It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The duality of humans on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It seemed that living in London in the 1960`s-1980`s the main threat was being nuked by the Ruskies. However, that situation radically changed and now it feels as though there are two Earths:

1. The aggressive Earth composed of people of various humans seeking more power and control:
a) USA
b) EU
c) Goldman-Sachs
d) Islamic fundamentalists
e) China
f) Israel

2. The kinder Earth composed of relatively peaceful humans
a) South America
b) Australasia
c) Africa
d) Canada

I wonder why this disparity has developed. Is it about insularity and not being bothered about forming empires for empires sake or is it about money and profit making for the few. Why is the second group not too interested in conquering the first group? Why is the first group veering towards controlling the second group i.e. China buying up parts of Africa, the US recently placing soldiers in Australia?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Well you answered your own question...we need duality to measure ourselves and to learn from.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Well you answered your own question...we need duality to measure ourselves and to learn from.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Not to call you naive or anything but just about all humans and people in general seek power and control, they just haven't found out the correct way to do it yet. This is not limited to the few countries and businesses you have listed. LOL @ Africa being composed of "peaceful humans" now I know you're naive.
edit on 19-11-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

IMHO, it is not that the first countries listed are more aggressive than your second list. There are several factors that account for that split--the first factor being a country's ability and historical perspective in the same to unify and govern itself peaceably. Next, geography comes into play. For instance, one reason most of Europe has always regarded the US as naive and spoiled, in a way, is because we have not endured the humiliation of occupation by another country and this is mostly because of our position geographically speaking.
Next, to address Australia, for instance, are allegiances. Australia has historically been an ally of the US over great Britain presumably because it was a penal colony of the same. That being an insult, in a way, who would their allegiance be to in terms of super powers, so to speak? Add to that culture--fiercely independent, and then influenced again, by geography, their close neighbor being Asia, and the last stronghold of communism, something Australia culturally would never go for.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Nt to slam you or anything, but I responded and clicked on this thread because of that whole "duality" concept. Maybe it's just my evening for having had enough of this, as I just got rather aggressive with someone in another thread about the duality if good and evil....but I keep seeing this concept of duality, to the exclusion of anything else, when the world and life is far more complicated than counting to two.
I mean no insult by this ; it's just that this perspective is so damn limiting, and leaves out the multifaceted nature of just about everything, to us and the planets detriment. And I think this is a big part of what's going wrong with Everyting, financial, cultural, religiously, etc. It is as if our technology has totally erased all the fine lines and nuances and reduced everything to the lowest common denominator, and in so doing, we have all forgotten how to assess, discern, extrapolate and critically regard anything in it's entirety.
Good thread. Thanks for making it, and giving me a chance to vent. Hope I did not offend.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Then it seems then as though there is a spectrum with some areas more insular than others not really related to latitude or longitude but perhaps where humans are most densely distributed at certain times in human history?

Perhaps it is the density of humans in certain areas that leads to the need for power and control.

Or perhaps it is the types of humans in certain areas that lead to avarice. However sometimes power/control seeking leads to great "advances" in human civilisation:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-11-2011 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

You have 2 options; unity or duality. The thing is we currently live in a dualistic world and we can see what happens on the globe on a big scale. One can chose between the two, but duality never worked in history of the universe as long as its been.

The post saying one must learn from duality is right, but in my opinion and personal perspective, unity is to b achieved through living in duality.

There is no better way to live the opposite of what we want to truly understand how great is what we strive for.

Thruthseek3r

top topics

join