It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late 30s, recently divorced...all I can think about is women in early 20s. Creepy or natural?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Man you're gonna cop some flack for that one, well thought out though I must say

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My Biological father was 16 years older than my mother when she was 23 years old and I was conceived. This all happened nearly 30 years ago! I doubt times have changed. Look at George Clooney, he still pulls all the young hotties.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If thats the type that makes you happy have at it.. Long as they're of legal age it's nobodies business what matters is that two people are happy together.. Age is largely just a number.. Hell at my age when do make the trip into town I get women in their 20s flirting and more.. Life is short enjoy

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I'm not hating on anyone. I'm speaking the truth, sorry if you want to think otherwise/be delusional. I AM a 20 year old girl. I think I know what GIRLS my age think and want lol

edit on 11/19/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

He pulls young hotties because he is famous and rich. The average young hottie would NOT seriously consider dating George Clooney in the real world. There are a bunch of delusional old guys in this thread.....

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
As Expat pointed out, have fun, as long as your not doing anything inappropriate, then you should be o.k.

Today's dating/relationship/marriages, are strange to say the least. I know that if someone walked up to me with a sense of humor, an open mind, and seems cool, can get my number.

The "connection" between 2 people cannot be distinguished here, it takes 2 people. Give yourself a chance, and remember that even if you don't find the love of your life, you can make a good friend.

Remember, if someone has to act like someone their not, then it may not be the thing for you, but I have recently come to the conclusion that I cannot be shy "all" the time, but sometimes we have to take a chance.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I say go ahead and date a younger woman. It might end up being that you just have to get it out of your system and feel young again or something, then you may find they are too immature and you end up marrying someone closer to you own age. But if your just divorced and not after anything serious yet then why not have a bit of fun trying out the younger women, no harm in that

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Dude, just think of the pain and agony you just went through. If you get with a young woman, you have to go through all that crap again. Chances are good that an older gal won't have so many defects (of course, presuming you too have less defects now too).

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Nick_X

He pulls young hotties because he is famous and rich. The average young hottie would NOT seriously consider dating George Clooney in the real world. There are a bunch of delusional old guys in this thread.....

Amen sister!
I'm a woman in my early 30's. This thread saddens me because no matter how hard I try to stay in shape (and I mean REALLY try... my exercise routine is intense) take great care of my skin, eat nothing but food that is good for me, (gasp!) have botox done twice a year, I will never have that youthful glow all men my age go after. It's quite depressing.
But thinking back to my 20's... the ONLY way I would date a guy 15 years older than me is if he were rich. And I'm talking mega rich. I like to converse about current events. Be on the same level with my partner. I'm not sure I could do that with someone that much older than me. I would fee like they were always being a parental figure. BUT if you're just talking about having sex with them, then that's a whole different story.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Unvarnished

I'm not hating on anyone. I'm speaking the truth, sorry if you want to think otherwise/be delusional. I AM a 20 year old girl. I think I know what GIRLS my age think and want lol

Are you single?
2nd

Wait, you have been an ATS member since 2005? So you were 14 when you joined here? I found an inconcistecy
Something aint right

edit on 19-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Personally, the younger they get all I see is a dumb girl.
No matter their education level.
Gimme a real woman, seasoned and smart.
But whatever floats your boat.
If it is legal, get to it.
Just use extreme caution as the term "Baby Daddy" was invented for a reason.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Dude, ignore the haters! I went through the same thing several years ago. When I was 39 I was dating this adorable 23 year old. It was fun in every facet of the relatioship for both of us. Later on though, she was getting really serious, talking babies, dreams and aspirations. They weren't the same as mine and I realized that I had to cut her loose because I was holding her back from experiencing life in her way. (If that makes sense.) I set her down and explained it to her just like that and to this day she still respects me because, as she says, "I let her down the right way, to her face, like a gentleman without the BS cliches" I say enjoy, but be open and honest about what you want out of the relationship. Long term, we all know that very few age discrepancied relationships work out. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

getcha whistle wet.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Dear mnmcandiez,

Actually I have to disagree with you. It does happen. There are many young women who seek out older men. I know this because I have been approached by them and I am not that handsome. I am actually quite average looking and balding (and no I am not rich). I wondered why I was approached by younger women. I have three daughters ranging in age from 22 to 29 and each had a different explanation. I would also like to say that it creeped my daughters and me out when I was approached by young women; but, it did happen more than once. I have come to the conclusion that for some of them want stability that many older men offer, others seek money and others have whatever reason they have. Don't fool yourself, there are plenty of men who are married to women 20 years younger than themselves and as I implied in my original post to this thread, I won't date anyone roughly ten years older or younger than myself, so I am not promoting such things or fooling myself. Be well.

