It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: How US mercenaries offered Gaddafi $10m deal to flee Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Revealed: How US mercenaries offered Gaddafi $10m deal to flee Libya

www.dailymail.co.uk

With the violence and chaos in Libya escalating as the country descended into civil war earlier this year, many were struck by the image of a country in turmoil.

But one group of mercenary individuals saw just one thing- a lucrative business opportunity.

Four Americans: a former CIA agent, a DC terrorism expert, a Kansas city lawyer and a onetime Republican National Committee member, offered themselves to Gaddafi as consultants for hire, new documents found in a Tripoli government building and published on Facebook show.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The NATO countries obviously had tons of people on the ground since the very beginning. This part of the article really stuck out to me.

"The consultants promised to help free up billions of dollars in frozen Libyan assets by moving the government into line with United Nations resolutions."

I have a feeling if Gadaffi would have taken the bait they would have assassinated him. He knew way too much and was no longer an asset and would be better off dead to the people he had the knowledge to expose.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here is the letter. You can see it better in this picture.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My hope is that his knowledge does get out... Apparently he had knowledge other countries crimes to rip them a new hole... Who wouldn't love to get a hold of this info and let the world discover what criminals the UN really are.

Sadly, not that much would change though... I mean even if the government went on air tomorrow and told everyone religion is just a control mechanism and that the government is bought and paid for everyday by the highest bidder, the sheeple will still think it's a conspiracy and stand behind their puppets.

I only have one question... well 2 really... When is enough, enough and what does it take to make a free country?

It's not just people dying in the war, but they are dying in the streets here... Katrina was a wake up call to show us how the future will be played out... Ignore the dying and lie your asses off to the suffering, while controlling both sides of the coin. I wish someone would turn the tables...

I for one hope that his death will be a message for those who CAN make a difference and hope that a plan is in motion to expose the crimes of the governments so that they can be held accountable.

I'm tired of living a lie...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

I am right there with you

I know Gadaffi wasn't a saint, but he was nowhere near as bad as he was made out to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It might have been a ploy to lure Gaddafi out and make him vanish, but it could also have been a legit offer - remember that this wasn't an isolated instance of US officials trying to aid Gaddafi, even against their own country.

Secret files: US officials aided Gaddafi

I found what appeared to be the minutes of a meeting between senior Libyan officials – Abubakr Alzleitny and Mohammed Ahmed Ismail – and David Welch, former assistant secretary of state under George W Bush. Welch was the man who brokered the deal to restore diplomatic relations between the US and Libya in 2008.
Papers and files were strewn about the offices of Libya's intelligence agency [Evan Hill/Al Jazeera]

Welch now works for Bechtel, a multinational American company with billion-dollar construction deals across the Middle East. The documents record that, on August 2, 2011, David Welch met with Gaddafi's officials at the Four Seasons Hotel in Cairo, just a few blocks from the US embassy.

During that meeting Welch advised Gaddafi's team on how to win the propaganda war, suggesting several "confidence-building measures", according to the documents. The documents appear to indicate that an influential US political personality was advising Gaddafi on how to beat the US and NATO.

Leaked Cable: McCain Promised Qaddafi To Help Secure Military Equipment From U.S.

For all the braying by the Senate’s top three hawks about how the U.S. wasn’t doing enough to oust Libyan dictator Col. Muammar Qaddafi from power, one might be surprised to learn that exactly two years ago, Sens. John McCain (R-AZ), Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) were in Tripoli meeting with the erratic leader and giving him assurances that relations between the nations were on the mend.

The ties between Tripoli and Washington must have been much deeper than anyone was willing to admit. I have no doubt that those who worked on making those ties (especially within the military-industrial complex, which Bechtel is a major player in) would have tried to salvage those ties.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

I am right there with you

I know Gadaffi wasn't a saint, but he was nowhere near as bad as he was made out to be.

Let's not forget what they did to his banks too...

Robert Wenzel of Economic Policy Journal thinks the central banking initiative reveals that foreign powers may have a strong influence over the rebels.

Really? Duh...

edit on 20-11-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
It might have been a ploy to lure Gaddafi out and make him vanish, but it could also have been a legit offer - remember that this wasn't an isolated instance of US officials trying to aid Gaddafi, even against their own country.

Secret files: US officials aided Gaddafi

I found what appeared to be the minutes of a meeting between senior Libyan officials – Abubakr Alzleitny and Mohammed Ahmed Ismail – and David Welch, former assistant secretary of state under George W Bush. Welch was the man who brokered the deal to restore diplomatic relations between the US and Libya in 2008.
Papers and files were strewn about the offices of Libya's intelligence agency [Evan Hill/Al Jazeera]

Welch now works for Bechtel, a multinational American company with billion-dollar construction deals across the Middle East. The documents record that, on August 2, 2011, David Welch met with Gaddafi's officials at the Four Seasons Hotel in Cairo, just a few blocks from the US embassy.

During that meeting Welch advised Gaddafi's team on how to win the propaganda war, suggesting several "confidence-building measures", according to the documents. The documents appear to indicate that an influential US political personality was advising Gaddafi on how to beat the US and NATO.

Leaked Cable: McCain Promised Qaddafi To Help Secure Military Equipment From U.S.

For all the braying by the Senate’s top three hawks about how the U.S. wasn’t doing enough to oust Libyan dictator Col. Muammar Qaddafi from power, one might be surprised to learn that exactly two years ago, Sens. John McCain (R-AZ), Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) were in Tripoli meeting with the erratic leader and giving him assurances that relations between the nations were on the mend.

The ties between Tripoli and Washington must have been much deeper than anyone was willing to admit. I have no doubt that those who worked on making those ties (especially within the military-industrial complex, which Bechtel is a major player in) would have tried to salvage those ties.

Looks to me like they wanted him to be another puppet and he took the "I'd rather die" approach...

Isn't this the same thing the Mob did? Make an offer... if they refuse, kill them...

Talk about double standards...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
The NATO countries obviously had tons of people on the ground since the very beginning. This part of the article really stuck out to me.

"The consultants promised to help free up billions of dollars in frozen Libyan assets by moving the government into line with United Nations resolutions."

I have a feeling if Gadaffi would have taken the bait they would have assassinated him.

The South African intelligence services are investigating the role of a British company in a mission to help Colonel Gaddafi flee from Libya which ended in his capture and death.

According to a senior intelligence source, both the British firm and a woman in Kenya who is thought to have recruited South African mercenaries on its behalf are "of interest" in their investigation.

It has been alleged that one of the security firms who provided mercenaries for the mission may have acted as a “double agent”, helping Nato to pinpoint Gaddafi’s convoy for attack, and that the dictator’s escape was “meant to fail”.

Link

new topics

top topics

join