It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Defense Minister: 'Time has come' to act on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Israeli Defense Minister: 'Time has come' to act on Iran

news.yahoo.com

The "time has come" to deal with Iran, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Sunday, refusing to rule out military action to curb the Islamic republic's nuclear ambitions.

"People understand now that Iran is determined to reach nuclear weapons," said Barak. There is "no other possible or conceivable explanation for what they have been actually doing. And that should be stopped."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It may be a bad time or a good time for him to be in charge of an attack while currently visiting the U.S....

Sorry for the choppy video, but only a short clip is available on CNN:

The look on his face when Fareed asked him about the explosion in Iran last week that killed a senior Iranian general was clearly that of a man who knows more than he's leading on.

News reports came out this weekend, in regards to that blast , quoted the generals brother stating he was in charge of over-seeing the creation of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

TEHRAN, Iran — A senior Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander killed in an explosion at an ammunition depot last week was testing an intercontinental missile when the blast occurred, his brother was quoted by a government newspaper as saying Saturday.

www.washingtonpost.com... N_story.html

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-11-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe it is time to act!
On Israel.
Let's put the spotlight on Israel. Let's go to the U.N. with our grievances. What country is really threatening to lead us into WWIII?
Yes, it is time for US to act.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Who will be Colin Powell now ?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
it's time the world stop letting that rabid dog israel run around loose..

biggest threat to world peace is israel. how many more must die at israeli hands before the world says enough ?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Russia will respond if Israel attacks mark my words, if look at the map Iran is close to Russia.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Russia will respond if Israel attacks mark my words, if look at the map Iran is close to Russia.

Proximity has nothing to do with anything. U.S supports Israeli and Australia and they're a world apart lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Consider that Muharram, 26 November - 25 December 2011 is the first month of the Islamic calendar. It is one of the four sacred months of the year in which fighting is prohibited. (en.wikipedia.org...).
Hold on to your hat's ppl.

Also consider that the moon phase on the 26th will be waxing crescent i.e. dark skies:
lunaf.com...
edit on 20-11-2011 by creatives because: to add more detail

edit on 20-11-2011 by creatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Russia and Israel are allies whether it is known or not. Stalin did not bail Israel out in their War for Independence for no reason. Sure times changes, but that relationship has not changed. Iran is a relationship of convenience for Russia.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

The US owns the UN and Israel owns the US.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Shame that the green revolution was beaten down by the mullahs and their bassiji thugs, or that Obama refused to give them any support - because regime change is the only thing that can prevent disaster here.

Iran has obviously prepared a whole series of mega terror attacks, in order to push a teetering western world over the brink of collapse, once they have managed to force Israel to attack them - they need that as religious justification for 'holywar' and to bring their Mahdi back.

As for Israel the moment they attack, there will be very large barrage of missiles coming from Hezbollah Hamas and probably Syria, maybe Egypt as well - these are now able to hit their major population centres. I have little doubt that the Iranians are trying to render Israel vulnerable to another combined attack from the Sunni Arab armies - Israel will be compelled to use it's nuclear arsenal against them.

I think if Israel does attack - then it would also have to preemptively attack Hezbollah etc as well - which would be politically disaterous for them. On the other hand if they just sit and wait - the Mullahs will inevitably use nukes against Israel at some point, especially if they are on the point of losing their grip on power.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

That is the whole problem with all these calls for pre-emptive attacks on Iran. I understand that there could be a problem that the Mullah's will consider themselves martyrs which is why they would do something stupid like set a nuke off in another country, but at the same time if Israel or the US pre-emptively attacks Iran then it gives Iran and it's allies a reason to attack.

They just need to monitor Iran extremely close. If Iran moves first in that sort of direction it then the world would have no choice but to respond to Iran's action with extreme hostility and of no consequence.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Once Iran has the bomb its to late, I think that will be any day now.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Israel can, will, and has done mostly whatever they want. If they desire to start a new war, there is little to nothing that can be done to stop them.

However, if they want to begin that nightmare, they should be left to do it on their own. The US, UK, Canada, and everyone else has no reason to back them in such a misguided undertaking. Do it on your own, or don't do it at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Israel needs to stop relaying to the world what it is going to do. It needs to inform each government that supports its action privately , and commence its operation.

I think when you need to worry about an attack is when you dont hear anything from Israel , of course i could be wrong.

They need to get in gear and get this started. The longer they wait , the more weapons that will make it into Gaza , and hezies hands.

Any of you that think Russia hasnt given Iran a few nukes would be a fool. Iran may or may not have the balls to use them if they are attacked.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I can see the future with this Iran stuff. The future is Iran gets nukes, and Israel puts tail in between legs and finds a new victim. And they will be very more bitter the second time with their new victim. Trust me and remember this.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
I can see the future with this Iran stuff. The future is Iran gets nukes, and Israel puts tail in between legs and finds a new victim. And they will be very more bitter the second time with their new victim. Trust me and remember this.

Are you sure your right, because at the moment it sounds like Israel is getting ready to bomb Iran. I don't see any tails between any legs, do you?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Until I see Israelis dramatically change their shopping patterns, all I see is huff and puff to stop us focussing on the real issues at hand. Keep that in mind. That being said, Natanyahu is sick of the protests and demonstrations on the streets of Tel Aviv who want change in Israel.
edit on 21-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It is time to react....
It is time to stop reacting all together.....
It is time to overcome all our fears.....
It is time to lay down all our arms......
It is time to become One........
It is time to start loving mankind ........
It is time to show solidarity.......
It is time to stop the hate.......
It is time to look at the big picture.......
It is time to fight the governments who support any war.....
It is time for the people to React.......
It is time not to be the sheep.......
It is time to be the wolves........
It is time stand stand up and be counted......
Reach Elightenment And Control Tempers

This is a chess games nd the pieces are in place....and it is how people react at this juncture that decides the future for us all.....do not follow your leaders any more......follow your hearts....You all know it is wrong to go around the world killing each other no matter in whos names you fight...God,Allah, the dog next door....your precious goverment.

They rob you in taxes and then go use that same money to go and invade others and kill people.....I am talking about all governments here....so for each and everyone of you out there who willingly pay your taxes you have all touched the money of blood.

It is time to React....not as individuals...but as a human race......we can stop this.....STOP paying your blood tax.

Stand up and be counted......tell your friends and family you will no longer be part of the hate.....

That will stop IRAN...IRAQ .....and all the other nations of this world that promote EVIL....CANADA,THE STATES,RUSSIA and every single other self centered government who robs you and then tells you they do this for your own good......well if you feel killing another human being is for your own good then that is a sad day for all of us us it not?.

It is definately time to REACT......IT is time to fight within your own governments and stop the slaughter.
edit on 023030p://f18Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Getting tired of all this saber rattling. Lets just send out the planes and blow up the Middle East... get it over with. Heck all those TRILLIONS we been spending on all kinds of fancy weapons, about time we use em and get some return.

We survived WWI and WWII and look at how those boosted the economy, jobs for all, money to rebuild. Lets just get WWII started and over with... heck we are already blasting em anyway.

Push the buttons, send those missiles that are getting rusty in the silos. Fire up those space lasers... send in the Drone Swarms... end it once and for all

Well yeah there will be a few casualties... colatteral damge
We have always had that in the past

Then maybe I can fly again without getting groped

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join