It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: time running out to stop a nuclear Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Iran's government is no angel. That much is for sure. They just are not afraid to be transparent about there intentions and where there support lays for others in the region they reside in. They are not fearful of those who oppose them and that pisses western nations off big time. Persia has a rich history as much as the next nation and no one nation is any damn better than the other in my view. There is so much at stake right now globally and the implications are so immense. It's all too damn absurd. The whole lot need to put there big boy pants on and tie there shoes and go do there chores before it hits the fans.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

And now even Canada hails the idea of beating the shiite out of Iran.

Saudis want Iran out.
Emirates want Iran out.
Iraqi sunnis want Iran out.
Israels want Iran out.

And they want somebody else to do the dirty work, always better to top spilling infidels blood on the beach of Persian Gulf.

I don't know why should anybody out of perimeter of Iranian missiles care. Why would we need yet another war tens of thousand miles somewhere in the middle of desert? Will these rappers kill each other, be my guest and be swift and quick, so that I won't waste bandwidth on this sort of war mongering.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by cetaphobic

What are you talking about? Did i say anything in my post about being anti-Muslim? Are you implying that Israel - A democratic SECULAR (nonreligious) government, doesn't grant equal rights of worship to Muslims, Christians, as much as they do Jews???

I'm not anti-Muslim, and in fact, i am confident that i know much more than you or most of the other posters here about Islam. I have a collection of books on Islam, Sufism, and i have a great respect and love for Muslims. HOWEVER, i am not going to ignore the existence of Islamism or the fact of the Muslim Brotherhood and its official stance on Israel, or, Hamas and Hezbollah - both of which are FUNDED by the state of Iran, or the statements made since the Iranian revolution by the Ayatollah Khomeni, and more recently, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, about the need to see Israel - referred to as the "Zionist Regime" - "Vanish from the pages of time".

Iran has already been at war with Israel through its proxies Hezbollah and Hamas. So, what is Israel supposed to do about this?? Iran according to the recent IAEA report on Iran's nuclear program “The report gives detailed information - some new - suggesting that Iran conducted computer modeling of a kind that would only be relevant to a nuclear weapon.” ....Other items in the report which lead to the belief Iran is interested in developing a nuclear weapon include research into “high-speed electronic switches and spark gaps – useful for triggering and firing detonators – and radiation detection and measuring equipment”..

So Israel to just sit aside until Tel Aviv gets nuked? Because this is what is feared, and appears highly plausible. Whether Iran does it themselves or terrorists get a hold of a nuclear weapon and deploy it in Israel doesnt matter. Radical, Islamist governments NEED to be opposed, and frankly, it is nothing short of absurd that a pagan liberal such as yourself would support a government who wouldnt let you walk around without a hijab, or let you out beyond 6 PM without your husband to accompany you.

As usual, it is propaganda, the type that seems to pervade the minds of idealistic liberals who could care less about any information that upsets their support for a popular and cliched stance "against oppression".

It's ok to attack a nation because they made something on a computer? Also if they are making nuke power plants then wouldn't having radiation detection and measuring equipment be handy? So what if someone can't do anything after 6 pm that's none of Israel and Americas business that's between the people of Iran and their government. It seems like the radical Zionist governments are just as war hungry as the Radical, Islamist governments huh?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by cetaphobic

Where do you get the idea that "Israel is just as bloodthirsty as Iran"???

First and foremost, you realize Iran is a theocracy, right? In Iran, women are not allowed on the streets without a man after 6 PM.

Second, if any country is capable of making good on the Islamo-fascist desire to see Israel "vanish from the pages of time", its a nuclear armed Iran.

Until Iran acknowledges Israels right to exist - which they and almost every other Muslim government, barring Uzbekistan, has failed to do, Israel has to do whatever is in within their power to prevent Iran from getting the power they seek by having a nuclear weapon.

Iran also sponsors holocaust denial conferences. Its major politicians routinely call the holocaust a forgery, and essentially assign every evil in the world to Zionism i.e. Jews. Its minister of public relations said Joseph Stalin, and Vladamir Lenin were Jewish - when they are not Jewish. Its a completely anti-Jewish government, opposed, just like the rest of the Muslim world, not to any imaginative crimes leveled against Israel, but the sheer presence of a Jewish state in the midst of the political body of Dar Al Islam.

Stop spreading your propaganda already. They are mad you guys came in made a nation right square in the middle of Palestine. All the rest is anger and hatred poured onto Isreal for this very thing.
Then add on to the fact that Isreal expands and keeps pushing the Palestinians from their homes so Isreali's can have more homes for themselves, is quite despicable.

