It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada eyes military role in Syria if diplomacy, sanctions fail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Canada eyes military role in Syria if diplomacy, sanctions fail

www.theglobeandmail.c om

Canada is prepared to join international military intervention in Syria if sanctions and diplomacy fail but says such a decision by the United Nations is neither imminent nor inevitable.

the Mediterranean region until 2013 – a ship that gives Canada an asset to contribute to a naval blockade of Syria should the need ever arise.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well this is qutie bad i never thought Haper would be this war mongerish, it seems like Harper is Israel's lapdog.

Just like Obama is.

Alot of Canadians arent happy about this, Canada wasnt a war monger nation before thanks alot Harper, Syria isnt even a threat to canada, i guess its always about profits, if so maybe then i dont mind if the russians start attacking, maybe that way the russians will give them a a taste of their own medicine.

Funny how they would be keeping there Mediterranean feelt until 2013 as if they know that the russians might do something i dobut the russians would just pass by and sit quietly that easily as they did with Libya.

www.theglobeandmail.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You know the world has turned upside when Canada is itching for a fight before the U.S. leads them there.

What is going on!?!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I posted this in BAN earlier today and it got moved to breaking political.

Canada ready to assist in Syria, MacKay says

ETA: Actually I started my thread in Breaking Political, it was a different thread of mine that got moved.

Sorry about the confusion.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Since when did sanctions work?

And to suggest we are utilizing diplomacy is disingenuous in my opinion.

I am afraid that war is looking more inevitable every day.

Don't forget that Syria is next on the list in the Project for a New American Century.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS !!

Stey the hell out of there Harper, you ****************,
and (Peter) McKay, you should drag your sorry ass back to the States where you belong... we don't want you here!!!

Sorry. This really burns me. We should be leading but doing it another way. Leading by MINDING OUR OWN BUSINESS

Screw NATO screw the UN screw Obuma. If Harper wants to help he should consider feeding millions of starving african children... do that and I might consider paying taxes again but this? No way chucklehead

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey Harper!>>>

Nice way to make Canada a target of which it never was.

Nice way to justify a sweet deal with Obama to instill the NAU for "Security" purposes.

Nice way to kill innocent people....Them AND us.

Idiot

edit on 20-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What ever happened to peaceful resolutions... oh right. Oil, greed and occupation trump peace. We all know who the world aggressor is, I think the blood everywhere tells that tale. Sad that Canada has to jump on the war machine band-wagon. We used to fight for freedom, not for occupation.

Sad to be Canadian with a warmonger at the reigns.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So we're going to end up in both Syria and Iran? Probably at the same time.

:shk:
Not cool.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't agree with almost 100 percent of what Harper stands for, but Canada has no choice to go into Syria or Iran. We can't let Terrorist states kill they're own citizens and we sure as hell can't have Islamic radicals have nuclear weapons.

If the world doesn't deal with these types of problems that threaten peace and the rule of law, then Canada may as well just start to implement Sharia law and let the radicals take over the Country.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaVillen

we sure as hell can't have Islamic radicals have nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, Christian radicals can have as many as they want.

I think all of us should have been expecting this. The Liberals made sure Harper got his majority, because, apparently, that's what had to happen. In the same way Obama had to be "elected" - and, of course, the way Hitler had to become the Chancellor of Germany at just the right time. So, I'm not surprised. The past century has gone down like clockwork.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
So we're going to end up in both Syria and Iran? Probably at the same time.

:shk:
Not cool.

I know
spread the message.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Our PM can shut his mouth basically. He's not changing our status in this world or using our tax dollars for his crapola. He can get exported.

Mr. Harper shut up!!!! THAT IS NOT HAPPENING.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Harper is such a tool.

I'm sorry but I have never seen a Canadian leader so willing to shove his head up an American President's bum.

It's like he's trying to make American decisions before America does and leaves us Canadians with a bad taste in our mouth. He does not represent the average Canadian. He's really an embarassement to us. Hell I'd rather crooked old Jean Chrétien to come back and tell them to, well you know..

In any case, this is troubling and I will be writting letters to my representatives today and the next few weeks asking they do everything possible to avoid this situation and tell Harper just plain no.

There's no need for Canadian intervention on foreign soil. We use to be a peace keeping force, the UN no longer uses our services for the betterment of man kind, ergo we should NOT participate.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

In any case, this is troubling and I will be writting letters to my representatives today and the next few weeks asking they do everything possible to avoid this situation and tell Harper just plain no.

Let me save you some time. Local representatives will clam up once you use the word "Israel", been there, done that.

Federal government?

You will, probably, get the same cut and pasted automated response affirming Canada's willingness to stand firm with Israel.

But it makes sense right? Once the US collapses, Canada has to go too, so better start ramping our budgets up into numbers we can't even fathom (under the metric system).

