It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 - A different perspective

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
In a general sense, 666 is a cryptogram, probably referring to the Hebrew word תסור "to deviate". Tav = 400, Samech = 60, Vav = 6 and resh = 200.

The great Rabbinic commentator Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki) interpreted Solomons 666 talents of gold as the 'knowledge' of the foreign arts that he derived from Hiram, the Queen of Sheba, and the land of Ophir (sometimes identified with India)....This being the cause of his 'deviation' from Torah and God.

edit on 19-11-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Until it is proven to be anything, it will just remain a three digit number to me.
Also that math does not add up to me. Is it a jewish equation?
edit on 19-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Theoretically, if Solomon's 666 talents of gold represented knowledge, and the serpent commanded both Eve and Adam to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, hence they will "become like gods" being both immortal and having knowledge, well, it makes sense, doesn't it? =D God would represent the suppression of knowledge whereas the serpent would represent the acquisition for knowledge, a taboo imposed on both Adam and Eve by God.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Until it is proven to be anything, it will just remain a three digit number to me.
Also that math does not add up to me. Is it a jewish equation?

Thanks for pointing out the mistake. Resh = 200....

This is probably the origin of the number... The Torah is all about numerology - gematria - it is hidden within the text, and its noteworthy that after mentioning the 666 talents of gold Solomon received yearly, in chapter 11, he officially 'deviates' from God and is condemned for having served foreign gods...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If you want to delve into Gematria, you can pull anything out of your arse and make it sound logical.
Here's an excellent example: The value of the name Jesus Christ in Greek is 2368, the value of the entire sentence: "and his number is 666" is 2368. Coincidence? I certainly think so, but I also think that your calculations based on an obscure occult tradition are equally as fallible. "Let he who has knowledge calculate the number..." This has been done time, and time again for 2,000 years, at it is just as illogical today as it was back when people thought the Earth was flat.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is, 666 is a number that makes up many of the elements even in our own DNA the number 666 is there, we as humans are made up of carbon therefore 6 Protons 6 Neutron 6 Electrons is in our DNA strand, so when people refuse the number and say its the mark of the beast i say they already have it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No worries. So ive always thought no man has seen god, at any time. This man worked for him and served "forieghn gods?" can you explain this further. Sorry , Im not religeous but I do enjoy a mystery!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What came of the possibility of the number being '636' instead of a mistranslated '666'?

2nd Line.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
In a general sense, 666 is a cryptogram, probably referring to the Hebrew word תסור "to deviate". Tav = 400, Samech = 60, Vav = 6 and resh = 400.

The great Rabbinic commentator Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki) interpreted Solomons 666 talents of gold as the 'knowledge' of the foreign arts that he derived from Hiram, the Queen of Sheba, and the land of Ophir (sometimes identified with India)....This being the cause of his 'deviation' from Torah and God.

It was the number for Caesar. One version has his number as 666 and another as 616. Both Caesar.

Done and over.

Theres no "Armageddon" or "end of the world" coming unless you religious folks CAUSE IT to happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

That's pretty insane sounding. God, the creator of heaven and earth, both immanent and transcendent, the highest concept the human mind can fathom, and still, we can know no more then how he presents Himself to us through nature, is at odds, competing, with a snake???

The snake too is just a concept.... Subservient and as much a creation of God.

Gold is almost always associated with knowledge by the ancients; whether in Egypt, Babylon, or the Aztecs in America, the hidden treasure of Gold and Jewels, is knowledge. Or the hidden city of Gold, as in Muisca lore.

The gold of Solomon became an idol to Solomon, and so, his knowledge - like the snake in Genesis - led him astray (i.e. to deviate 666, identified with the ultimate evil). Instead of serving God, and silver being worth something, silver became worth nothing in the days of Solomon, while gold - knowledge - was of the ultimate value.

Hence, it was after Solomon that the kingdom broke apart. And his reject son Rechovoam "lit. he who seeks to enlarge the people" led to the split, and separation from the wholeness of Solomon (Shlomo in Hebrew is from the root Shalom, meaning peace, or wholeness) and Jeraboam "lit. the people contend" i.e. against God, formed the northern kingdom of Israel.

That whole book is a fabulous piece of metaphysics, which non-Hebrew readers, and those with a superficial understanding of religion, will never understand.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

In a general sense, 666 is a cryptogram, probably referring to the Hebrew word תסור "to deviate". Tav = 400, Samech = 60, Vav = 6 and resh = 400.

It was the number for Caesar. One version has his number as 666 and another as 616. Both Caesar.

Done and over.

Theres no "Armageddon" or "end of the world" coming unless you religious folks CAUSE IT to happen.

