It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia makes it illegal to write about being Gay..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The bill was proposed by the dominant United Russia party and passed Wednesday by a 27 to 1 vote, with one abstention, in the first of three required readings. It calls for a fine of up to $1,600 for “public actions aimed at propaganda of pederasty, lesbianism, bisexuality, and transgenderism among minors.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

The main push is to prevent kids from being submersed to the "propaganda" of the Gay movement...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The bill was proposed by the dominant United Russia party and passed Wednesday by a 27 to 1 vote, with one abstention, in the first of three required readings. It calls for a fine of up to $1,600 for “public actions aimed at propaganda of pederasty, lesbianism, bisexuality, and transgenderism among minors.”

The main push is to prevent kids from being submersed to the "propaganda" of the Gay movement...

Among minors.. Promotion of..

So it's legal to be gay and to write about being gay in Russia. It's illegal to write "propaganda" aimed at promoting these acts aimed at minors.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Putin probably believes that Homosexuality is a decadent, western disease and it does not effect men that fight with bears and bend iron bars with their teeth

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What are they thinking? Out of sight out of mind?
This is absolutely ridiculous

How did this slip through the cracks? In this day and age I didn't think it was possible.

They fine "public actions aimed at propaganda of pederasty, lesbianism, bisexuality, and transgenderism among minors.”, will they consider homosexual couples strolling down the street propaganda and fine them just because kids might be in the area?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
LOL Hey atleast america isn't the the worlds only super power about 30 years behind in civil rights...

I mean GEEZS i guess i just don't get the big deal.. Men and Men. Women and Women. Men and Women. Were all people.

Really.....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's just another dividing tactic, alienating people from themselves and the people they should be close to, and instead forcing them into a mold.
edit on 21-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Let me ask you guys something..

Are you parents?

Do you want people writing literature promoting a gay lifestyle and distributing it to your kids?

I don't care if my kids turn out gay or straight - I'm ok with whatever. But I wouldn't want them to have free access to literature that promotes a gay lifestyle until they have reached a certain level of maturity.

This isn't a ban on homosexuality, or even WRITING about being homosexual. This is a ban on literature targeted at teens.

Before you condemn it, ask yourself if you think this information should be available to your kids. I sure don't.
edit on 21-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hmm I just don't think kids reading something will "make them gay"

Reading sure didn't make me straight

edit on 21-11-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I don't care if my kids turn out gay or straight - I'm ok with whatever. But I wouldn't want them to have free access to literature that promotes a gay lifestyle until they have reached a certain level of maturity.

This isn't a ban on homosexuality, or even WRITING about being homosexual. This is a ban on literature targeted at teens.

Before you condemn it, ask yourself if you think this information should be available to your kids. I sure don't.

I don't understand what you object to.
Kids are surrounded by straight influences and literature all the time, it doesn't change the kids that turn out to be gay straight. So why or what part of it do you feel uncomfortable about?
No innocence of childhood is lost by letting kids know gay people exist and it's okay to be gay. No harm done at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I don't understand what you object to.
Kids are surrounded by straight influences and literature all the time, it doesn't change the kids that turn out to be gay straight. So why or what part of it do you feel uncomfortable about?
No innocence of childhood is lost by letting kids know gay people exist and it's okay to be gay. No harm done at all.

I don't think they are trying to hide from kids and teens that gay people exists - they are trying to prevent exploitative literature and events. For the record some of my best friends are gay. My oldest and most trusted friend came out in Jr High School. I'm not homophobic by any means. If the goal is to hide adult material, either images or words or acts, from the eyes of younger people, I see no problem with that. For consistency's sake you should know that I also don't agree with overly graphic displays or writings about heterosexual relationships either.

Have you ever been to a gay pride parade? I have, like 8 years in a row. I'll tell you right now that I wouldn't let my kids go until they are old enough to see some of the things that go on there. Scantily clad drag queens making out isn't something I want to expose my 10 year old daughter to. That's all I'm saying. I believe in everyone's right to expression and personal choice, but I also think that groups can be insensitive and there is no problem in my mind creating rules to make sure these groups act responsibly.

So anyway, a lot of people are really over reacting to this assuming that it's a ban on gay people when it's not. The OP's title is misleading, but a quick perusal of the attached article should clear that up.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Well the sad story is that most kids in Russia is that they are Homosexuality
even a priest came out stated dont be upset that most kids of ours are or have a feeling of Homosexuality.

I think i saw an article of it, i guess this one of trying to prevent it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

what are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I agree young kids need to be shielded as much as possible from adult related issues like sex.

To raise young kids awareness of homosexuality within society as being a normal thing doesn't require the use of sordid language.

Gay parades don't go past schools do they?
What's that got to do with teaching kids in school about gay people?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

what are you talking about?

I was talking about an article i saw about homosexualy in Russia and how a priest was condoning parts of it sorry if i didnt post it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I agree young kids need to be shielded as much as possible from adult related issues like sex.

To raise young kids awareness of homosexuality within society as being a normal thing doesn't require the use of sordid language.

Gay parades don't go past schools do they?
What's that got to do with teaching kids in school about gay people?

I was just trying to show you an example.. It's an extreme example, maybe, but I wanted to illustrate a situation where this law would be a positive thing. There are some things in the gay (and straight) community that definitely shouldn't be viewed by children.

I don't know that schools should "teach about" gay relationships, but maybe just acknowledge their existence and legitimacy. I still believe the most important education a kid gets is from home, and it's a parent's choice what and when they want their kids to know about.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder if they ban homosexual propaganda shouldn't they also ban heterosexual propaganda. It would be fair. Their is a whole lot more hetero propaganda out there than homo. If you don't beleive me turn on a tv or walk past a churh.
edit on 21-11-2011 by stinavamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

Yes. I am so sick of seeing these Young Adult novels like Twilight rubbing their heterosexuality in our faces. We get it, you're straight (and you love vampires)! Shut up about it, no one else cares!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinavamp
I wonder if they ban homosexual propaganda shouldn't they also ban heterosexual propaganda. It would be fair. Their is a whole lot more hetero propaganda out there than homo. If you don't beleive me turn on a tv or walk past a churh.
edit on 21-11-2011 by stinavamp because: (no reason given)

We live in a Heterosexual society. Don't get me wrong I tolerate homosexuals(tolerate means I don't like them, I don't accept them, I tolerate them up to a very fine line), but that said this is our civilization and we aren't going to give it up.

This is why I am against gay marriage. Give gay's an inch and they will try to outlaw heterosexuality. If it ever becomes a "them or us" moment, it won't take long to decide how I feel.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Finally, someone who respect God.
I'd take Gays and Lesbians and sent them to the America,since you Americans love them so much.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

LOL Hey atleast america isn't the the worlds only super power about 30 years behind in civil rights...

Wow, you see something like this and THATS your response? You know America isnt perfect but were damn sure not that far behind on civil rights......

You see something like this where people are GENUINELY held back, and other countries like Africa where there are gov condoned killings of gays, and your response is ANTI AMERICAN?

A place where you can have gay dance clubs

A place where you can have gay pride parades

A place where in some states you can INDEED get married

A place where if you are committed a crime against, the perps get worse time because its a hate crime

There are TONS of countries out there that would love to have the Civil Rights Americans have here......

Give me a break
edit on 10-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join