It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must watch for christians - Jews explain how Allah is the God of Abraham!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boony

You know the words "we're" and "were" are similar sounding words, look nearly the same even. Interchangeable to some people as well, but that doesnt make it so in reality. They are different words that mean different things.

Except its similar sounding words in english thats being disputed.

In case you are still interested in discussing the OP, Allah, Eloh, Eloi are semitic variations for the same word meaning "God". In that respect, I'd rather listen to jews who know the language over English speakers who dont.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Except its similar sounding words in english thats being disputed.

(meant to say *Hebrew )

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
According to Christians, Jews, AND Muslims, they all believe in Abraham and that he worshiped the one true God. So duh, I didn't think this needed to be pointed out.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

According to Christians, Jews, AND Muslims, they all believe in Abraham and that he worshiped the one true God.

Its true.

However, the christians hold that the muslims are worshipping a different God, and try and exclude Islam from the semitic religions.
Christians also believe that their God is the same as the jews, despite the fact that jews distance themselves away from the christian concept of God being a trinity.

On the other hand, the jews(who many christians defend) and muslims mutually agree that they both worship the God of Abraham.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boony

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by boony

That implies God is Spirit, separate from Himself.

It says spirit of God. Not God as spirit. So it implies that the spirit of God was seperate from God. Spirits are agents of God, who carry out His will. That particular spirit hovering over the water was no different.
What about the 7 spirits mentioned in Isaiah? Should they be added to the trinity as well? What about the lying spirit from God? How come they dont get to be part of the trinity?

"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." That from the Torah and Jews still wont/cant answer or explain what that means.

God was talking to the angels.
How does "us" indicate that it is a number that you want it to be?

Anyway, I am not Jewish.... but if you would like to ask a Rabbi about this further...
www.askmoses.com...

edit on 19-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

What a silly reply. Do you know what you are talking about?

Question: The word "Allah" as used in your September 1993 issue is not correct. The Hausa translation of the Bible in northern Nigeria uses Allah as a designation for the true God. Allah is therefore the same divine being in both the Islamic and Jewish faiths and the one who became man for the salvation of mankind.

Answer: The translators, by using a term familiar to the Muslims in northern Nigeria, no doubt thought they were being helpful. But by using Allah in the Hausa language, they have succeeded, instead, in creating confusion. Allah is no mere linguistic designation for God, as Dios in Spanish or Dieu in French. Allah is the name of the god of Islam. In fact, Allah was the name of the chief god among the numerous idols in the Kaaba in Mecca, which represented the deities of travelers passing through in the caravans. Allah was the god of the local Quraish, Muhammad's tribe, before Islam was invented. Muhammad smashed the idols but kept the black stone which is still kissed today by Muslims. He kept, too, the name Allah for the god of Islam (its sign was the crescent moon) in order to appeal to his own tribe.

Allah has definite characteristics: he is not a father, has no son, is not a triune being but a single (and thus incomplete) entity who destroys rather than saves sinners, has compassion on only the righteous, does not deal in grace but only rewards good deeds, has no way to redeem the lost sinners, etc. Allah is not the God of the Bible.

www.menorah.org...

They are not the same and never have been. Jewish ecumenicalism.
The Jews greatest sin is idol worship.
edit on 20-11-2011 by boony because: Fun stuff

Yes, I agree with this and my own studies have led me to the same conclusion.

Allah des not come from Israel. Allah is the god of Islam and came from a different pagan pre Islamic tradition. It has been traced. Remember there is more historical evidence of the origins of Islam as it came much later. The Catholic Church worked with Islam's founder to create the religion. It is all documented if one cares to take the time to study. These videos don't reflect the findings of serious academia I am afraid.

Ps. Did you know M was assasinated by a jewish woman? That is why Muslims hate Jews!!! It was in revenge for his slaughter of a Jewish community who would not let him pass through and humiliated him. It is all a very real, historical happening. Personally, I think it is a corruption and a counterfeit of both Judaism and Christianity and M is a false prophet who was in reality a war lord who lived by the sword and died by it.

Sorry, but I don't like Islam. I like very much Arabic people. So beautiful. But I think they have had forced upon them a bad teacher. Being totally arrogant my Savior Christ is the real deal. He did not live by the sword and lived an unblemished, innocent and perfect life, a Wise and Good Teacher!
edit on 30-1-2012 by Revolution9 because: clarification.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Allah des not come from Israel. Allah is the god of Islam and came from a different pagan pre Islamic tradition.

What? You believe the real God has to come from Israel???? I cant believe what Im reading.

It just shows how infatuated some christians are with a strip of land in the middle east. It seems to me, you worship that land more than the Creator.

edit on 30-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join