evolution to DNA or whatever the theory is, but what if the whole thing was a hoax but so many people eagerly awaited this 'awakening' that everyone perked up and became very quick to encourage signs of an 'awakening' in their neighbors, optimistically sharing info and positive thoughts? Could a real positive change of some kind come from it, just from people believing in it?

It's possible, right?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Here are some facts about the Long Count. There are no examples of the Long Count from the Classic period that end after 13.0.0.0.0. There are examples of Long Counts from the Classic period that extend past baktuns and in to piktuns. The very way the Long Count is structured means that it was never intended to have an end. The entire 2012 mythos comes from a combination of a single page of the Dresden Codex that has no context and the Popol Vuh, a post-Columbian document that has significant Christian influence. Everything outside of this has pretty much been made up by New Age authors and eschatologists looking to cash in. A big indicator that most of these authors have no idea what they're talking about is that whenever they show a picture of the "Long Count" what they're actually showing is the Aztec Sun Calendar.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that people on here claim to be open minded, but then only get their information from alternative sources. This is no different than just listening to mainstream sources. They both have their own biases and agendas. Now you say that when you researched 2012 you took an unbiased look at it, but did you actually read the work of people like Stuart, Gronemeyer, and MacLeod or did you exclusively look at the work of people like Arguelles, Calleman, and Jenkins?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You do realize that if I believe what you're saying, I wouldn't be "thinking for myself" per what you said earlier right?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I haven't looked into the ones you mentioned but I will now. Thanks. Sorry I got a little too defensive when you said I wasn't open minded. I have that tendency. I'll do some research and come back.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
OP...I enjoyed your post. It seems heartfelt and truthful.

Pay no attention to the term "New Age" that has been a maligned term to scare people away from their self discovery.

to excalibur254...do not fear being labeled. Understand yourself. Just know that the ones that hold on the hardest to the old systems, will be the ones that go through the toughest transition. There is something in the air...at least that you must admit! It is everywhere.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
First off, good post! I enjoyed and agree.

Second, and more importantly....why do I need a snuggie ??? I hate infomercials and commercials in general. I grew up watching commercial free tv, it was so awesome....in between the tv programs instead of commercials they aired information about health, history, community announcements, safety tips, and educational information.

Third, The idea that there is a shift going on and it could be an awakening is possible. I think as things get worse and worse for people on a material level, when people lose their homes, their possessions, their standard of living they have to look deeper inside themselves and explore the spiritual or internal part of them and do the ugly work of questioning their priorities,their belief or lack of belief, their mistakes, their sins, then a new spiritual dimension opens and this is when awareness kicks in.

Things will have to get much much worse first I am afraid. It is always darkest before the dawn, and only when humanity has truly suffered, just like Christ suffering on his cross, only when humans are truly in the worst condition possible will they learn from their suffering and the veil will be lifted. I am not Christian, but I think the example of Christ suffering on the cross is a good symbolic way to explain how suffering can lead to transformation.

I'm am not Christian or Religious at all. I, however am spiritual.

"Things will have to get much much worse first I am afraid. It is always darkest before the dawn, and only when humanity has truly suffered, just like Christ suffering on his cross, only when humans are truly in the worst condition possible will they learn from their suffering and the veil will be lifted."

You have knowingly or unknowingly made the connection. If we have learned anything from the life of Christ or the Christed one is the process of life, suffering and death, resurrection and ascension....the very same things we are going through on a global scale!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As far as the 2012 hype goes, I am not saying on dec 21 2012 some magnificent event will occur, I think it will mark the begining of a new age in a very subtle way...to most it will seem normal, but when we look back in our history we will be able to roughly gage that things took a turn either for better or worse sometime around 2012.

I think that humanity is being pushed to extremes and it is like a overinflated balloon, it has to pop sooner or latter. I also see this a time of awakening for all of us but especially the under 30 crowd who are learning some really tough lessons, but if they successfully navigate this difficult period might come out of this as one of the greatest generations in US history, or they can fudge it up, learn nothing and be the ruin of our nation as we know it.....

Hey, hey no pressure young guys!!! I mean, it's not like we older people aren't counting on you to lead the way in innovation or anything...it's not like we are hoping that you will use all the creativity and skill and talent to create things that America can be proud of...to take us to the next level.

It reminds me of the silent generation that grew up during the great depression and fought in WWII. They got the sh#t stick during the depression, but they pulled it all together, fought a war and came back and were successful. Things are crazy right now, but I have faith that we can pull it together just like our great grandparents did.

I hope that no matter how hard things are now, one day we can look back and realize all the things we have learned. It will only make us grateful for all the good things that we do have and I think it will make us focus on what is really important in our lives.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seberhar
reply to post by Mijamija

Unfortunately it took me going through the worst part of my life to experience this as well. It was more than worth it though.

Often it takes being in a very dark place before we see the light. "always darkest before the dawn" is a specific symbolic understanding of this concept.

I call it being lost in the forest. See when I was a little girl we lived in a isolated location. I used to go play in the woods and get lost in the forest a lot. But no matter how lost I was I always found my way home. I look back on it now and wonder how the heck I did not get killed, but something was protecting me....or I just got super duper lucky. I think I was protected by a universal principle, but that is another topic.

When I got older I was still lost in a forest but it was the forest of my own creation......it was not until I lost someone I truly loved did I realize how far I had strayed off the path. I looked around and did not even recognize the face in the mirror, the person I saw I hated, and i had to accept responsibly that it was my fault this person was no longer in my life. It was a horror show, I was sickened by myself and I suffered greatly.....but just when I felt like I could not take the pain anymore, something changed. I can't describe it but I think you might understand.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
Second, and more importantly....why do I need a snuggie ??? I hate infomercials and commercials in general.

Oh c'mon, now you're taking it too far, everyone needs a snuggie!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No more TUBE! Screw the "MSM" who are fast losing ALL cred.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Ok, truth be told everyone DOES need a snuggie......but I am sure that the shark steam vac is not a necessity!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join