It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The airline passengers forced to pay $31,000 extra for fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The airline passengers forced to pay $31,000 extra for fuel

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/airline-passengers-forced-pay-31-000-extra-fuel-175800638.html;_ylt=AsymIsWzp.toW2NnUd4xdrCs0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'QzcXI1OWY5BG1 pdANPcGluaW9uIEZyb250IFBhZ2UEcGtnAzk3MDdhMWUyLTM2ZmMtM2RiOC1iZDQ5LTIyNTcxODIyNjJmNQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFTZWN0aW9uTGlzdAR2ZXIDNTNiZGE5ODAtMTIzOS0xMWUxL ThkOGItODE1MTA3MzE1NGU0;_ylg=X3o'___'FvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3]news.yahoo.com[/url ]

Fliers jetting from India to England are asked to cough up hundred of dollars apiece when the plane stops for gas in Austria

Air travelers have been forced in recent years to pay extra for everything from pillows to leg room to assigned seats. Now, two charter flights from India to England have taken things to a new low. Twice in the last week, Comtel Airline customers have been forced to cough up cash to pay for fuel and landing fees. In one instance, a flight from India to England stopped in Austria, where it was stranded until travelers raised $31,000, supposedly for fuel
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.abovetopsecret.com... prexisting thread that i just now found with search doh!

edit on 19-11-2011 by KilrathiLG because: link to earlyer thread

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
they made the people get off the plane and go to atm's because they were told if they didnt they would not be leaving australia how in the name of any kind of sane world is this tolerated or even allowed to happen! IT seems like its just shear lunacy 200$ a person for fuel and fees because the airline couldnt/did not want to pay? any legal experts on here that can explain to me how this is remotely legal let alone ethical?i wanna know what would have happined had they refused to pay,would they have been kicked out on to the tarmac or left in the other country?i figured your plane ticket covered all this stuff allready

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/airline-passengers-forced-pay-31-000-extra-fuel-175800638.html;_ylt=AsymIsWzp.toW2NnUd4xdrCs0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'QzcXI1OWY5BG1 pdANPcGluaW9uIEZyb250IFBhZ2UEcGtnAzk3MDdhMWUyLTM2ZmMtM2RiOC1iZDQ5LTIyNTcxODIyNjJmNQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFTZWN0aW9uTGlzdAR2ZXIDNTNiZGE5ODAtMTIzOS0xMWUxL ThkOGItODE1MTA3MzE1NGU0;_ylg=X3o'___'FvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3]news.yahoo.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Air Piracy...brought to you by the airline itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

pretty much and the crappy part is if they had complained or protested they probably would have been called terrorists or a danger to the plane

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

"would not be leaving australia how in the name of any kind of sane world is this tolerated or even allowed to happen"

lol hehe that made me laugh :p

Yes this is horrible , and i would expect many lawsuits pending this . Those ticket holders won't give up on this .

Apparently someone didn't pay for there dinner

"Why is Comtel demanding this money?
Comtel, a charter company based in Austria, says that Skyjet, a British firm selling tickets for the flights, suddenly went out of business and never delivered this money to Comtel. But Mint Lineas Aviation, the Spanish company that owns the aircraft and supplies the crew, put the blame on Comtel, saying the company wasn't paying its bills and also owed money to the airport authority in India.

What now?
On Thursday, Mint said it would stop working with Comtel because of "unresolved financial questions." The British Civil Aviation Authority has stepped in to make sure travelers make it home on other airlines. Comtel's flights have been canceled for the weekend, though Bhupinder Kandra, the charter airline's majority shareholder, insists the company has not run out of money and that the "

Im sure refunds would be issued , if not then law suits , if not the boycott that airline

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They must have been taking lessons from Ryan Air.

Ryan started all this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Can't you people read? A U S T R I A.......not Australia!

Jeez

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by jude11

They must have been taking lessons from Ryan Air.

Ryan started all this nonsense.

Actually reminds me of the Pirates out of Africa...

Different mode...different threats...same gains.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

thank you for finding out more info on this for me,from what it seems even with out a boycott this airline is going under thats kinda like the cabbie picking ya up starting the meeter then stopping to get gas before going to your Destination,i mean had they kicked them out hypotheticaly would they even be allowed to enter the country with out getting some kinda visa kinda like that movie where the guy never left the airport because he couldnt get a passport or something? i dunno at the very least i hope no australian or british memebers use this airline

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

i probably made the mistake as i had been reading up on Australian news and just carried it over from my ealyer news articles sorry for the screw up i had not even noticed

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Comtel Airline customers have been forced to cough up cash to pay for fuel and landing fees.

Get used to this scenario , as time goes on more business practices are going to fail....no brainer.

This thread regarding Irish mortgage holders could be the new way of doing business and gaining some ground back , if you have a mortgage,

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join