I also though that the numbers worked out to be Nero, not Caesar. Does anyone have the working out?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

While i agree Greek isosophia is boring and uninteresting, Hebrew gematria is much more straight forward, and if you take the time to understand the fundamental metaphysics beneath it, quite convincing as well.

For instance, as a simple example, one and love in Hebrew have the same numerical value. Is that coincidence, despite the obvious metaphysical idea behind it? That love unifies? That love is a state of oneness between oneself and reality? I think you have to be a little too iconoclastic to dismiss this obvious piece of metaphysics.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drolkrad

There is nothing fundamentally evil about 666. The Christian religion popularized the number, not Judaism. I'm merely pointing out the significance of this number in Hebrew.

In Hebrew, the verse "Ata yigdal na koach Ado-nai " "and now, may the power of my lord be great" Also has the value of 666.

Meaning, numbers are neutral, neither good nor evil. Human beings turn the concepts they allude to into either something good and positive or something negative and bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I've studied many occult traditions for over a decade, one of which is ancient numerology. My disregard for numerology is based on a great deal of experience with it. Much like my opinion of astrology, I've seen that it is far too easy to pick and choose what you want to see, without any firm reference points. There are several words in Hebrew that have the same numerical value that it would take a great stretch of the imagination to draw correlations between.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Gods are concepts, archetypes, and ideas the evoke power to the human mind. Anything can become a god; whether a divinized power of nature, or a philosophy someone holds to with such devotion that it can very well be called the god - the concept - he worships, since his entire conscious energy, inspiration, etc, derives from this thought.

The 'gods' of the nations were the spiritual philosophies of the lands around Israel. The biblical scholar Rashi mentions Hiram, who was king in Tyre - who actually helped build the Temple in Jerusalem by providing the timber. Another was the Queen of Sheba who came to meet Solomon in Jerusalem. Another was Ophir, identified often with India, since Solomon established trade routes between Israel and Ophir, probably through the gulf of Aqaba. The 'gold' he received yearly is a metaphor for the knowledge he learned through his relations with diplomats and the many wives he took. Wives again is an allusion to the 'spirit' or 'soul' of the country he connected with...

The knowledge itself isn't bad, but it was how he utilized it that led to the corruption and ultimately the debasement into idolatry, which is why Rechoboam, out of Hubris (lit. he who seeks to enlarge the people") sought to outdo his father, and why Jeroboam ("lit. the people contend") opposed him, splitting the kingdom, and, in a deeper metaphysical sense, the collective consciousness, into dualism.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What about this particular connection. Do you consider it coincidence?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

In a general sense, 666 is a cryptogram, probably referring to the Hebrew word תסור "to deviate". Tav = 400, Samech = 60, Vav = 6 and resh = 200.

edit on 19-11-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Some translations of Revelation 17 say, "Mark of humanity" instead of the mark of a man.

Carbon has 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons. Carbon credits and cap and trade are the new system of finance coming to a nation near you. "The Ten" nations that are beginning to unify in Europe are gearing up behind Germany. Germany is the rising star among those nations. Why? Carbon Trading. The UN has UNESCO. Why is this important? Have you ever heard of biosphere reserves? UNESCO manages all the world heritage sites that do not have carbon emissions. The Grand Canyon is one site. It is a reserve. RESERVE!!!

In other words, the new global backing of currency will be carbon trading. The reserves you have are based on undeveloped sections of land that serve as your reserve. These can be traded and used. Development can happen as carbon trading progresses. It's yet another ponzi scheme to further plunder resources.

Is any of this true? According to nearly any Google search you can do, the evidence is in the open. Alex Jones covered this early in his career.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Based on my knowledge of the Hebrew "holy" writings, I know that the authors were well versed in the numerical values of their letters, and often encoded many messages in their books. Therefore, I cannot disregard this as coincidence. However, I cannot confirm it either, as there are so many instances of such correlations being drawn to support a person's interpretation of scripture.
Personally, I find the direct observation of the universe to be a far more illuminating process, than trying to find truth in a horribly disjointed conglomerate of ancient religious texts. That is not to say that your pursuits don't have value (I pursued the same for a long time) I just believe that going directly to the source is more efficient than trying to interpret another man's interpretation thereof.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You are correct. It is called gematria. My opinion is that 666 will never make a lick of sense until it is too late. Remember Heath Ledger's last film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus? There is a scene in the film where he has a familar symbol on his forehead, three actually, but the one in the middle is of particular interest. The subject matter of the film is curious as well considering Mr Ledger's fate.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Done and over.

Caesar is a moniker. Maybe moniker is not the correct word but Caesar is like "king" or "Csar" .

666 is the number for Nero Caesar.

edit on 19-11-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join