It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this real? Is this NYPD?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't think I have see in my life something more humiliating like this for a civilized country!

Retired police chief Ray Lewis arrested in full uniform at Occupy Wall Street demo after branding fellow officers 'obnoxious, arrogant and ignorant'

TextSitting against a wall in full dress uniform with his hands cuffed behind him, this is former Philadelphia police captain Ray Lewis being arrested during the Occupy Wall St protests. The ex-cop was taking part in the demonstrations in New York when he was detained by fellow officers who put toughened plastic bands around his wrists and shoved him to the floor. Startling footage posted on YouTube shows his uniform blending in with a dozen other officers - before they grab him and haul him away. Earlier he had been seen walking around holding up a sign in the face of riot cops saying: ‘NYPD don’t be Wall St mercenaries’. Mr Lewis sharply criticised the police and City Hall response to the protests. He added that he would be back out on the streets as soon as he was released. Until 2004 he was a captain in Philadelphia’s police department, one of the few in the US which can rival New York for size or complexity. more

source(thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This should amuse and satisfy some of the cop (or "Pig," as they are commonly referred) haters on this board.

Break the law, get arrested. Badge or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Looks fake at first glance, but hey the cops are slimly little pricks, they'll even piss each other over if they can get something out of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I notice that they don't bother to say that under his supervision the Philadelphia department was considered one of the more corrupt law enforcement entities in America!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

Are you totally sure about that?

The irony is dripping thickly off this little statement.

link   
reply to post by capod2t

Buddy, I don't think he broke any law.

Besides, if we didn't have "pig haters", we would end up obese, immobile, and all around stupid from the amount of lard that was allowed to remain on the force because nobody wanted to QUESTION thier acts..

Don't be foolish man.

Besides, bacon isn't even good for you.

link   
reply to post by capod2t

What crime did he commit?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I notice that they don't bother to say that under his supervision the Philadelphia department was considered one of the more corrupt law enforcement entities in America!

Zindo

perhaps hes protesting that? the world gets progressively more corrupt with each passing day, maybe he couldn't do anything about it?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

This should amuse and satisfy some of the cop (or "Pig," as they are commonly referred) haters on this board.

I am not a cop hater just something don't match here ,it's out of this world just look back 15 years ago!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Zindo
Is this China?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Not that I am aware of all the laws, or even the number of them (it's not like they are required learning in schools)...

But, I don't think it is legal to impersonate an officer of the law, especially during an event like this. He was an officer, he is no longer active, but retired, if the story and pic be true.

It would be the equivalent of a retired General or Colonel going onto a military base and telling the military what to do, giving out orders, and/or interfering with operations. Wouldn't it?

No, I'm not saying I totally disagree with this ex-police chief. I'm saying the laws may disagree with this ex-police chief.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

A retired Police Chief being brutally honest toward other officers, and he gets arrested? Is honesty becoming a crime in this day of age? If you think he deserves to be arrested then I suggest you do more research into the Police Departments and how much corruption goes on within the Departments.

link   
Ironic the support for a law enforcement officer here...

as long as he's aligned with Occupy?

Gimme a break.

link   
Wall $treet along with our BRIBED elected officials now have police turning against their own brothers!!

Unbelievable.

Sold their SOULS to the SNAKES!!!

This speaks LOUD and CLEAR that the thin-blue-line isnt here to PROTECT and SERVE We The People, but to SERVE and PROTECT the SNAKES who are RUINING this country.

And my TAXES pay for this GARBAGE??

Unacceptable.
edit on 19-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by capod2t

was he actually breaking the law? no were i have seen how he broke the law.being a retired cop he should know if he is breaking it,other cops seem to know when some does.just wondering

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by diamondsmith

Not that I am aware of all the laws, or even the number of them (it's not like they are required learning in schools)...

But, I don't think it is legal to impersonate an officer of the law, especially during an event like this. He was an officer, he is no longer active, but retired, if the story and pic be true.

It would be the equivalent of a retired General or Colonel going onto a military base and telling the military what to do, giving out orders, and/or interfering with operations. Wouldn't it?

No, I'm not saying I totally disagree with this ex-police chief. I'm saying the laws may disagree with this ex-police chief.

There are times and times when to apply the law,certain situations,what time is this do they understand that the line it's to thick?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

A picture a thousand words!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Gimme a break.

You completely missed the point of my comment.

You just don't see the hypocrisy of what you said.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Gimme a break.

People who criticize specific examples of unjust actions by police are not necessarily cop haters.

I'm not sure if I understand your statement correctly but are you implying that supporters of the Occupy movement automatically dislike all police?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
NYPD has enough going on, what with the sex assaults, rapes, murders, drug use and sales, disease, kids getting heckled on their way to school, businesses being vandalized and blocked from patrons...

Then this hero shows up in uniform to support all of the above?

Just what these guys need right now is some yahoo getting involved causing more confusion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join