Sorry, I have to add something. One of the women that approached me was a breathtaking beautiful 29 year old model. At the time I just assumed she thought I was in the entertainment industry because of where I was living.
edit on 19-11-2011 by AQuestion because: Irony

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
As Expat pointed out, have fun, as long as your not doing anything inappropriate, then you should be o.k.

Today's dating/relationship/marriages, are strange to say the least. I know that if someone walked up to me with a sense of humor, an open mind, and seems cool, can get my number.

The "connection" between 2 people cannot be distinguished here, it takes 2 people. Give yourself a chance, and remember that even if you don't find the love of your life, you can make a good friend.

Remember, if someone has to act like someone their not, then it may not be the thing for you, but I have recently come to the conclusion that I cannot be shy "all" the time, but sometimes we have to take a chance.

Peace, NRE.

exactly .. well said and thanks for saying much better what was attempting to say with my rusty english..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Erm, I'm 22 and into modeling, I have my education and I would absolutely love to have an older man with me. Actually thats what I go for and I'm still a virgin. Is quite ignorant and people should start thinking for themself instead of repeating what the "average" says. And to be honest is sexual attraction, is not for his intelectual capacity or money. Second of all, woman who go for older men are not necesary dumb, I'm in university and like to stay up to date with current world events and politics. Sorry for grammar I'm using my motorola xoom with a lot of lag. My first post between

My tip to OP, yes a beautiful young woman may be hard to get but is because I would not easily just give it out...
you gotta work your way and maybe force things a bit
be aggresive or otherwise I wouldnt take any iniciative.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brenidi14

FIRST! (to star you)
2nd.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
Well, after an unpleasant ending to a long but tummultous marriage to a women my own age, I find myself cast alone out to sea (where there are plenty of fish) for the first time in many a year. And I discovered something interesting...I'm just not attracted to women my own age. It seems I have eyes only for dewy young things that I technically could have fathered.

I understand this is natural. I also understand its a little creepy.

Or is it? I am decent looking for my age, few wrinkles, not fat, still have all my hair. I am financially secure and can afford to show a woman a nice time. Why shouldn't I go after the young hotties?

Will they laugh at me? Or fear me? Will I be able to handle their high-enery levels and lack of real-world experience? Should I just hang up my spurs and call it a day? Have I become "that guy" ???

edit on 11/19/2011 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

I am 37 my friend and let me tell ya something, I wouldn't trade my 24 y/o sweetheart for anything in the world. Age isn't the consideration for me. I just need someone who can keep up with my crazy life style.

I figure cougars are in with the young guys, so why pay any mind to age at all. Go with what you like, then you have no complaints down the road.

All that talk about not having anything in common that you see in the movies, BS. Living, Loving, and Laughing is enough to have in common with anyone.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Do you have kids OP, & if so how old?
I'm a single female, early forties with 3 kids 19, 18 & 11.

If I go out with friends (not often!), I find I'm hit on constantly by males 23-30yo.
While its flattering, I find it creepy in the sense they could be my sons friends (& yes even his 18yo friends have tried!!).
My friends are encouraging, even envious, thinking I'm crazy to knock back young hotties.
As lonely as I am, it would still just be/feel WRONG.

Thats just for me personally of course.
Maybe if I wasn't a mother I would feel differently.

20,40 or 60yo, the men I meet still behave like kids, so I don't see that as the reason!
(The last thing I want to be is a mother figure to yet another child!!)

If you don't have issues with the different levels of maturity/interests, then go for it.
Lifes too short not to have a try at happiness when you can.
But please don't still be like this at 60 (Ewww THATS creepy!)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
haha, this thread = the attack of the horny old dudes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join