It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Spies Caught, Fear Execution in the Middle East.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I was reading about the US spies who have been found out. The general concesus of this story seems to be proaganda because why would we just release this kind of information to the public?

Not only do we state that we are spying. But the article also explains that they will die, and nothing can be done to save them. I was informed that this news was everywhere today. including regis, and other morning shows.

In a significant failure for the United States in the Mideast, more than a dozen spies working for the CIA in Iran and Lebanon have been caught and the U.S. government fears they will be or have been executed, according to four current and former U.S. officials with connections to the intelligence community. The spies were paid informants recruited by the CIA for two distinct espionage rings targeting Iran and the Beirut-based Hezbollah organization, considered by the U.S. to be a terror group backed by Iran. "Espionage is a risky business," a U.S. official briefed on the developments told ABC News, confirming the loss of the unspecified number of spies over the last six months.

Original Article (yahoo news)
edit on 21-11-2011 by rudeboyrave because: re-subject

edit on 21-11-2011 by rudeboyrave because: more info

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rudeboyrave
I was reading about the US spies who have been found out. The general concesus of this story seems to be proaganda because why would we just release this kind of information to the public?

In a significant failure for the United States in the Mideast, more than a dozen spies working for the CIA in Iran and Lebanon have been caught and the U.S. government fears they will be or have been executed, according to four current and former U.S. officials with connections to the intelligence community. The spies were paid informants recruited by the CIA for two distinct espionage rings targeting Iran and the Beirut-based Hezbollah organization, considered by the U.S. to be a terror group backed by Iran. "Espionage is a risky business," a U.S. official briefed on the developments told ABC News, confirming the loss of the unspecified number of spies over the last six months.

Original Article (yahoo news)
edit on 21-11-2011 by rudeboyrave because: re-subject

wait a sec, are they spies or assets?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
From what i read it looks like 2 networks of US spies. A station in Iran and a station in Lebanon have been compromised and the spies that work for our CIA will be murdered/tortured! Could this just be a reason to start bombing?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rudeboyrave

"Espionage is a risky business,"

So , they knew the risks and they will be vaporized in a second. No one is going to know where they are.

No one really knows if this is true or fiction. Because the source is yahoo.
edit on 21/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

article was kinda misleading, calls them spies but then says they were recruited from in country and paid to inform.....How would we treat a citizen caught by the FBI selling information or working for iran? The death penalty is still applicable to treason in the US.

I'm sure this is intentional, but it still isn't clear after re-reading whether it is our folks or theirs that were caught, maybe both. Regardless, this was a true screw up to loose not one full network but two, and I think you might be right that this could be the real root of the recent violence.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
article was kinda misleading, calls them spies but then says they were recruited from in country and paid to inform.....

That is, by definition, a spy.

How would we treat a citizen caught by the FBI selling information or working for iran? The death penalty is still applicable to treason in the US.

I don't think we've executed a spy since ... the Rosenbergs? Usually spies are tried for espionage--not treason--and given a long time-out somewhere like ADX Florence.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is how they found them! crafty little boogers eh?

Backed by Iran, Hezbollah has built a professional counterintelligence apparatus that Nasrallah - whom the U.S. government designated an international terrorist a decade ago - proudly describes as the "spy combat unit." U.S. intelligence officials believe the unit, which is considered formidable and ruthless, went operational in about 2004.

Using the latest commercial software, Nasrallah's spy-hunters unit began methodically searching for spies in Hezbollah's midst. To find them, U.S. officials said, Hezbollah examined cellphone data looking for anomalies

AP - Source article

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Alot of people are already aware of Iraqi MEK working from inside Iran, as for Lebanon.....perhaps same and those from another country.
edit on 21-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

link does'nt work

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I found a ATS link for story that was started earlier.

ATS

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's some wild speculation for you -

What if these spies or assets or whatever were exposed clandestinely by the USG? What if the goal was to have them exposed, executed, and the spark so much American outrage what we all get on the war boat like we did in `02?

Horrible? Yes. Possible? I think so.

The waters are so murky with this story that my mind can't help but imagine the various scenarios that led to and will come as a result of this. Waiting for more information.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I don't think so. These agents were only the working ants, the little guys.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I don't think so. These agents were only the working ants, the little guys.

Yeah.. I understand (as much as is possible with the information we're getting) who they are..

I'm saying the SOP for getting us all riled up isn't working. Terror plots, IAEA alleging Iran is working on nuclear weapons, etc.

Wondering if these so called "spies" are going to pay the ultimate price as part of the agenda - this would definitely get some Americans all pee'd off at Iran. We could all blindly march in to war like we did in Iraq/Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I believe thats the law in many countries. If thy knew the consequences of thier actions then I am sorry to say, so be it. People that smauggle drugs often face the same comsequences.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Espionage can occur at all levels of society. It is a pretty strange article, looks like propaganda to me!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

the unit, which is considered formidable and ruthless

Yeah, like bill hicks's (is that right? s's?), Elite Republican Guard

(part is about 4:50 min in)
How convenient...

edit on 21/11/2011 by drakus because: Multimedia changed my life!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If Iran is smart, they will just imprison them. On the other hand, they did not think it through what it would do for their public opinion to openly execute gays either.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

The neat thing about being the Supreme Leader of Iran is you don't have to worry about public opinion. You have all the guns.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
First thought: Good!

Second thought: But they are people with families too.

From one angle it could be a setup to provoke war or American outrage (but if all of the CIA's dirty tricks were common knowledge the masses would be outraged and disgusted at our government.) A "false flag" if you will.

From another angle it could be that these spies and assets are finally being held accountable and other countries aren't going to take it anymore. The US has been the aggressor and world bully in far too many wars, actions, etc. This is what needs to happen. Full accountability for the intelligence services needs to happen before we can get out from under the thumb of the Illuminati/PTB.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rudeboyrave
I was informed that this news was everywhere today. including regis, and other morning shows.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Regis's last show was before this story broke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join