It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold the Coming of Daniel's Ram and Goat!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How far back to take it? Well, verse 11-6 would appear that it's required. It covers the signing of the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9. Verse 11-30 and 31 is referred to in Matthew 24-15. I would have to say all of it in 8 and 11.

The parts before the signing of the 7 year agreement are important as to setting the existing world order that led to the signing of the 7 year agreement.

In all likelihood based on chapter 12 nobody was supposed to realize what was going on until the 7 year agreement was signed. Or afterwards even.

Daniel 12.
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Technically the book is still supposed to be sealed. The time of the end doesn't start until verse 11-6 is completed.

You know, maybe that's why your having so much trouble with it. You're running into the seals?

Matthew 13.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

edit on 21-3-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
However what puzzles me is the phrase at the end when Gabriel is speaking to Daniel and warns him it is from the future at the end, was that event a pre-cursor that set up some sort of event that is still yet to happen? or does it have another meaning?

“And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. 16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. 17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision. 18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.”

With historical hindsight the identity of the 'little horn' in this context is clear...
...but from Daniel's perspective the details would have been unknown...
...so Gabriel explains what the vision means.

..."the time of the end” could be seen from the perspective of time since creation...
...and the approaching expectation of Messiah through Israel...
...this understanding can be seen in later Pauline reflection when he writes...

“...when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.” Galatians 4:4-5

<< 1  2   >>

join