It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Christ says about Evolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

if man and monkey came from the same ancestors then we'd find human dna in monkey's. that's not the case.

Answers in Genesis, a creationist website says that humans and chimpanzees share 95% of there dna.

dna doesn't evolve. its a blueprint. any tapering or changing of it is like tampering with a skyscraper blueprint.
the whole thing can come crashing down.

the fact is the theory of evolution is to deny God. it's only real purpose.
Did your priest tell you this? Or someone that actually knows something about sciences?

So Maria Valtorta channeled Jesus. Is not channeling an act of magic or witchcraft, something the Bible specifically condemns? Would your Jesus really let some unknown medium from the 1930's actually channel him. I would think not.

She probably just got Satan. Do yourself a favor and believe the exact opposite of everything she says...
edit on 19/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yes of course I've heard of them:

Krishna
8th child of Devaki (not a virgin) who conceived Krishna from hairs off hte head of Vishnu being placed in her womb

Killed by an arrow from a hunter who accidentally shot him in the heel.

Died and ascended; no ressurrection

Benjamin Walker writes in The Hindu World: An Encyclopedic Survey of Hinduism "there can be no doubt that the Hindus borrowed the tales from Christianity, but not the name."

Dr. Edwin Bryant, Professor of Hinduism at Rutgers University says that the parallels between Krishna and Jesus of Nazareth come from the Bhagavata Purana and the Harivamsa the former commonly dated between the 7th and 11th century AD and the later between the 4th and 6th AD

Horus

Born to Isis who isn't a virgin as he was conceived with Osiris
Born during the month of Khoiak (oct/nov)
Bible never assigns the birth date of Christ
No visitation by three kings
Kings did not visit Christ at his birth rather he was visited by magi and their number is not stated
Horus not portrayed as a savior
Horus not baptized
Horus did not have 12 disciples
Horus was not buried
Horus was not bodily resurrected

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Someone needs to explain to Jesus the theory of evolution. It doesn't say we came from monkeys. It says we share a common ancestor.

Yeah I would have thought that he would able to grasp the concept. Guess his wisdom is overrated,

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Mithras
Born out of a solid rock
Battled first with the sun and then a primeval bull Mithra killed the bull which then became the ground of life for the human race
No mention of 12 disciples
No bodily resurrection, he completes his earthly mission and is taken to paradise in a chariot alive and well. Tertullian wrote of Mithras' believers reenacting resurrection scenes, but this was written well after New Testament times
Mithras worship flourished after Christianity
Mithras cult "baptisim" bears no resemblence to the Christian practice. Those wishing to join the cult were placed into a pit beneath a bound bull whose stomach was slit covering the initiates in blood.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Christ says this about evolution? That's strange, since evolution wasn't invented till about 150 years ago.

Evolution has more proof and evidence then any creationist theory out there. There is proven and repeatable studies that have been done over the course of years and the results were the same. Evolution was not made to disprove there being a "Your version of your god" There are a lot of scientists today and from way back when that supported evolution and believed in god. So don't correlate Evolution with Atheism.

To the Adam and Eve thing.....and a couple of other things.

Why did god get mad at Adam and Eve, they didn't know any better. They disobeyed god but they could not have known disobedience was bad because they hadn't eaten from the tree of knowledge yet. Since God knows everything, why did he get so mad over this?

How did Adam and eve fill the earth with people without incest?

One more thing about the bible, In the book of Job why didn't god know where Satan come from? How could someone who is omniscient and omnipresent ever ask something like that? Also if got made Satan and knew he would defy him, why make him in the first place? what was the point?

And one last thing, If god made satan, then he in a sense made evil. If god can completely know every outcome of every action anyone of us ever takes down to the very atomic level why would he bother to create the universe, or angels or people? He can fully experience all of that and much more in the blink of an eye, without actually doing it. Doesn't gods omniscience negate our free will? If he can know every outcome ever in his omniscience it would be impossible for me to do anything outside of what he already knows that I will do, therefore freewill does not exist.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Most people accept there is a "spiritual" force in the universe. There is no scientific proof of this, and for most, it's not even needed, it's just something they "know" and sense.

