It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: time running out to stop a nuclear Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The day i listen to Israel is the day i eat my own turd.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Please take your religious rhetoric elsewhere

and what was religious in my post?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

And I'm sure you think any anti-Muslim government is totally rad, right? Because Jews can do no wrong, but Muslims can do nothing but wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Until Iran acknowledges Israels right to exist - which they and almost every other Muslim government, barring Uzbekistan, has failed to do, Israel has to do whatever is in within their power to prevent Iran from getting the power they seek by having a nuclear weapon.

And Israel refuses to acknowledge the existence of Palestine so does that mean the Palestinians and Hamas have every right to attack Israel ???
Israel DOES have nukes...

Or as usual, does it only work for Israel.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm convinced the West wants to obliterate Islam to the point where it will only be practised by small numbers of goat herders in underground caves....

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hey Israel - You give up your nuclear weapons and materials first...

We all know that wont happen..

Israel now making n.korea look sane with its antics lately... Not to mention israels same old excuses still do not justify invading another country and committing more mass murder..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Israel now making n.korea look sane with its antics lately...

That honestly has to be one of the truest things I have heard all day

It made me laugh too

edit on 19-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

What are you talking about? Did i say anything in my post about being anti-Muslim? Are you implying that Israel - A democratic SECULAR (nonreligious) government, doesn't grant equal rights of worship to Muslims, Christians, as much as they do Jews???

I'm not anti-Muslim, and in fact, i am confident that i know much more than you or most of the other posters here about Islam. I have a collection of books on Islam, Sufism, and i have a great respect and love for Muslims. HOWEVER, i am not going to ignore the existence of Islamism or the fact of the Muslim Brotherhood and its official stance on Israel, or, Hamas and Hezbollah - both of which are FUNDED by the state of Iran, or the statements made since the Iranian revolution by the Ayatollah Khomeni, and more recently, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, about the need to see Israel - referred to as the "Zionist Regime" - "Vanish from the pages of time".

Iran has already been at war with Israel through its proxies Hezbollah and Hamas. So, what is Israel supposed to do about this?? Iran according to the recent IAEA report on Iran's nuclear program “The report gives detailed information - some new - suggesting that Iran conducted computer modeling of a kind that would only be relevant to a nuclear weapon.” ....Other items in the report which lead to the belief Iran is interested in developing a nuclear weapon include research into “high-speed electronic switches and spark gaps – useful for triggering and firing detonators – and radiation detection and measuring equipment”..

So Israel to just sit aside until Tel Aviv gets nuked? Because this is what is feared, and appears highly plausible. Whether Iran does it themselves or terrorists get a hold of a nuclear weapon and deploy it in Israel doesnt matter. Radical, Islamist governments NEED to be opposed, and frankly, it is nothing short of absurd that a pagan liberal such as yourself would support a government who wouldnt let you walk around without a hijab, or let you out beyond 6 PM without your husband to accompany you.

As usual, it is propaganda, the type that seems to pervade the minds of idealistic liberals who could care less about any information that upsets their support for a popular and cliched stance "against oppression".

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

As usual, it is propaganda,

First time I agree with you and I wish Israel would knock it off..
All their propaganda is annoying and based on nothing factual..

All full of maybes, possibly and if's...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

The original Palestinian mandate, which includes modern day Jordan and Israel, has already created a state for the Palestinian people. Jordanians are PALESTINIANS.

Link

So you're essentially calling for a 2nd state for Arabs in Palestine, because the 1st was created long ago, on land originally promised by the British for a Jewish state.

Since the British gave 80% away to an Arab Hashemite prince from the Hedjaz, its a little brazen for people to still call for another Palestinian state, in an area that has been traditionally JEWISH i.e. the "West bank" is a post '67 term for Judea and Samaria, and an area which would leave the economic heartland of Israel, the Tel-Aviv, Jaffa, Haifa region, completely exposed to the mountainous hills of the west bank. This is completely and totally unfair, and unreasonable, and the only reason people don't get it is because they are being scammed by a media which ignores these fundamental facts.
edit on 19-11-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I know you believe the report that was recently released by the IAEA but even Reuters hints that it's less than truthful.

I will re-quote a portion of the article that I pointed out in my OP just in case you missed it

Barak, a former Israeli prime minister, said a report earlier this month by the U.N. nuclear watchdog that Tehran appeared to have worked on designing an atomic bomb and may still be conducting secret research had had a sobering effect on world leaders and was driving urgent, intensive diplomacy.

You seem rather intelligent so I'm assuming you saw the parts where it says "appeared to have worked on designing an atomic bomb" and "may still be conducting secret research". Those are not very convincing accusations. I will even be nice and link you to the report so you can direct me towards the proof. I read it and couldn't find any.

Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and relevant provisions of Security Council resolutions in the Islamic Republic of Iran

Just so you know I'm rather familiar with this report as I have dissected various portions of it due to another member's untruthful statements in another thread.
edit on 19-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: accusations

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The USA and Israel are the Scut Farkus and Grover Dil of international relations, hopefully one these 'Ralphie' nations like Iran will stand up one day and put an end to their hyprocritical 'Do as I say, Not as I do' foreign policy.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

This is completely and totally unfair, and unreasonable, and the only reason people don't get it is because they are being scammed by a media which ignores these fundamental facts.

So cry me a river, or maybe 4...

The Jews now have MORE land than was mandated to them in the final treaty thanks to their aggressive nature..

