It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale fossil bonanza in desert poses mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Works for the bible too!
(6,000 x 365 x 1,000) - approximately 2000 or however long ago it was written...

Someone else do the math, I came up with the equation. But I think it adds up to a lot more than 2 or 17 million...

Atheist/Christian high five?

Eta, on second thought, maybe we should forget about the minus 2000... *facepalm* XD as that was already accounted for in the 6000 figure
Still works though for the 2-17 million!
edit on 20-11-2011 by 3n19m470 because: *facepalm* lol

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I found seashells all the time in the Midwest. You can find them anywhere I guess. Found them in the Carolinas, near Asheville...the mountains of NC. Very apparent the US was under water. But since the Bible talks about the Great Flood it is of course a hoax. Isn't that right, Bible-haters? Deny deny then die.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Heaven has "days"...? Do they use the 24 hour period too?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Yes they do! And you are issued a nice Rolex when you enter the pearly gates so you can keep time for eternity.

edit on 20-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SambhavaamiYugeYuge
No. All the whales died within the last 6000 years, just after their creation!

edit on 20/11/2011 by SambhavaamiYugeYuge because: (no reason given)
You!! Blast Femur

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Not bound by time, I presented something that obviously went whoosh over your head

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Burgo1010

they say one day in Heaven is proportional to 1000 years on Earth.
Think about that reversed or can't you get your head around that

Who are THEY and how do they know?

Martin Luther (not our civil rights man). He is a Biblical scholar and it is widely accepted. As to how they know, beats me. Maybe God will confirm if you ask him.

I'm trying to find the source (I read it in a real book
) so it may or may not be true, but ill try to find the source)
edit on 20-11-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So it says, anyway.

I was referring to Martin Luther, the theologian that came up with the day is as 1000 years (if I'm wrong its due to my memory, but I'm 90% positive it was him). Looking at the posts since, I take it its not important for me to do so?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotForgetMe
I found seashells all the time in the Midwest. You can find them anywhere I guess. Found them in the Carolinas, near Asheville...the mountains of NC. Very apparent the US was under water. But since the Bible talks about the Great Flood it is of course a hoax. Isn't that right, Bible-haters? Deny deny then die.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Some times i really dont think people get it....

Lots of people have seen scientific evidence for a great flood of sorts... not everyone who isnt into the bible thinks everything in it didnt happen, they just dont think it happened because "God said to naoh"

Lol its stuff that this make Bible bashers look Mad, they think non-bible crowd dont beleive anything in the bible, instead of the actual fact... they beleive some stuff... just look for a more logical and plausable explanation...

On topic : Sounds to me like land locked Whales due to Rising Falling water levels and geological occurances, case kinda closed,
the problem is we dont really know THAT much about non-dead whales either, maybe they were migrating and got trapped, maybe it was a birthing area... or a huge feeding ground.

Guessing the next stage is look for.. either signes of a dissease or dying of lack of oxygen/dehydration without the other two things i will list (that would server to explain migrating Whales running into bad water/being trapped)

Fossils of unborn whales in there mothers, that would suggest possibly a breeding ground.

piles an piles of fossils of fish, that would suggest feeding ground...

interesting thread, cant wait to see what the come to they decide is the likley cause!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Half a mile in from the coast and these people can't work it out?

HALF A MILE in from sea ---------- The remains are millions of years old ----------- This has them confused????????????

I mean, sea lines never change and we don't have those little things called tsunamis. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Am I the only one who noticed that those bones look remarkably square?

It happened a long time ago and it is not the first or the last time we'll find evidence that land areas was once under the sea.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
No one thinks its strange that these "beached" whales were not scanvenged, or their bodies decomposed? It's almost as if they were covered rapidly, allowing their bodies to fossilize. It almost sounds like they were killed in some sort of massive flood, but I need more proof. I would have to see billions of dead things buried in sedimentary rock layers laid down by water all over the earth in order for me to believe. You know, massive fossil graveyards, oil, and coal deposits. That's the sort of proof of a global flood, I just don't see that anywhere

edit on 21-11-2011 by kingofmd because: grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I am not the least bit surprised as some say that cactus evolved from sea sponge.
Pretty kewl.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

are you implying that there are people out there ignorant of the origins of limestones , sandstones , saltbeds and other sedimentary geology ?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SambhavaamiYugeYuge
No. All the whales died within the last 6000 years, just after their creation!

was that a joke

they say one day in Heaven is proportional to 1000 years on Earth.
Think about that reversed or can't you get your head around that

Who is "they"?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Very cool! This is the first I've heard of this...

Great thread. S + F!

Thanks for posting....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Chilean scientists together with researchers from the Smithsonian Institution are studying how these whales, many of the them the size of buses, wound up in the same corner of the Atacama Desert.......

..........As for why such a great number perished in the same place, Pyenson said: "There are many ways that whales could die, and we're still testing all those different hypotheses."

I would say they are asking the question.

No, they aren't. They are asking around it.

Here's the thing. Many fossil records are of creatures that died suddenly and were buried suddenly. The aforementioned frozen mammoths, the whale fossils, dinosaur fossils, clutches of dinosaur eggs fossilized, etc. They all represent an event that allowed them to be preserved before their physical structures could either decay or be destroyed by scavengers.

Take a dead human being, for example. Lay the body in a natural setting like a state park or wildlife refuge. Leave it there, on the surface for 20 years... or ten years, or even 2 years. Then come back to that spot and see what is left to eventually be buried and fossilized for the future.

The state of those whale fossils and others like the flash-frozen mammoths, speak to sudden, catastrophic events that buried/preserved them in a single instant. Trying to imagine what this event might have been rounds the corner into areas that mainstream science typically avoids, and with vigor I might add. Moreover, these events appear to occur regularly otherwise we wouldn't have the fossil records of so many different ages preserved in stone like a history book written in real-time.

Of course, I may be wrong. Those mainstreamers in this field may hold a press conference or offer a release stating that they simply don't know how it all came to be. They might say that this planet has experienced numerous catastrophes that left their records but that they can't even imagine the scale or the cause of such a happening.

It could happen... but, I'm not holding mybreath.

edit on 21-11-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

Because it was ocean floor that was pushed up by plate tectonics, either in the form of activity or being pushed by another plate.

this has been explained for decades.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Surely the state of preservation depends upon the material the remains are found in. For example, human remains found in peat bogs or, more famously, like those at Pompeii show very good preservation. Equally, bodies found in dry, dusty areas (such as tombs in deserts) can also be found in comparatively good condition.

Bodies left to the elements or buried in damp, seasonal soil will break down fairly quickly on the other hand and not leave much in the way of preservation. I would be prepared to bet that the current undersea activity around El Hierro has left several fossils for future geologists and ATS'ers of the future millenia to puzzle over........

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Not bound by time, I presented something that obviously went whoosh over your head

All religious drivel goes over my head, by my own choice. When crap is thrown, I duck.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
you need to remember something
When any argument arises between religion and scienc...er...Fact, you need to remember 1 thing:

- Anything religious is "interpretive". Meaning - the definition can change based on the context, author, discussion or quote. Similar to play-doh, it can be shaped and molded into anything the user cares to make.

Now on to the OP:

These were obviously whales which fell out of Noah's ark
edit on 21-11-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join