The problem with religion is that it tries to interpret the spirit world so many different ways and has been used to manipulate the weak minded from day one that it frustrates people searching for the "truth" to no end. When they hear book thumpers doing nothing but parroting off scripture with little or no understanding and a complete disregard for common sense and skeptics who need proof for any and every little thing, is just as maddening. Do you love your mother? You can't prove it, but it doesn't make it any less true.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt He'd say something like that. I believe in apparitions.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

And one last thing, If god made satan, then he in a sense made evil. If god can completely know every outcome of every action anyone of us ever takes down to the very atomic level why would he bother to create the universe, or angels or people? He can fully experience all of that and much more in the blink of an eye, without actually doing it. Doesn't gods omniscience negate our free will? If he can know every outcome ever in his omniscience it would be impossible for me to do anything outside of what he already knows that I will do, therefore freewill does not exist.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

You attack someone for pointling out that Jesus didnt say that? wow goodjob at being an OP who handles a failed thread carelessly..

and for the record that article doesn't prove anything Jesus said, this is like saying that Jesus was a metal-head and it's true because I say so.

oh and

Another question. If man came from the monkey, how is it that man, even with grafts and repugnant forms of cross-fertilization, does not become a monkey again? You would be capable even of attempting these horrors if you knew that it could give approvative sanction to your theory. But you do not do so because you know that you would not be able to turn a man into a monkey. You would turn him into an ugly son of man, a degenerate, perhaps a criminal. But never a real monkey. You do not try because you know beforehand that you would get a poor result and your reputation would emerge therefrom in ruins.

what? this person has no understanding of evolution..

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by Unvarnished

So when I was in school and shown the picture of a primate morphing into a caveman morphing into a man, I was shown bullSNIP? No need to answer- I knew in grade school before ever hearing about God or the Bible it was all bullSNIP. I will say it again=science is nothing but a guessing game by ordinary people who never found the time to explore their sexuality in college and are now so pissed off and frustrated from realizing they missed out on all the poonanner that surrounded them at the time, that they say our ancestors were swinging from trees and peeling bananas with their feet, just to irritate us, when in reality our ancestors were hunting and gathering poonanner whilst their ancestors were trying to draw a proportionate cow inside some cave peeling their own banana. With their own feet. That is how I see it, anyway. I have actually forgotten what this thread is about, sorry if I am off topic. Was picturing a nerd's ancestor carving that ape-caveman-man pic on a cave wall while grunting and groaning.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
to me it seems evolution is a fact. species mutate to adapt. look it up read a scientific journal. its proven and I'm not even going to link it because if you can't even fathom it, then why waste my and your time. EVOLUTION IS A FACT. it happens get over it. but why should Jesus deny evolution? he wouldn't. BUT WHY does evolution deny God? in my opinion it doesn't. I've seen spirits! real dead people right in front of me in the ethereal. but to me, we are Godly, without an omnipotent ruler. if your spirit and soul is eternal and I'm pretty sure it is, as I've seen freekin spirits with my own two eyes, then why do we need a god ruler? God is not real. energy is. If you really think about it, religion is a tool of enslavement, with a supporting history of doing just that.
edit on 20-11-2011 by nrd101 because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The only things that Jesus ever said that are of importance, He said at the sermon on the mount. These alone have any lasting value.

Man did not evolve from monkeys. How silly. Monkeys and great apes have common ancestors though. Way back in history, a long time ago, the ape family split. One branch continued on and developed in all the apes that we see today. The other branch worked towards the physical forms that would culminate in the human being. This is caused by and is called the intelligent design of God. It is the way the creation really was. This shows us that there are no contradictions between God and the earth.

The trouble with Christians is that they insist upon making the world fit the edicts of Genesis. When they do they stop thinking and rest. In so doing they leave the paths of sensibility, which are the paths which lead us to God, and deny to us our divinely inspired mental abilities which, when used properly, clearly tell us that Genesis is the story of the creation of the spiritual world which preceded the physical earth but then goes on to relate man's move from this place to the actual earth that we all know.

The religious mind is most inflexible and incapable of using the greatest gift that God has given His children. Intuition. Learning the use of this bit of God mind we find understanding and then wisdom. It is from this platform that we should revisit the Bible. Then truths behind truths are revealed and we stop in our insistence that superficial thinking is sufficient. It is not. The greatness of God's Word is in it's ability to reveal truths a little at a time as the thinking man is capable of detecting them. What happens all too often though is that the beginner who cannot see into a thing stops trying and asserts that the rest of us should stop too. This is precisely what the literal believer does. They will fail because they think the world is a static and unchanging place where the reality is that earth is dynamic and changing. Evolution, be it spiritual or physical, is the method created by God. Without it we on earth would stagnate and die without ever realizing what God intends for us.

Darwin wrote only about the origins of species based on his observations of the relationships between species and habitats. He said nothing about the origins of life. Darwins evolution was a story of how life diversified after the creation. He never intended that there was no Godly creation. Be clear regarding that and do not enlarge Darwin beyond what he was, turning him into an enemy of God. Read "the origin of species" and all of Darwins other notes before misrepresenting his work. Be honest and do not allow the judgments of others to compromise your own.

Give this some thought friend. Maybe you can find value in it. One thing is for sure and that is that the "believers" of the world will be cast aside eventually as the "thinkers" of the world leave them behind as they progress to God's Kingdom. It has always been thus and it always will be.
edit on 20-11-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I am no scientist, but 1 year of biology, quite a long time ago should allow me to answer this question.

