It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega Crash Video: 52-car pileup on German autobahn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
WOW!

In a No Speed Limit Zone of course. This is no slight fender bender incident. Some of these cars are totaled!

Hate to be in the middle of that..

edit on 19-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What the! Damn dude, pretty intense video you got there, 52 cars, I only see things like this in speed racing, and its never 52 cars.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Bloody hell. Epic and very tragic. Scary those autobahns. I think generally they have less crashes because not so
Many people get frustrated with slow drivers and dont do silly things. But when they do have crashes the tend to be massive and terrible with many deaths. I have driven on the autobahn, and it's mental te speeds some people go. Lets just say I'm glad we have a speed limit in nz.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by jude11

What the! Damn dude, pretty intense video you got there, 52 cars, I only see things like this in speed racing, and its never 52 cars.

Well, the autobahn has no speed limit in areas still I believe. So, a speed racing track is not far off the call.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My bad, double post.
edit on 19-11-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wow pretty big accident. Auto Bahn is not for the weak lol. lead foots all over that !

i was curious about who pays for pile up accidents , had a good explaination here .

"AllShookDown07-25-2003, 09:19 AM
I ran over and asked my claims subro friend about this and she confirms that if blame can't be ascertained that, yes, everyone pretty much covers their own losses. Usually though, there will be an attempt to determine who's at fault -- and there may be more than one person/vehicle at fault. For example, car 1 stops and cars 2, 3, 4, & 5 pile up into car 1. Car 6 stops in time to keep from hitting car 5 but gets rear-ended by 7, 8, 9 & 10. Cars 11, 12 & 13 stop but car 14 pushes 13 into 12, 12 into 11, 11 into 10.

She said they have to try to figure out what the time interval was between impacts (I believe she said if it's more than 3 seconds it's treated like a separate accident but don't quote me on that). They also have to get statements from every person (or every person they can track down) in the pile-up and that these are by far the worst types of claims to be assigned to...."
- boards.straightdope.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
Wow pretty big accident. Auto Bahn is not for the weak lol. lead foots all over that !

i was curious about who pays for pile up accidents , had a good explaination here .

"AllShookDown07-25-2003, 09:19 AM
I ran over and asked my claims subro friend about this and she confirms that if blame can't be ascertained that, yes, everyone pretty much covers their own losses. Usually though, there will be an attempt to determine who's at fault -- and there may be more than one person/vehicle at fault. For example, car 1 stops and cars 2, 3, 4, & 5 pile up into car 1. Car 6 stops in time to keep from hitting car 5 but gets rear-ended by 7, 8, 9 & 10. Cars 11, 12 & 13 stop but car 14 pushes 13 into 12, 12 into 11, 11 into 10.

She said they have to try to figure out what the time interval was between impacts (I believe she said if it's more than 3 seconds it's treated like a separate accident but don't quote me on that). They also have to get statements from every person (or every person they can track down) in the pile-up and that these are by far the worst types of claims to be assigned to...."
- boards.straightdope.com...

My head hurts...

Too much math...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A buddy of mine had just purchsed a new beemer a few years back and was trying it out on the Autobahn. It is correct that some stretches have no limit. He was going very very fast when a truck suddenly pulled into the left lane. My friend slammed on the brakes and eventually cam to a stop as a cloud of grey smoke from the tires shrouded his new car. As he started up again the car made a kakunk! sound and felt as if he had driven over a curb. This continue until he was able to pull off the road. The sudden stop had burned the tread almost completely off the tires.

top topics

join