It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Shaddai is YHWH (Yahweh), Allah is Al-ilah the moon-god also called Sin of Sinai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This interesting article i found while i was looking information on YHWH gives some details in the difference between El Sheddai (a.k.a. Yahweh) and Allah. This is what part of the article has to say about Allah:

www.messianicart.com...

El is the general title for Yahweh. It is used 250 times in the Tanach. The earliest combination of El Yah inscription (Late Bronze Age) was found on a beautiful Ewer, discovered in a rubbish heap of a temple at Lachish in 1934. The Lachish Ewer (1220 BCE) bares the title El coupled with the abbreviated name Yah embossed with the Menorah and a sacrificial ram.

This title draws attention to the fact that one is worshipping the one true El. This is the most common title for Yahweh and comes from the ancient Hebrew word “ul” meaning, “to be strong.” In other Semitic tongues El is referred as Ellah (Ancient Hebrew - Ezra 5:11), Eloah (Hebrew - Deut. 32:17), Ilu (Akkadian), Elahh (Chaldean), and Allah (Arabic – though this was applied to the Arab moon deity also called Sin of Sinai).

"If this were an authentic history, the textbook would explain that the god of Muhammad was man's creation. Arabia was a pagan nation that worshiped over 300 gods. One of those was the moon god named, al-ilah. Legend has it that the moon god mated with the sun god and had two daughters, both of whom were worshiped as goddesses. When Muhammad claimed to have had his `vision' and `revelation from Gabriel' he chose al-ilah as the god to build his army around. Muhammad shortened the name, al-ilah, to, Allah, and declared that he alone should be worshiped. He forbade the worship of the daughters. To this day, a crescent moon can be found at the front of every mosque, acknowledging that Allah was, and is the moon god."

Below is an interesting article i dug up while looking for material from an unrelated topic i had originally intended for another thread:

www.answering-islam.org...

Allah's true name is Sin.

Sin is not YHWH's true name. If you do not follow YHWH, you are following Sin.

Origins of the name of Sin:

www.dhushara.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sin that's not too bad at least it's not like the Jewish God who is Satan himself. Revelation 2:9 I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Nice start on a bash Islam thread.
edit on 19-11-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the information posted is quite interesting actually. The more we look into the YHWH name, the more that seems to get revealed

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
double post?
edit on 19/11/11 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
To me, studying this information for the past few months has become extremely important towards understanding why They have been perpetuating these wars.

Always interesting to learn more. Thanks for the thread.

Dionysus is very real.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
For so long the organized religions have kept a choke hold on wisdom to prevent the masses from discovering fallacies and lies. If man can pray to his god directly without intervention by priests, mullahs, or pastors, then how would these religious mafias make a profit? Fear and ignorance are the best tools for keeping a populace down, and how else to do this but by eternal damnation? Now we have the means to discover the truths kept long hidden, to discover the secrets considered heratical and divisive. Those who continue to follow blindly without question a religious precept that will ultimately lead to their demise are fools, and those who try to encourage others, criminal. Question everything. Study hard. Be alert, and Know. Very good post, OP. I will be reading your links with enthusiasm!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Allah was recognized by Arabs before Islam came. Allah was known to be the supreme God, but the arabs took other gods alongside him, said that the other gods were a medium between The One. When Muhammad recieved his revelation, it was declared that Allah, GOD, was one. Whether or not the arabs considered Allah to be a moon god or not before Islam was irrelevant. Islam entirely changed the religion which the arabs had.
The Qur'an states that Allah Is One, Allah is besought of all, He does not beget nor is he begotten. And there is none equal to him. [Chapter 112]

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
If man can pray to his god directly without intervention by priests, mullahs, or pastors, then how would these religious mafias make a profit?

Mullahs do not form any sort of intervention between the people and Allah. Mullahs (more commonly known as Imams and Shaikhs) are teachers. They have studied the religion and so they pass on the knowledge and wisdom to others so they can benefit, and know right from wrong, and worship Allah as he aught to.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detrucci
the information posted is quite interesting actually. The more we look into the YHWH name, the more that seems to get revealed

Yes, more and more is revealed. Here is what I found about YHWH:
Is The Biblical Yahweh actually a Dragon? And it makes perfect sense, after researching the KJV Bible for awhile. To many Christians, the above question would be blasphemous to even contemplate! They would never even consider the thought, much less actually do the research to find out for sure!
Curious too that Enlil is Sumerian for "wind/storm-god."

Dragons are mentioned in the bible plenty of times, too, here are a few examples:

Job 30:29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.

Psalms 44:19 Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.

Psalms 74:13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

Psalms 148:7 Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:

Isaiah 13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Jeremiah 9:11And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.

Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

drakon is the Greek word in the Septuagint in Jeremiah 9:11, which is the same word that is used in Exodus in the story of Moses and the sorcerers of Pharaoh, so it could just mean serpent.

edit on 19-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

. . . information on YHWH gives some details in the difference between El Sheddai (a.k.a. Yahweh) . . .
El is often used as a generic name for God and comes from the father God, who YHWH is one of the sons of, the Shaddayyin, who are the mountain demons. El is also about the most common word in the Old Testament because it also means, the. So something like El Shaddai could mean the shaddai (one of the Shaddayyin). It is probably a reference to YHWH the Median mountain god, who got adopted by some later Canaanites. There is no actual record of there being such a god other than a rather obscure storm god related to weather originating, from the perspective of someone living in Palestine, a thunder storm from the Sinai region. Much later, it was probably recalled by exiled Jews to be connected to their mythical king David, since it sounded something a little close to the name, Jerusalem.
edit on 19-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nearlyfabled
Allah was recognized by Arabs before Islam came. Allah was known to be the supreme God, but the arabs took other gods alongside him, said that the other gods were a medium between The One. When Muhammad recieved his revelation, it was declared that Allah, GOD, was one. Whether or not the arabs considered Allah to be a moon god or not before Islam was irrelevant. Islam entirely changed the religion which the arabs had.
The Qur'an states that Allah Is One, Allah is besought of all, He does not beget nor is he begotten. And there is none equal to him. [Chapter 112]

Allah was created by Muhammad as a means of justifying his brutality and conquest, Allah is taken from al-ilah who is in reality Sin of Sinai. The sun god and the moon god (al-ilah) had intercourse and 2 daughters were born and worshipped as goddesses but Muhammad threw them out to make his subjugation of the women complete. Having 2 goddesses on his hands would have ruined his plans for dominating women instead of making them more equal and would ruin his creation of a One True God to combat the growing christian religion that was sweeping across the land. In other words Muhammad totally disregarded the sum 360 gods in the pre-islam religion of which Al-ilah (Sin) was part of in order to compete with the jewish/christian monotheist God YHWH and then inserted himself as a "prophet" to gild the lily.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Allah's true name is Sin.

So basically all those Arabic speaking christians are actually worshipping Sin because the only word for "God" in Arabic happens to be Allah?

And oh... look what the makers of "Passion of the Christ" made the actor playing Jesus say ...

fast forward to 1:24

I knew it!! Mel Gibson was a secret muslim!!!
... then again so was Jesus.

edit on 19-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nearlyfabled

I can understand the concept, but as the Koran instructs to tithe one seventh of one's funds to Allah, since I doubt he personally collects, does not this go to the mosque? What does god need with money, in any religion? I am all for helping the poor with funds, the homeless with a roof over their heads, and the hungry with food...but when funds can be so easily absconded from the temple coffers by 'holy men' I tend to grow a little skeptical.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

Where did you hear that muslims are instructed to give 1/7th of their funds to God? There is no such thing in Islam.

Zakat, however, IS required of all muslims, but the amount isn't specified in the Quran. According to orthodox tradition, the sayings of the Prophet mention giving 1/40th of your savings of the year to charity. This certainly doesn't go to the mosque (although some mosques in some communities collect the money together to give it to charity, muslims don't HAVE to give through those mosques, they can give on their own). The recipients of this Zakat, however, ARE clearly mentioned in the Quran, including those who cannot meet their basic needs, those suffering from absolute poverty, slaves (to pay their owners to set them free), defaulters in debt, and travellers who are in need.

As for the original topic, I'm sorry, lonewolf, you've been victim to some intentional inaccuracies on the part of those websites. The moon god at the time of Muhammad was "Wadd" or "Amm". There was no god called "Sin" at this time. There was also no god called "Al-ilah". "Allah" was a proper term for the creator God BEFORE the time of Muhammad, and the name Allah was used by Christians and Jews contemporary to Muhammad to refer to God, as well as to refer to the Creator God in the pre-islamic pagan pantheon (although again, he was the Creator God, not the moon god, which was Wadd or Amm).
edit on 20-11-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by volafox

I can understand the concept, but as the Koran instructs to tithe one seventh of one's funds to Allah, since I doubt he personally collects, does not this go to the mosque? What does god need with money, in any religion? I am all for helping the poor with funds, the homeless with a roof over their heads, and the hungry with food...but when funds can be so easily absconded from the temple coffers by 'holy men' I tend to grow a little skeptical.

The money is in the form of charity that is meant to be given to the poor.
Islam teaches that when one gives in charity, it is to be kept a secret as much as possible and done with the intent of pleasing God alone. One is not to make a big show out of it... or boast about it.

The concept of charity in Islam is pretty much the same charity that Jesus preached.

top topics

join