You guys can't even respect international guidelines on freakin borders and you come here with your "but they want us wiped off the map, feel for us!". Gimme a break, when you learn to respect your neighbours and still have problems with them maybe you will get sympathy, otherwise, your just part of the entire problem.

Both Nations need to get their panties out of their ass and grow up cause their both sickening in their endeavours and I for one want no part in it.
You want to mutually destroy yourself in the name of Allah/God, go for it, just leave the rest of the civilized peaceful world out of it.

If it weren't for the middle-eastern issues we would have a more peaceful world. Ever think about that? Ever think about the example Isreal could set by doing whats right instead of continuing to expand on Palestinian territory?
No it's always about Isreal, cause they only care for themselves and their survival and expansion even if it goes against what most governments have been working for. Isreal as much as Palestine undermines peace daily.

Its time to let these angry bullish children have their war. It's all they want is to destroy each other and no amount of talking will fix it obviously.
Get it done and over with already so we can move into a brighter future. I am tired of seeing generation after generation exposed to this ridiculous problem. If they grew up with this problem resolved they would never care for it and live peacefully, it's those in power today who refuse to work for the children of the future and for that they deserve to suffer.

BTW Iranian Laws are Iranian people's problem, it's not up to Isreal or anyone to dictate to a country what is right or wrong, it is up to it's people whom we should support. Seems to me the people of Iran are not in revolt and had they it was no successful, leading us to believe the majority believe in their leadership.
Who is Isreal to come into Iran and tell them how to live? Seriously? Who gave them that right? Whoever did needs a slap.
edit on 20-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Does anyone seriously believe anything Iran says after its leader publicly commented that homosexuals do not exist in Iran a few years back. Yeah...right.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Expat888

You people are MAD!

Instead of accepting them? Are you a satanist? Israel was granted a tiny ass plot of land in the northeast of Palestine in 1947. The Arabs of Palestine (the western half) were granted 80%, Judea, Samaria, the Negev, Gaza, and parts of the Galilee. Did they accept it?

When Israel proclaimed this tiny allotment their own state, what did the Arabs do? 6 Arab nations assembled and attacked the tiny Jewish state, just 5 years after the holocaust.

Again, in '67, the Arabs, led by Egypt and Jordan, attacked Israel.

Where the # do you get this bull# that Israel is butchering the Palestinians, when every major war, in '48, '67, and '73, was initiated by the Arabs. Even the issue of Palestinian refugees, is a blatant creation of the Arab league - BLATANT, and everyone knows it - to create world sympathy for the Palestinian cause.

The entire thing of a Palestinian people, of Israel oppresing the Palestinians, is a myth! and it is absolutely nauseating to read the filth that pours forth from the minds of the people who post here. Ignoramuses. none of you have probably even read a book on the subject, yet you obnoxiously reply in your ignorance as if you have any knowledge of merit to do so.

I am sick and tired of the filth you spew in every thread relating to the middle-east. You turn everything into a religious debate. Everything you say has to do with petitioning for sympathy of Jews and/or Israel itself. Even if it doesn't come up in the discussion or original topic, you have to create it. All you do is cause strife and create a divide in discussion. Here you are insulting everyone like the over-zealous bigoted warmonger you are.

Yet another blatant ZIONIST that I place on ignore. My life on ATS will be for the better.

You get no respect or back-and-forth discussion from anyone because you are inflammatory and stubborn, not because "everyone but me is an ignoramus". Ugh. You made your bed, now lie in it.
edit on 20-11-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Err.. nothing he said was anything towards making this a religious debate. And furthermore you weren't even trying to prove him wrong.

How childish are you to read one's post, claim something wrong about it, and yell how you must ignore it now? I mean you have already addressed it.. Wouldn't it be better to atleast spend that little time in disproving it instead of making false accusations?

But yeah I figure I am hoping too much. You probably feed off those stars people just gave you for practically being immature.
edit on 21-11-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeirdFuture77
Does anyone seriously believe anything Iran says after its leader publicly commented that homosexuals do not exist in Iran a few years back. Yeah...right.

And obviously you fully understand the meaning of that phrase said by people different from you from a different culture? Just like how some people are convinced that Iran threatened to "wipe Israel off of the map" when it was a mistranslation the whole time?

And do you not remember say, 10-20 years ago when any public homosexual behavior could result in a lynching or jail time in Western countries? It was like that here in Canada.

Seriously, what do you expect from the Islamic Republic of Iran? They live under religious doctrine, not political, and this is what the population wants. You think they're going to be waving rainbow flags because people in the US do it? Yeah, real objective way to judge the Iranian government. I'm sure that they would be attacked left right and centre by people who take Islam seriously if they started some homosexual reforms, hence why they don't do it.

