It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Picks up Key Endorsement in NH -- Senator Kelly Ayotte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Mitt Romney has succeeded in capturing another key northeastern GOP endorsement, this one from US Senator Kelly Ayotte (R_NH).

(NewsCore) - Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) has endorsed former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination.

In an email to her supporters, cited by FOX News Channel, Ayotte said she had come to the decision after meeting the candidates, studying the campaign and giving the matter "a lot of thought."

The endorsement comes a year after Romney visited New Hampshire to support the former New Hampshire Attorney General's Senate campaign.

"I have put a lot of thought into this presidential primary and have been meeting with the candidates and carefully following their campaigns," Ayotte wrote. "I have been looking for a candidate that can lead our country based on our shared conservative principles and who can win.

"For me, Mitt Romney is that candidate and that is why I will be working as hard as I can to help him secure the Republican nomination and most importantly, ensure that Barack Obama is a one term president."

Link

This is a very key endorsement. Ayotte is the leading Republican in New Hampshire, and sits on several key committees in the Senate.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

join