Also many of the Jews in Israel have no genetic links to the land as you do know it's a religion, not a race right??
No one is really sure who are original Israelites, they may in fact be some that are being kicked off "their" land..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

The original Palestinian mandate, which includes modern day Jordan and Israel, has already created a state for the Palestinian people. Jordanians are PALESTINIANS.

Link

So you're essentially calling for a 2nd state for Arabs in Palestine, because the 1st was created long ago, on land originally promised by the British for a Jewish state.

Since the British gave 80% away to an Arab Hashemite prince from the Hedjaz, its a little brazen for people to still call for another Palestinian state, in an area that has been traditionally JEWISH i.e. the "West bank" is a post '67 term for Judea and Samaria, and an area which would leave the economic heartland of Israel, the Tel-Aviv, Jaffa, Haifa region, completely exposed to the mountainous hills of the west bank. This is completely and totally unfair, and unreasonable, and the only reason people don't get it is because they are being scammed by a media which ignores these fundamental facts.
edit on 19-11-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

and rather than gracefully accepting what they were give and living in peace with the palestinians israel butchers them..destroys their homes and steals their land..

same old israeli attempt to derail the topic from israels latest psychotic antics...yaaaaawwwnn..israeli propaganda all too predictable and tiresome to listen to...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

How it "less then truthful"? Because the IAEA is forced to assemble this information through 3rd parties, because Iran refuses to make their nuclear program transparent? I think the conclusion the IAEA has come to is completely reasonable. Based on the evidence they have, it has become increasingly clear that Iran's nuclear program is designed for weaponization.

This, plus the vitriolic anti-Jewish/Israel rhetoric.

Just look at what Mohammad-Ali Ramin, Iran's deputy culture minister for press, who ironically enough, was organizer of the International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust, has to say about Israel and Jews:

"Historically, there are many accusations against the Jews. For example, it was said that they were the source for such deadly diseases as the plague and typhus. This is because the Jews are very filthy people. For a time people also said that they poisoned water wells belonging to Christians and thus killed them"

link

This man essentially says whatever he wants to about Israel.

Hitler was a Jew

And so was Joseph Stalin and Vladamir Lenin, apparently.

"The Bolshevik Soviet government in Lenin's time, and later, in Stalin's - both of whom were Jewish, though they presented themselves as Marxists and atheists... - was one of the forces that, until the Second World War, cooperated with Hitler in promoting the idea of establishing the State of Israel."[36]

link

This is the SAME noxious Nazi-style propaganda, where everything evil and horrible in the world is attributed to the Jews. And to prove his disdain is for Jews, why would he seek to justify the inane theories of the middle ages of the Jews being behind typhus and the plague, because the "Jews are dirty"??? When as a matter of fact, if anything, Jews were the more cleaner of peoples, because with each meal, as a matter of Halacha (religious law), they have to wash their hands, before and after. This is why the plague struck Christian communities, where such cleanliness wasn't emphasized, as opposed to Jewish communities, where it was.

It frightens me when people cant see whats right in front of their faces.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Since you insist on discussing Iran's treatment of Jews you leave me no choice:

There are 25,000 Jews living in Iran. When Israel backed a plan to pay Iranian Jewish families $60,000 to settle in Israel, Society of Iranian Jews met the announcement with scorn, issuing this statement: "The identity of Iranian Jews is not tradable for any amount of money. Iranian Jews are among the most ancient Iranians. Iran's Jews love their Iranian identity and their culture, so threats and this immature political enticement will not achieve their aim of wiping out the identity of Iranian Jews."

You Israel supporters make me pull this video out a couple times a week with all that propaganda you speak.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

This man essentially says whatever he wants to about Israel.

Give it a rest..Israel is very good at the same thing as your opinion of the IAEA report clearly shows..

There is literally NO physical proof that Iran is looking at making a bomb and yet YOU buy it "hook,line & sinker"..

How is that any different??

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

You people are MAD!

Instead of accepting them? Are you a satanist? Israel was granted a tiny ass plot of land in the northeast of Palestine in 1947. The Arabs of Palestine (the western half) were granted 80%, Judea, Samaria, the Negev, Gaza, and parts of the Galilee. Did they accept it?

When Israel proclaimed this tiny allotment their own state, what did the Arabs do? 6 Arab nations assembled and attacked the tiny Jewish state, just 5 years after the holocaust.

Again, in '67, the Arabs, led by Egypt and Jordan, attacked Israel.

Where the # do you get this bull# that Israel is butchering the Palestinians, when every major war, in '48, '67, and '73, was initiated by the Arabs. Even the issue of Palestinian refugees, is a blatant creation of the Arab league - BLATANT, and everyone knows it - to create world sympathy for the Palestinian cause.

The entire thing of a Palestinian people, of Israel oppresing the Palestinians, is a myth! and it is absolutely nauseating to read the filth that pours forth from the minds of the people who post here. Ignoramuses. none of you have probably even read a book on the subject, yet you obnoxiously reply in your ignorance as if you have any knowledge of merit to do so.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

There are 25,000 Jews living in Iran. When Israel backed a plan to pay Iranian Jewish families $60,000 to settle in Israel,

Classic Israel..
BRIBE the Jews into coming to Israel and then they would have been all over the news saying,

"See how Iran treats Jews..They all leave to come back to Israel'

Man Israel is so predictable..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Iran's Jewish population, a small portion of them (the majority being refugees from Iraq) are descendents fof those Jews who went to Persia during the Babylonian exile, ala, whats recorded in the book of Esther. They seek to preserve the memory of the Jewish presence in the land.

It'll be a mistake they will regret when Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities, mark my words.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join