If you don't like the fact that homosexuality is not big in Iran, than live somewhere else where it is if you're so concerned.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How convenient. Justify execution of homosexuals with the fact that it's what the majority wants.

I suppose this majority justification also applies to Israel, yes? Whenever Israel invades Gaza - it's what the majority wants, and we're not going to change because you want it.

Also, how very nice of you to say

If you don't like the fact that homosexuality is not big in Iran, than live somewhere else where it is if you're so concerned.

But somehow I get the feeling that, if I say something like "If you don't like the fact that Israel is a Jewish country, then live somewhere else if you're so concerned", the same logic would somehow not apply. Suddenly it will become a fascist thing to say. But not when dealing with Iran.

Simply laughable.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th
reply to post by dontreally

Until Iran acknowledges Israels right to exist - which they and almost every other Muslim government, barring Uzbekistan, has failed to do, Israel has to do whatever is in within their power to prevent Iran from getting the power they seek by having a nuclear weapon.

And Israel refuses to acknowledge the existence of Palestine so does that mean the Palestinians and Hamas have every right to attack Israel ???
Israel DOES have nukes...

Or as usual, does it only work for Israel.

No country has the right to nuclear arms. NOT ONE.

BUT...since some countries have had it for a long time we should be convinced that they will continue to not use them.

EVERY new country trying to get nuclear arms should be denied immediately, especially a country that the world thinks they WILL use it.

How hard is that?

The less nuclear arms the better. We do not need more, and we cannot put these things in the wrong hands because 1 of these things can destroy our world. Forget that crap about well so and so have these weapons so why cant so and so have it. Thats stupid. No one should have it. The countries that DO have them have yet to destroy the earth so YES they can be trusted.

New counties should be denied immediately and i'd even go as far as saying, counties who are even THOUGHT to have bad intentions with these weapons should be forcefully denied if they dont agree.

Why let Iran have nuclear weapons? Because others do? Thats stupid.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
How convenient. Justify execution of homosexuals with the fact that it's what the majority wants.

I suppose this majority justification also applies to Israel, yes? Whenever Israel invades Gaza - it's what the majority wants, and we're not going to change because you want it.

Also, how very nice of you to say

But somehow I get the feeling that, if I say something like "If you don't like the fact that Israel is a Jewish country, then live somewhere else if you're so concerned", the same logic would somehow not apply. Suddenly it will become a fascist thing to say. But not when dealing with Iran.

Simply laughable.

Please explain what a comment about "no homosexuals in Iran" has to do with executing them? Because that seems like quite a sensationalist interpretation to me.

And since when does commenting on individual sexual preference suddenly turn into comments about Jews?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Please explain what a comment about "no homosexuals in Iran" has to do with executing them? Because that seems like quite a sensationalist interpretation to me.

Sensationalist? Feel free to ask these 3 men if there is anything sensational about it. Oh, they are dead.

Call it execution or prosecution, the fact still remains that homosexual people in Iran are in grave danger. Seeing as how it was said there are no homosexuals in Iran, while obviously there are, and they are outlawed, that comment is very bizzare.

And since when does commenting on individual sexual preference suddenly turn into comments about Jews?

It does not turn into anything, I was making an analogy.
You said "If you don't like the fact that homosexuality is not big in Iran, than live somewhere else where it is if you're so concerned." - a statement which I think is unfair for the citizens if Iran. For clarifying why I think it is ignorant I used the analogy of Israel being a Jewish country and if you don't like it you are more than welcome to leave.

My statement is obviously also unfair, thus leads me to the question of how would you felt like if you were complaining about an anti-Arabic event that occurred in Israel, only to be answered with that same type of sentence? You would not like it, that's for sure.

But I'm sure I'm explaining this for nothing as you obviously know how wrong it is to use that type of statements and you are more than likely beating around the bush.
edit on 24-11-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The time ran out a long time ago to stop a nuclear Israel, and now they are using the nuke as a triumph card while terrorizing their neighbours.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Why do we openly call these countries "backward, 3rd world countries" and then complain about their "slightly" outdated laws?
Should we not simply be peacefully trying to persuade them to alter their ways?

Remember, many civilized countries,including the US, were no better just a few decades ago..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

You can call Iran backwards all you want.

Perhaps you should come to such a liberal country as where I am from, Canada, and ask random people what they think about homosexuals. Just because they are accepted into society and the legal system now (unlike a decade or two ago), DOES NOT mean that they are accepted by the majority of the population. A homosexual person would not survive long in the town where I came from, despite what "liberal" stance our country has on them.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in dictating peoples' personal lives. I am also not interested in spreading the word to attack countries that aren't officially on the same page as us, especially when most traditional and conservative-minded people think alike regardless of borders.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join