In order to create man from monkey you need 3 things
a) The appropriate environmental conditions which would ensure that monkeys with human like traits (i.e. walk upright, can't climb well, larger brain) would survive better than a normal monkey and would thus breed more off-spring which would in turn live for longer.
b) Hundreds of mutations (a human dosen't just fall out of a monkey) which would improve said monkeys ability to survive
and
c) Alot of time, millions of years in fact...

After your rationally consider all these facts, and still believe that your OP is a valid argument, then I suggest you consult your therapist... That is of course, if he/she isn't some fictional character from a fictional book

As for this question...

Another question. If man came from the monkey, how is it that man, even with grafts and repugnant forms of cross-fertilization, does not become a monkey again?

Are you serious? Ussually I wouldn't answer such idiocy, but in your case I think it could help. If the human race were to mutate it would need 3 things
a) appropriate environmental conditions where such mutation would thrive
b) Hunders of mutations (you don't just mutate into a monkey from one mutation)
c) Millions of years.

I owe your ignorance to your amature basic misunderstanding of evolution. To real scientists you people are barely a nusance.
edit on 20-11-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I wouldn't put too much faith in what that lady claims to have heard from Jesus. The statements that she was visited by "Mary" is a dead give away that things are askew. If you read the "Christian" Bible, you will understand what becomes of people when they die. NO-ONE COMES BACK TO VISIT

Only Jesus has risen from the dead.

The Bible says that the only one to ascend to heaven, was HE who descended from heaven. (Jesus Christ)
Your lady friend also claims that "Mary" ascended to heaven.

Her writings contradict The Holy Bible.
edit on 20-11-2011 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

It is known that the Blessed Virgin Mary came to the world to give us the Rosary as a prayer guide in this world. Read up on the Secrets of Fatima, and the 3 days of Darkness.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So basically you repost a random blog post that claims to be the word of Jesus??

You have to be kidding

What a garbage blog trying to dumb down the people!!

The problem is, facts and objective evidence back up science...whereas religion has ZERO objective evidence.

Fossil record fully backs up the theory

What missing link???

UC Berkeley also found out what nonsense the "missing link" is.

And more proof...

Using the missing link argument is beyond nonsense.

And even more proof...

So now that you have scientific proof that your "missing link argument" is simply nonsense, and that the theory is fully backed up by the fossil record...let's move on...

DNA and genetics confirm the theory too.

Yup, you read correctly…DNA and genetics confirm the theory.

And anotherone...

We are actively using the theory in modern medicine…and it works accurately!!

The entire "missing link" argument is nonsense, and DNA/genetics, migratory trends, as well as the practical application of the theory in modern medicine fully support the theory.

On a side note, creationism has ZERO logic behind it if you assume the universe was made just for us...at best, it's a MASSIVE failure

Cliff notes: Sorry, but I rather trust objective evidence and facts rather than some random blog posts talking about magic

edit on 20-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
Most people accept there is a "spiritual" force in the universe. There is no scientific proof of this, and for most, it's not even needed, it's just something they "know" and sense.

The problem with religion is that it tries to interpret the spirit world so many different ways and has been used to manipulate the weak minded from day one that it frustrates people searching for the "truth" to no end. When they hear book thumpers doing nothing but parroting off scripture with little or no understanding and a complete disregard for common sense and skeptics who need proof for any and every little thing, is just as maddening. Do you love your mother? You can't prove it, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Spot on.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

God did create everything, so it holds true!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
vc4eb8ee39

Originally posted by nrd101
to me it seems evolution is a fact. species mutate to adapt. look it up read a scientific journal. its proven and I'm not even going to link it because if you can't even fathom it, then why waste my and your time. EVOLUTION IS A FACT. it happens get over it. but why should Jesus deny evolution? he wouldn't. BUT WHY does evolution deny God? in my opinion it doesn't. I've seen spirits! real dead people right in front of me in the ethereal. but to me, we are Godly, without an omnipotent ruler. if your spirit and soul is eternal and I'm pretty sure it is, as I've seen freekin spirits with my own two eyes, then why do we need a god ruler? God is not real. energy is. If you really think about it, religion is a tool of enslavement, with a supporting history of doing just that.
edit on 20-11-2011 by nrd101 because: typo

Good for you. Tell it like it is. I, too, am aware of the spirit world and of the most obvious conclusion that the intelligent power behind evolution is that which has always existed even before the big bang. Call it God if you want. It's real. I believe this yet I am skeptical of religions. They don't make any #ing sense.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'll tell you one thing about Darwin s book ... In the last chapter he says clearly that everything on Earth had to be CREATED ...

As for the crap on that page at the bottom it clearly says "Written by Maria Valtorta "

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join