The US is stretched too thin, and if things keep going as they are, will have more pressing issues to deal with at home (unrest, insurrection) so Canada has to foot the bill.

Am I the only one who woke up the day after 911 wondering what crappy ass B-movie I'm trapped inside? Honestly, I basically predicted all of this a week after 911 taking with a friend. Sure, i didn't have the specifics, but I did call quite a bit of it.

From this point on, there will always be SOMETHING, a pandemic, war, upcoming war, threat of terror, whatever, we will live in perpetual fear from this point on, as a means of control.

Beyond that, I said the following countries will topple:

Iraq
Syria
Lebanon
Turkey
Iran
Egypt

Not in that order of course. Now I was a little wrong here and there, Egypt wasn't invaded or bombed, but through proxy agents, the US and Israel toppled the government.

Once perpetual war and perpetual fear starts to wear off, you'll have a massive pushback against the governments of the western nations and their actions (seeing that now)

This of course was all by design, and REX87 gets into gear in the US, rounding up potential terrorists for "our protection". And don't forget, the government has already labeled all of us terrorists.

The one thing I never, EVER predicted, was Canada taking an active combat role, against the wishes of our military, against the wishes of most of our government, and against the wishes, and best interest, of the country at large.

The reality we live in now it completely made up. history is written by the victors, and they've taken great liberties with the truth. It's almost a hopeless situation.

and now, peace loving, peace keeping, Canada is positioned to take part in a military attack that needs not be.

Pure insanity. If you needed any more proof of Israel controlling most of the world governments, well, I don't know what else would be considered proof as solid as this.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaVillen
I don't agree with almost 100 percent of what Harper stands for, but Canada has no choice to go into Syria or Iran. We can't let Terrorist states kill they're own citizens and we sure as hell can't have Islamic radicals have nuclear weapons.

If the world doesn't deal with these types of problems that threaten peace and the rule of law, then Canada may as well just start to implement Sharia law and let the radicals take over the Country.

First of all, we aren't the world. NATO is not the world. It is an international military alliance that clearly conducts war for personal gain of member countries involved.

Secondly, NATO is the biggest threat to peace and the rule of law. NATO countries have completely distabilized the middle east, killed hundreds of thousands of people, displaced millions, and bombed as much regional infrastructure as we could so we could get paid to rebuild it all in the end. To top it all off, we claim to be in the "democracy building" business but all we do is replace defeated regimes with factions loyal to us (funny how Karzai was a commander in the Northern Alliance, eh? Or how some Libyan rebel commanders were either captured before by NATO forces or shipped directly from CIA HQ in Langley). It's called the Shock Doctrine.

Third, it severely displeases me to see that there really are airheads left in my country. You believe Harper because he benefits you somehow, right? This has nothing to do with morals, just who gets what after the smoke clears. This is imperialism and the Canada that I know is not imperialist; hell, we would rather replace Harper than some leader in some other country on the other side of the world.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
While Harper is saying this, SunCor, a natural gas company, is still operating in Syria, giving natural gas to the regime.

And the sanctions against Syria of course ``excluded`` Suncor... surprise surprise.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
While Harper is saying this, SunCor, a natural gas company, is still operating in Syria, giving natural gas to the regime.

And the sanctions against Syria of course ``excluded`` Suncor... surprise surprise.

It is surreal, the games that the elite play. They will conduct wars that destroy the lives of millions and reshape entire regions of the world, all the while justifications match the profit margin.

I don't even know how this can even happen but it is not looking good for the future of our little world that we created for ourselves. When my generation succeeds to the reigns of society, we will spend it trying, probably in vain, to rectify the permanent screw ups of our current powers that be. I doubt that generations beyond my own will have it much easier.

I must ask, do you see much hope for the future or do you also think that we may have surpassed our golden years?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I must ask, do you see much hope for the future or do you also think that we may have surpassed our golden years?

Hope for the future... if people do what they have never done in the past... think for themselves. No civilization has even done that because it's too painful and it leads to a collapse of society.

So I would be very surprised. As my grandfather said a few years ago... all my life the standard of living has been going up... now we've reached the peak and it's all downhill from here...

Unless we do, as a people, what is necessary before it's too late... which has never been done, ever.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Disturbing, as a canadian I tried to tell everyone I knew about harper and his problematic solutions. He has a large history of not taking into considerations the wants and needs of average citizens.

I watched the whole election hoping that he would not get the seat, and praying no majority if he did.

Canadians are not well informed of our own political system, the average canadian know alot more about american politics than their own.

I am not sure how this will turn out. I know that our military is very respected, and behaves alot more respectfully than alot of other countries, and I hope that we do not see any further advances towards war.

I know there will be supporters because of the supposed "WMD's" that are in those areas. It is important to note that these countries have no way of attacking canada.

We will see, I hope parliment pushes against these types of movements.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join