It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gray bb color codes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAceSuited
You're close but still a little off. You'll notice that the background of each post forms a gradient that goes approximately from 303030 to 464646.
It's close, from 303030 to 484848.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Viewing the source code...
I don't think there is an HTML color code for the background.
I believe it's a .png file.

Basically the background is an image and the text just goes over the image....

Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

You're close but still a little off. You'll notice that the background of each post forms a gradient that goes approximately from 303030 to 464646.
It's close, from 303030 to 484848.

lol, hence the use of approximately and the disclaimer of a rough approximation on Photoshop

I copied the page and pasted it into Photoshop without catching the bottom of the box. I just couldn't be bothered to hit "print screen" again, heh.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Viewing the source code...
I don't think there is an HTML color code for the background.
I believe it's a .png file.

Basically the background is an image and the text just goes over the image....

Hope that helps.

There's still a corresponding color code for the colors used in the background. One interesting note is that the spread will always be from 303030 to 484848 (thank you ArMaP) regardless the length of the post.

So one must adjust the color of the text line by line relative to the length of the post for greatest effect.

For example, (for the sake of explanation since upper and lower borders might adjust this a bit) if a post is 100 lines in height, then the background will be 383838 at the 50th line of text.

But if a post is only 50 lines high, the background would be 383838 at the 25th line of text.

I do think I'll be creating a post in this thread to play around with the numbers.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Cool, now I can use this to put evil subliminal messages into my posts.

[color=463E3F] You will star and flag all of FortAnthem's posts. Obey FortAnthem, he is your evil overlord!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9034f2f39b8.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 11/22/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hii
! I'm new and this is my first post, yay! Anyways, hope this helps you! It's all of the shades that make up the background of the post box and then general length of them (keep in mind that the longer your post, you should do the appropriate maths to figure out how many lines will be which shade.. It will be as easy as quick and simple multiplication with lovely single digit numbers). Looking forward to seeing your new thread on this stuff. Ever since I was a kid I've been obsessed with this kind of thing.. It can be soooo much fun!

#383838 (top line of text)

#393939 (next couple-few lines of text)

#3A3A3A ( " ")

#3B3B3B ( " ")

#3C3C3C ( " ")

#3D3D3D (stays as this for at least 4 lines of text)

#3E3E3E (stays this colour for next couple of lines)

#3F3F3F (as above, so below)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I just couldn't be bothered to hit "print screen" again, heh.

lololol. 'PrtSc', 'PrtSc', 'PrtSc', 'PrtSc'... Story of my life. That's what I did to get the codes that I got which were obviously quite a bit different from yours. Plus, I was using Dreamweaver, which, regrettably is now an Adobe program as well, so I'm curious as to why we would have gotten such different results. I looked all over but I couldn't find any of your codes. That is so strange. :s ... I wonder why that would be?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

[color=413839]Sure could. Now go to all my posts and give them stars. Thank you. lol

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Maybe you could use a quote box, it has no background image, so you can just use the background colour, #505050.
edit on 22/11/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

LOL!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
[color=463E3F]

This color is 463E3F.

I'm only inquiring because I would like to author a thread on cryptography, and this would be considered one means of transferring information in a secret manner.

Maybe this color will be closer to the background color, it should be a little darker than the previous post's text.

edit on 20-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: Trying to find ideal background gray text color.

have a look at this from about 2:30 www.youtube.com... you'd maybe even like the whole thing

edit on 7-12-2011 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join